Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29172 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2013, 06:21:01 pm »

You didn't even mention what was so nasty about the shadowbeasts.

On Shadowbeast maps they can spawn just about anywhere, at which they will gun into your streets and kill off your heroes.

It often becomes a game of attrition as you try to make sure your heroes are a high enough level to kill them.

The only bigger pest enemy I can think of are Golems.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2013, 06:34:43 pm »

May I have a Monk, Paladin, Healer, or Adept of Lunord named Raalup?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2013, 07:02:03 pm »

Ah yes, Sorcerer's Abode. And they're actually conditionally useful.

Powerful hero running away from weaker but gold and exp worthy monster? Change of Heart.
Hero swarmed by a group of slightly threatening units? Frost Shield.
Lots of guys led by powerful unit? Chain Lighting them bitches.
Need to demolish ton of houses and can't be bothered with rogues/thunder? Earthquake~
Gate. Gate doesn't need an example. It's that good.
Golem marching on your tiny outpost whilst everyone else is busy with something else? Dismiss the golem!

Yeah, the Abode is always a good thing to have.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2013, 07:37:15 pm »

Still requesting that Elf to Laze about the kingdom and laugh at all the Bloodshed, Monsters and rampant distruction while doing as little as possible about any of it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2013, 07:42:00 pm »

Interesting factoid: In the sequel of Majesty, majesty 2, the Magic Bazaar was the one building where you were better off not upgrading (using it only for its gold generation ability)

They might have fixed it, but the magic bazaar would use up absolutely vital potion slots and drain the heroes money constantly (and Majesty 2 is a game where you are desperately trying to get heroes to get better equipment).

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2013, 07:56:17 pm »

Still requesting that Elf to Laze about the kingdom and laugh at all the Bloodshed, Monsters and rampant distruction while doing as little as possible about any of it.

I was barely holding against a ratman assault with my warriors while the elves were just lazing in their bungaloo. A couple of 100g reward flags later they were gleefully massacring everything. I quite like them as units, certainly more useful than the dwarves are.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2013, 08:03:16 pm »

I was barely holding against a ratman assault with my warriors while the elves were just lazing in their bungaloo. A couple of 100g reward flags later they were gleefully massacring everything. I quite like them as units, certainly more useful than the dwarves are.

Fickle the whims of the Elves are, trust them you should not.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2013, 09:13:33 pm »

Sorry to bug, but did I ever get dorfed as that Priestess? If not, and if the temple's filled up, I'll take the first interesting hero from the embassy (the barbarian's fine) with the least accurate name you care to come up with.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2013, 09:34:56 pm »

Quite so.

Another map, this time a goblin horde. I was barely holding with my warriors so I placed a 100g reward flag to get some rogue/elf support.
Elves run to the scene, shoot that single goblin I flagged and run back to their bungaloo while my warriors are massacred by the remaining dozens.

At least I can always trust a dwarf to be late to the party.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2013, 09:42:04 pm »

Quite so.

Another map, this time a goblin horde. I was barely holding with my warriors so I placed a 100g reward flag to get some rogue/elf support.
Elves run to the scene, shoot that single goblin I flagged and run back to their bungaloo while my warriors are massacred by the remaining dozens.

At least I can always trust a dwarf to be late to the party.
That's why you always tag the one furthest back. They have to fight their way there to get that delicious reward flag.

Of course, sometimes this will result in them rushing towards the reward flag, encountering an exact copy of what they were going to fight but with no bonus gold attached, and promptly screaming and running away.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2013, 02:07:56 pm »

Sorry to bug, but did I ever get dorfed as that Priestess? If not, and if the temple's filled up, I'll take the first interesting hero from the embassy (the barbarian's fine) with the least accurate name you care to come up with.

Oh, geez!  Sorry, completely missed your earlier post.  I'll get right on it.

Everyone else I'm aware of has been written up on the waiting list, so should be taken care of shortly.  Also, I think I'm just gonna give up on the damned morgue idea...  It'd be a hell of a lot easier if the game tracked it, but as it stands I'm generally busy doing other things.  Besides, there's the distinction between heroes who died without entering the mausoleum, ones who did, ones who were resurrected on the spot, etc...  If you die and it's notable, I'll make mention of it here like I have been.  Exact numbers will be conveniently forgotten (looking at you, Warriors of Discord).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »

Simmura, still apparently thinking that vampires and shadowbeasts are perfectly easy prey for a lone ranger (hah).

"No, you fool!  Stakes don't work like that!"

Sonliran, punching a building to death.

...but not until after CD marches all the way across the map to yoink some of the loot out from under his nose.

He then turned around and left, just in time for three shadowbeasts to spawn from the castle and get pissed off at Sonli.

2nd Fiddle died, as per usual.  He was promptly brought back from the dead, and went right back to getting himself killed.

Zieg thought he was going to die, despite only being chased by two low-level enemies who were both already hurt while he has lots of levels and great equipment.  The bards shall tell many tales of "Sir Zieg, the Conditionally Valorous".

Hans was casually restocking on healing potions at our wilderness trading post when a troll suddenly picked that of all places to spawn into being, immediately attacking the guard house there.  Upon exiting the small shop, did Hans raise his bow and swiftly fell the distracted beast with his decently leveled rangering skills?

No.  No he did not.  Instead, he retreated straight past the beast and into the nearby inn.  Simmura, having recently been magically discouraged from his career as a vampire hunter, joined him shortly thereafter.  Again, the guardsmen had to deal with the threat.

It's a kingdom of fuckin' nancies it is.

Speaking of which, I'd like to welcome our newly immigrated citizens: sum1won the Barbarian, Raalup the Healer, and Reives the Solarus (who is currently busy doing absolutely nothing, as per her station).  Oneir was sent by upper management in order to serve as quality assurance, and upon arrival was promptly assured of the quality of the ratman she'd landed on top of.  She was briefly mourned, but her resurrection put a damper on the funerary planning.  Such a downer.

CD, as shown, is busy making a proper nuisance of himself.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2013, 02:36:22 pm »

Is there a Haspen still alive there? v:

Or did I not call dibs on a warrior this time :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2013, 02:40:10 pm »

I displayed the better part of valor: Letting someone else do the work while I get drunk.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2013, 02:44:35 pm »

Zieg thought he was going to die, despite only being chased by two low-level enemies who were both already hurt while he has lots of levels and great equipment.  The bards shall tell many tales of "Sir Zieg, the Conditionally Valorous".

"Brave, brave, Sir Zieg, he bravely ran away! When danger reared its ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled!"
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26