Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21744 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (6/4)
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 01:11:46 am »

(Okay, well I wanted to get a post going so I just did the other d100 myself.  Not telling you the result.  It was average.)

Landfall
As your droppod decouples from the ship, you notice that there are 3 other droppods falling from the ship.  You estimate that they'll fall relatively closely to where you'll land.  They become more and more distant from you, making it nearly impossible to follow them with your eyes, though an explosion tells you that at least two of them collided.  Harvey is capable of telling where the crashed droppods are falling in relation to your landing, whereas Selina can tell where the intact one will land.

Your droppod drifts into the atmosphere and begins plummeting.  It crashlands, but the shock absorbers for the drop pod do not fail and everyone is fine.  You open the lever to the droppod, and find yourself in the jungle.

Harvey notices there's a lack of noise in the jungle.  Only the sound of wind in the background.  He figures that the jungle must end a certain ways away, towards the wind.  What does everyone do?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 02:17:11 am »

"Gahh... not the most pleasant of landings." Serina quipped, One of her hands nursing her head as the other held her rifle as she moved about the impromptu clearing.

"Well, it couldn't hurt to check the other pods that came down here, could use the extra supplies and manpower." She said,, the thumping pain in her head subsiding, allowing her to properly grip her weapon with both hands, shifting her stnace into a more combat-ready one.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 02:25:49 am »

(GM OOC: Man, one of you is named Serina, the other is named Selina.  I'd use your characters' last names, but one of them is bloody annoying to remember.)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 06:07:27 am »

Hello, people!

I am watching you.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 06:39:30 am »

" Could have been worse, I've heard stories of pods exploding on impact. "

Follow.

59, 11
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:18:59 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (0/4)
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 08:03:08 am »

Actually, that would be me GWG. You go engineer, you tend to do better in that role. Swap the medic skill out for droid operation, and get a droid and we're off to a decent start, if we don't mind waiting around 80 days for a base :P
((Something just occurred to me.
What do you mean, I usually do better in that role? Are you questioning my skills as a healer?))

Personal Appearance: Racy latina with red curly hair and an athletic looking body.
Obviously not pure latina.

Would a player like to roll their demise?

I need 2 d100's, and I somewhat want to see what you guys roll.  High numbers are good for ME, bad for you.  It's no problem if you don't roll, as the numbers are only "conceptual" rather than actual data right now.  Haven't decided what I want them to do yet.
random.org: 35, 40

"Urban legend for colony pods. Sometimes happens to military drop pods, if they're carrying enough ordinance. Anyways, talking with the others wouldn't hurt."
Me: Activate drone, then take point in locating the other pods.
Drone: Carry any supplies and such from the drop pod not carried by one of us.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 09:13:32 am »

"Why is it always me?" Selina groans and gets out of the pod, blinking to adjust to the light.

Gather up all supplie and head towards one of the pod crash sights.

If I'm unable to carry everything whith my armor and weapon equipped, mark a trail somehow.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:47 am »

"It's alright, miss. You should be fine...Is this your first time off-world, or at least backworld?"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:57:34 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 09:50:41 am »

(Waitlist please.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:01:07 am by Gamerlord »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 09:54:23 am »

((Waitlist me please))

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:43:16 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 10:34:11 am »

"It's alright, miss. You should be fine...Is this your first time off-world, or at least backworld?"
"All of the above. Never liked flying in planes on world and now i've just been hurled onto another planet. Just give me a second to adjust..." Selina puts a hand on a tree to steady herself, and her stomach.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 10:43:49 am »

Carl removes his arm from the exoskeleton to pat Selina on the back.
"Alright. Just...let me know when you're ready to go on."
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 10:46:00 am »

After a minute or two, Selina nods and gathers her things to travel with the man, her Special Ops. suit already on.

"I'm Selina by the way, pleasure to meet you." Selina holsters her rifle as well.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 10:52:04 am »

"Carl. Glad to make your acquaintance."
Carl slips his arm back into the exoskeleton and returns to the head of the group.
Sig

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 11:39:19 am »

"Why is it always me?" Selina groans and gets out of the pod, blinking to adjust to the light.

Gather up all supplie and head towards one of the pod crash sights.

If I'm unable to carry everything whith my armor and weapon equipped, mark a trail somehow.

(Best to wait for the rest of the party.  If no consensus is made, we will be treating this as splitting up.  Which is good news for the 4 waitlisted people, bad news for you!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27