Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73192 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #345 on: December 28, 2013, 10:06:24 am »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #347 on: December 28, 2013, 01:59:00 pm »

Did you get splinterz work on the GUI yet? We both fiddled around yesterday (I in the raws, he in the gui source), to add two more options to the civs. The material selection works now and you can toggle playable-adv-mode for each race now.

Does the hire-guard script still work in r4? I never asked. Its a custom plugin, which wasnt updated since r3.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 05:06:20 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 28, 2013, 07:54:27 pm »

https://www.mediafire.com/?rkcgzdycrgr4qcr

I{m so annoyed with not seeing Splinterz DT being put into this release so I decided to upload it.

It{s really just a 2 file difference.

2 files are
default_gridviews.dtg (from mwdf dt)
and
game_data.ini (from mwdf dt)

those are the two files that need to be pulled from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132010.0 and dumped into the etc folder of the latest dt (splinterz branch)

Alternatively, just wait for someone else to post something like this.

I did a quick run through of the ini.  It{s a mess doing a winmerge, but it looked about the same (still on vacation).  Please correct me if I{m wrong, but its working for me in 20.7

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #349 on: December 28, 2013, 08:13:17 pm »

I{m so annoyed with not seeing Splinterz DT being put into this release
??? Isnt splinterz himself contributing to the github here?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 28, 2013, 08:26:45 pm »

Did you get splinterz work on the GUI yet? We both fiddled around yesterday (I in the raws, he in the gui source), to add two more options to the civs. The material selection works now and you can toggle playable-adv-mode for each race now.

I can see splinterz changes on github, but they suffer from a couple of regressions. Moon arrows are added back in, and a bunch of the BATCH_CLAY reactions are re-enabled for kobolds. Otherwise things look good. Want me to merge them across?

Do be aware that I'm not always going to be able to spot when you've undone someone else's changes. While I've caught the problems this time because I inspected the changes by hand, we're not always going to be that lucky; especially if I'm tired, stressed, short on time, or travelling. This is my friendly nudge to push you towards using git, which would have made the chances of stomping on existing work much less likely (because it would pick up everyone else's changes automatically, or apply them nicely on top of yours). ;)

The playable race settings have been flipped on orcs and kobolds, but I don't think we actually want them playable by default.  Antmen also look like they've been disabled by default. That's all easy to fix, though.

Are dwarves really going to use the souls of sapient creatures? Does that that mean they'll also eat their flesh, now that butchering them is considered acceptable?

Does the hire-guard script still work in r4? I never asked. Its a custom plugin, which wasnt updated since r3.

I haven't tested it, but holy smokes it's cool! I had no idea one could hook reactions from inside the scripting interface. That means we can run code without needing it being triggered from autosyndrome at all.

Quote from: Thistleknot
I'm so annoyed with not seeing Splinterz DT being put into this release so I decided to upload it.

Nobody even mentioned there was a new version of DT until now. Thank you for the heads up that it's out!

Quote from: Meph
Isn't splinterz himself contributing to the github here?

He sure is! Although I know splinterz is a busy guy, and I don't actually know the changes were in the last DT release.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #351 on: December 28, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »

Moon arrows are added back in, and a bunch of the BATCH_CLAY reactions are re-enabled for kobolds. Otherwise things look good. Want me to merge them across?
??? But they should both be removed. Neither moon arrrows nor batch clay oven do exist anymore, for a reason.

Are dwarves really going to use the souls of sapient creatures? Does that that mean they'll also eat their flesh, now that butchering them is considered acceptable?
Yes. They did that for many mod-versions before, to get rid of sieges. I just disabled it because I felt its too easy to get food. People can decide for themselves if they want to do this or not, but remember: Dwarves pray to Armok, the God of Blood. From all the vanilla DF races, dwarves are by far the most evil. Goblins regularily safe children from their grasps to raise them in their towers, so that they dont have to experience life in a dwarven fortress.

And vanilla DF elves are cannibals. Just saying.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 28, 2013, 09:28:48 pm »

Armok isn't actually worshiped by dwarves in vanilla. In fact, torture for fun is unthinkable to them.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 28, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »

Moon arrows are added back in, and a bunch of the BATCH_CLAY reactions are re-enabled for kobolds. Otherwise things look good. Want me to merge them across?
??? But they should both be removed. Neither moon arrrows nor batch clay oven do exist anymore, for a reason.

Exactly! However the raw changes I can see in splinterz' repo tries to add them back in, or at least tries to add back PERMITTED_REACTIONs referencing to the removed reactions. Head over to the patch and search for ARROW_MOON and BATCH_CRAFT_CLAY, and you'll see what I mean. That's why I put on my serious change control engineer face. ;)

Yes. They did that for many mod-versions before, to get rid of sieges...

Wait, what? If you eat the flesh of the enemy they decide you're much too badass and leave you alone?  I know I would...

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #354 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37:29 pm »

"to get rid of sieges" => "to get rid of the corpses and bodyparts that sieges tend to leave."

They affect FPS a lot, and stink up the place.

Say, didnt you fix the coin stacks, standardizing them to 500-stacks each? Because I found this:
[REACTION:GOLD_COINS_2500]
   [NAME:Mint sovereigns (2500)]
   [BUILDING:COIN_MINT:CUSTOM_ALT_G]
   [REAGENT:A:750:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD]
   [PRODUCT:100:2500:COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD]
   [SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP]
All the coin mint reactions still produce large stacks. I fixed it on my set, but I remembered you saying that this was already done. (?)

Spoiler: Fixed raws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:39:25 pm by Meph »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 28, 2013, 10:56:28 pm »

Say, didnt you fix the coin stacks, standardizing them to 500-stacks each? Because I found this:

Billy Jack made a number of changes, which you can see here:

They change many coin reactions, but it looks like they didn't include the mint.

I fixed it on my set...

Awesome! Would it be okay if you could link a copy of your complete file with the changes in it, or include it in the next beta release? I'm able to work much, much faster with complete files, as it's an automatic process. Individual chunks of file I have to do by hand, which is incredibly time-consuming and error-prone. :/

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #356 on: December 28, 2013, 10:59:47 pm »

The file has plenty other changes as well, so rather not. I removed golem hearts for example from a trader, and made plywood reactions need 3 times less glue, and other things.

Finding and replacing the coin mint entry shouldnt be too hard. And I dont know if you did any changes on reaction_masterwork.txt, thats why I didnt send you the file. ^^

At some point I will learn github, but for now its only 1 mod update, followed by 1 month of modding on separate files (warlocks), and soon after I will be travelling for 3-4 months again. After this I will start with git. ;) Wouldnt make sense to learn it for 1 update.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 28, 2013, 11:53:25 pm »

The file has plenty other changes as well, so rather not. I removed golem hearts for example from a trader, and made plywood reactions need 3 times less glue, and other things.

That's cool. It's easier and faster for me to take a whole file, and tell my tools 'just this change please', than it is for me to take a single change (which isn't in patch format) and try to figure out where it applies in the file. (For those reading along, 'git add -p' is da shiz!)

At some point I will learn github, but for now its only 1 mod update, followed by 1 month of modding on separate files (warlocks), and soon after I will be travelling for 3-4 months again. After this I will start with git. ;) Wouldnt make sense to learn it for 1 update.

We have a deal then! May I propose an intern solution that might work for us both? Dropbox lets you automatically sync files and folders between devices and to the cloud. It effectively means you have automatic, continuous backups for whatever you're working on, and there's no effort required to use it; it just synchronises existing directories on your machine. It's amazing. It also makes collaboration easy, because you can essentially have many people sharing the one directory. It takes about five minutes to set up.

If you do your DF development in dropbox, and share that folder with me, then it means I can easily track your files. Updating things like the coin mint is a breeze, because I'll already have the changes. That will save a *lot* of going back and forth, because I'll already have your files in the form that works best with my tools. Plus if I need to get files to you, it's easy. Heck; I could even have a bot that automatically regenerates the output of lint-raws.pl in your directory automatically, because I can trigger actions off Dropbox file changes.

I won't change any of your files unless you specifically ask, and I won't move anything over to SWP unless you say they're ready. But it means I'll get all the change control goodness that I need for my high-level Changeomancy spells, we both get a much smoother workflow, and you have automatic backups and revisioning of all your work. :)  If you ever want me to update your files with the current changes from Studded With Patches, I can do that too, and with a lot less effort than our present back-and-forth. :)

Sound like a plan?

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #358 on: December 29, 2013, 12:33:05 am »

Sounds like a plan for the future. ^^ I already use dropbox privately. But like I mentioned: It will be one release around NewYears, (hope you get your orc balancing done till then), then its 1 month warlocks without any other releases, and then its a bit of bugfixing before I am on the road again.

And somehow I really dislike the idea of half-finished stuff online. Thats like... against everything I know. ^^ I mean, right now I wrote some building designs, which are in the raw sets, buts nothing uses them. Or I try something that throws 50 errors in the errorlog. Once I had 4 adamantine in the forge, because I had leftovers from testing that I didnt remove. The things I write shouldnt be available. Before every release I have to delete many things and clean up first. I dont do small changes, bugfixing here and there, I try out new features, which usually work, but there is a lot of trail and error, because its mostly stuff that no one has done before.

If I upload the files I have atm, you will be like WTF. There is even a free "soul soul chopping axe" and "bloody scalp chopping axe" reaction, because I wanted to double check if the withering/rotting was part of the material or the item type. ^^

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 29, 2013, 01:23:53 am »

And somehow I really dislike the idea of half-finished stuff online. Thats like... against everything I know. ^^ I mean, right now I wrote some building designs, which are in the raw sets, buts nothing uses them. Or I try something that throws 50 errors in the errorlog. Once I had 4 adamantine in the forge, because I had leftovers from testing that I didnt remove. The things I write shouldnt be available. Before every release I have to delete many things and clean up first. I dont do small changes, bugfixing here and there, I try out new features, which usually work, but there is a lot of trail and error, because its mostly stuff that no one has done before.

I really don't know what to say.

I don't want to use your files. I don't want to distribute them to others. I don't even want to look at them.

I just want a workflow which is better than what we have right now.

If we were using Dropbox, and you said "hey, I've updated the coin mint reactions in reaction_masterwork.txt, pull them across", I could have the changes done in a minute, even if there are other changes in the file. That's a nice workflow, it's fast for both of us.

Sending me a chunk of raw requires you cutting and pasting it (which may be fast enough), but then requires me figuring out which file it goes into, finding the chunk of file that actually need to be updated, deleting the old contents, adding the new contents, checking to make sure I haven't deleted too much or too little, checking to see what changes that introduces, and *then* making the commit. That takes a lot of time, it's error-prone, and it breaks my concentration from whatever I was actually doing.  What's more, I don't have good alternatives; I can ask you for the whole file (which so far hasn't worked), or I can refuse to accept the change into SWP entirely.

I don't really like that idea, so I'm really trying to find a way that works for both of us, with a minimum amount of fuss at both ends.

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39