Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73208 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #330 on: December 27, 2013, 12:57:09 am »

Not yet, but they are there. Currently the different souls are only used in the biology lab, as a replacement for the itemcorpses I used before. Yes, I know that souls is a bit weird, but hey, it works and doesnt add another item. ;) Its certainly better then before.

The souls can be used by other races for more unique things. Gnome souls that give life to machines, or Elf souls that insta-grow plants, dwarf souls that melt metals... or whatever else people come up with. The basework is one.

@McTeellox: Hope you wont have too much trouble merging the two version... the work I did with bones and souls, and the orc balancing you did. Any help needed with the scalps?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:08 am »

Can't wait for the Orc Rebalance to be done! I haven't played them in ages.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 27, 2013, 01:32:40 am »

@McTeellox: Hope you wont have too much trouble merging the two version... the work I did with bones and souls, and the orc balancing you did.

I'm about to do the merge now. I need to get my head (and workspace) out of DFHack joy-space, and into change control joy-space.  I'm making coffee now to assist in that transition. :)

Any help needed with the scalps?

I know how to do them, but I'm *delighted* with help, especially since I know you can do this sort of thing faster than me!  If you fancy adding a [REACTION_CLASS:ORC_SCALPABLE] to drow, humans, elves and dwarves¹, and a PREPARE_SCALP reaction that produces a scalp and a totem at the boneyard, that would be amazing!  (I'm saying boneyard for now because I know totems have quality, and hence this should be a bonecraft reaction. We'll move it to a more appropriate workshop later on.)

Thank you again! You totally rock! :)

Quote from: Gamerlord
Can't wait for the Orc Rebalance to be done! I haven't played them in ages.

Me too!  :D

~T

¹ If I've missed a major race, let me know. Kobolds and goblins don't count. ;)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 27, 2013, 01:34:04 am »

Maybe add a scalp to the Frost Giants/Jotun? Hell, maybe give all the Fortress Defense races a generic scalp.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2013, 05:51:25 am »

Maybe add a scalp to the Frost Giants/Jotun? Hell, maybe give all the Fortress Defense races a generic scalp.

Frost giants make sense. They're traditional allies (at least in forts I developed), but there's nothing to say you can't annoy them. :)  Warlocks I'm guessing should also be scalpable.

As for the Fortress Defence races, I haven't really looked at them very much yet. Investigating them may be a milestone 2 goal.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2013, 10:54:44 am »

Frost Giant bodies consist of ice. Their blood is water, and their corpses are a pile of bifrost. They dont do scalps. ;)

You misunderstood: I cant add the reaction class to the creature. If you want to do it the way I described, you have to make a new bone for each race, and make their skulls consist of that bone. And add the reaction class to the material-template of that new bone. Thats a lot of work, because you also need to alter the creature files, most of which are in every tileset. ELF, HUMAN, DWARF, DWARF_M, DWARF_EVIL, ELF_EVIL, HUMAN_EVIL, DROW, DROW_EVIL, KOBOLD, KOBOLD_CAMP, GOBLIN, ORC, WARLOCK, GREMLIN, GREMLIN2, TROGLODYTE, BAT_MAN.

ANTMAN and AUTOMATON and FROST_GIANT shouldnt get scalps, makes no sense, since they dont have an skin.

Does it have to be a specific creature scalp, is adding "any skull = totem and scalp" not enough?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2013, 11:57:36 am »

Something went completely wrong with your merging.

I assume this: maint-bin: Yoink master changes -> master_4g_beta, means that you merged the file I send you into the unified branch. But nothing has been added. No souls, no bones, no manual update...

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2013, 12:08:39 pm »

Something went completely wrong with your merging.

I assume this: maint-bin: Yoink master changes -> master_4g_beta, means that you merged the file I send you into the unified branch. But nothing has been added. No souls, no bones, no manual update...

Oh, no, that's me updating my merge tool to make sure that whenever I make changes in master, they also end up in the `master_4g_beta` branch, which is separate. You can download that full branch here if you like. I need to update my code that generates the bundled patchlogs so it doesn't show all the maint-bin changes (which is me editing management tools), since most end-users won't actually care about them.

Do you consider the 4g beta changes stable enough for us to roll them into unified, or other places where people might download them? If so, I'm totally happy to do so. :)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »

Of course they are stable. :P Otherwise I wouldnt have send them to you. I tested all features, no errorlog.

And I will just... I dont know. What was it that you said? code generate bundle patchlog roll something something tools?

I just wanted to download them, to start working again, and the version that has both your orc changes, and my soul/bone/religion changes.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2013, 12:39:07 pm »

Of course they are stable. :P Otherwise I wouldnt have send them to you. I tested all features, no errorlog.

Awesome. They're now in unified, which now consists of your 4g beta changes, plus the stable patches I've received from all other authors.

I just wanted to download them, to start working again, and the version that has both your orc changes, and my soul/bone/religion changes.

My orc changes aren't finished yet, so they're still on a side-branch. That won't get merged until I've had a chance to properly test them, and they certainly shouldn't be included in any sort of official release yet.

If you're so super eager to see them that you fork and clone by repo using git, then you can grab them with `git checkout orc_rebalance`. Howver they're still based on the 4f branch, and they're not actually that exciting yet. Most of my time has been spent on learning DFHack for probability-syndrome.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #340 on: December 27, 2013, 12:52:12 pm »

Most of my time has been spent on learning DFHack for probability-syndrome.
Time well spent. I will did try to run the GUI source and failed again, checked out how I can make skeletons of captured invaders (yeah, that works), and forum support. Havent done any work today. ;) Yet.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 27, 2013, 01:10:19 pm »

Havent done any work today. ;) Yet.

Heh, tell me about it. Sometimes I think I should stay away from the forums if I actually want to get anything done. :)

(Although right now, I think sleep is the plan!)

~ T

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2013, 05:39:39 am »

Just updated my r4 branch with my latest changes: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166

Send me a PM if there are any problems.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2013, 06:25:05 am »

Just updated my r4 branch with my latest changes: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166

Holy smokes! That new stocks screen is amazing! Thank you so much!

Merged into both master and unified, and in basic testing everything looks great!

Thank you again!

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 28, 2013, 09:20:12 am »

try this version: https://gist.github.com/Putnam3145/7005730

I dont have the exact spot that needed correction, but there was a line missing a closing )

heres the corrected file
http://pastebin.com/qKMRj8rj
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39