Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29157 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2013, 03:00:29 pm »

Dwarves will offer their services when you have a level 3 blacksmith (which I have) and a level 2 palace (...), and Elves offer to move in when you have a level 3 marketplace (which I have), an inn (also check), and a level 2 palace (.....).  When you build a bungalow, a lounge is automatically created somewhere.  If you have a rogue's guild, a gambling hall is also created.  This is done for every bungalow that you build.
Ah, forgive my bad information, it's been some time since played the first one.  For some reason I thought those lounges just showed up whenever they felt like it, sort of like the peasant houses.

Also, that damned Bork thing got me hard.  The only thing I remembered the heroes saying was the wizard and his "Abderadzak!" or whatever it was.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2013, 03:12:13 pm »

The Mausoleum has already been built, so I don't have to ask for another fiddle, right?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2013, 03:13:49 pm »

Wasn't it destroyed, releasing zombie apocalypse upon us? Or was that in previous one...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2013, 03:15:07 pm »

It was smushed in the last game, I know that much.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2013, 03:15:56 pm »

That is correct.  He was just resurrected a couple minutes ago, at which point he decided he was going to go settle his dispute with Rrongol man-to-lizardthing.  I just got the death notice now.  While resurrecting Sonlirain, I might add, who had gotten his faced chewed off by zombies earlier.

I shall momentarily begin construction of a trading post, so we can generate some more funds and help afford the loss of many, many more such dimbulbs.

EDIT:  I...  I'm shocked.  Amazed.  Truly and deeply astounded.  I have seen the impossible.

Sonlirain, the Warrior of Discord, bought an improved weapon from the blacksmith.  I don't think I've ever actually caught that happening before.  Congratulations, Sonlirain, you have made Discordian history.

You're still too dim to buy healing potions (or armor, for that matter), but still...  I'm impressed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2013, 03:30:22 pm »

Do you have any gnomes or dwarves? Because mutual exclusivity and stuff.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2013, 03:32:40 pm »

Do you have any gnomes or dwarves? Because mutual exclusivity and stuff.

We have an Outpost, so:

A: We're too advanced for gnomes.
B: We don't have a level 2+ palace for Dwarves/Elves.

In other words we can't have any non-humans at all. Yay.

EDIT:  I...  I'm shocked.  Amazed.  Truly and deeply astounded.  I have seen the impossible.

Sonlirain, the Warrior of Discord, bought an improved weapon from the blacksmith.  I don't think I've ever actually caught that happening before.  Congratulations, Sonlirain, you have made Discordian history.

You're still too dim to buy healing potions (or armor, for that matter), but still...  I'm impressed.

I remember having a couple of Warriors buying armour/weapons before. Usually when the map is 3/4ths finished and they're completely pointless, but eh.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2013, 03:35:50 pm »

Remember what I said about the temples to Ferbus automatically spawning animals for the cultists to charm?  Yeah, well...  Sometimes the cultists "forget" to charm the creature in question, and you've suddenly got a wild and very confused animal rampaging around.

Here we see the noble hellbear in something that is absolutely not its native environment.  Luckily, the beast is being dealt with swiftly thanks to the quick-response palace guard, along with some unexpected assistance from the staff at Unmatched Carpets (graveyard shift, I assume).

Good knight Vgray was also just recently in a spot of trouble, as he unfortunately crossed the mighty Rrongol's path and suffered the beast's wrathful gaze.  However, Vgray kept his wits about him and ran away as fast as his clanky little boots could carry him, grievously injured and losing health due to poison.

Also, it would appear that "relentlessly pursues any hero he encounters" is interpreted by the game in a slightly different way than I would interpret it, as after a short while Rrongol got bored of chasing after the slower knight and just turned around to go carve his initials in a tree somewhere.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2013, 03:52:49 pm »

2nd Fiddle just perished for the third time while attempting to take on Rrongol by himself.  The dude has a serious grudge, and I'm the one footing the bill...

Oh, yeah, the reason I added another point to Sonlirain's death counter is because he also went off in solo search of Rrongol after buying his shiny new pointy stick.  You can guess what happened.

This is what happens when you get heroes with intelligence scores of 3-4.

Beyond that, it's business as usual.  I just placed an 1800 gold bounty on Rrongol to see if maybe I can coerce a slightly larger, more cohesive band of warriors to actually hunt down the bastard and get rid of him.  The warriors are visiting inns, the rangers are out rangering, the cultists are out cultivating, and-

Died: Chaoticag (cultist)

Oh?  That's unusual.  I wonder how he managed to get himse-

Oh shit.  This is the other hunter, apparently someone managed to find his hiding spot as well...  This is Url Shekk, an intelligent three-headed beast from the underworld.  He doesn't eat heroes for breakfast, because he likes to start his day with something a little more substantial.

This asshole is fast, has a crapton of HP, and spits mid-range fireballs like a goddamn machinegun.  They're only mildly damaging individually, but he fires them off in ridiculously quick succession and they're kinda hard to dodge.  For as much of a bastard as Rrongol is, this guy is potentially even more deadly because of his range.

Also, he behaves in a slightly different fashion...  Unlike Rrongol, who's content to live his life just wandering around in the wilds and murdering individual passersby all predator-like, Url Shekk is pissed as hell whenever you wake him up, and will beeline straight towards your settlement while laying waste to everyone and everything he finds on the way.

Brace for impact, amigos...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2013, 03:57:25 pm »

Oh, hey! I remember this guy from that one mission where you have to free captured heros. He was kinda a pushover when he showed up since you usually had a massive swarm of high-level guys by then. I also remember him char-roasting the low-level guys you had by then... Welp.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2013, 04:08:04 pm »

Nirur decided to go all Goth-fu and open up a can of deadass on a wandering werewolf, and was promptly slain.  However, since Unmatched Carpets has now achieved the peak of unholy textile power, I was able to give her an early Christmas bonus a la the Krypta Reanimation spell, after which she finished off the horrid lycanthrope.

Then Gamerlord figured "y'know, those vampires don't look so tough!", and was brutally leeched and murdered.  I revived him as well, and he went straight back to getting murdered again.

2nd Fiddle, taking a break from dying to Rrongol, died to Url Shekk.

Somebody (the cultist) died while fighting the harpy that was next to Rrongol, thanks to the fact that he was completely absorbed in his plan to defeat the low-level mook and had no idea that the gigantic unique miniboss was right next to him and filleting him until it was too late.

Simmura also died.  I'm not entirely sure where or when, but he did.  Congrats.  You cost a metric fuckton of gold to resurrect from the mausoleum now, thanks to being level 11 (the cost is 2000 gold up to level 4, every level the hero has after that increases the cost by 250 gold).

Zieg and Sir Isdar the Even Humbler decided to team up and split the 1800 gold bounty on Rrongol's head between the two of them.  They are currently being interred in the mausoleum.  Rrongol was not available for comment, as he was still laughing from how ticklish their swords had been.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:28 pm »

I have an upgraded whacking stick.
Any argument from now on is invalid.

PS: How many times i died now?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2013, 04:18:12 pm »

Good to see I'm doing something, even if it's just costing a buttload of gold.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2013, 04:19:14 pm »

Delta decided to go up against Url Shekk and a vampire.  He was not particularly diligent about drinking his healing potions, but he would've died anyways.

Nirur was in the middle of fucking nowhere without any skeletal minions and decided he/she was going to take on Rrongol.  YASD

I have an upgraded whacking stick.
Any argument from now on is invalid.

PS: How many times i died now?

I'm trying, desperately, to keep track of deaths in the OP.  I'm not counting deaths where I reanimate people on the spot, because...  Well, because that would require even more numbers, and I'm not sure I have enough numbers to go around.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2013, 04:26:18 pm »

Oh hey, I did something notable. Dying to the worst thing out there is notable, right?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26