Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127390 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4980 on: September 05, 2015, 08:25:09 am »

Resume lasering the mannequins harassing my teammates.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: September 05, 2015, 11:47:36 am »

((Alan next turn: 'hey nick mind making my noise maker even bigger louder and uncut? Irene ow why are you punching me in my fat sac'))
((What isn't part of Alan's fat sack?
On that note, you'd think all this exercise would do Alan some good for his physique.))
((Alan operates on the Samwell Tarly principle of fatness: anything and everything can happen to him, including starvation, disembowelment, incineration, and explosions, but he'll still be a chubby motherfucker at the end of it all.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4982 on: September 05, 2015, 04:43:13 pm »

Staging Area

John nodded at the announcement.  "Well there you go.  Guess we'll find out.  You coming?"

Head to briefing.
((Nah, no need for a serious answer.  I find it amusing that even George's half-decent ideas blatantly fail.  For the sake of George's suffering, I'm just gonna assume that he actually did get that poorly translated guide.  Maybe one of the entities is messing with him.))

George stares at the guide with a blank expression on his face.  By this point, he isn't surprised.  Staging Area: 3, George: 0.  But he won't give up just yet!  He tosses the badly translated guide aside, closes his eyes, and tries to think of a wish that has no possible chance of backfiring.  He strains his face as he focuses his thoughts.   Finally, an idea comes to him!  His wishes won't backfire if he's the one calling the shots!

Wish for the ability to grant wishes.  Then wish for the Staging Area to no longer be able to grant wishes. Savor this moment of victory as I walk to the mission briefing.
<Request denied. You lack the permissions required to edit user privileges.>
Dang. Looks like this genie has been updated to the latest version. You should try a zero day exploit.
Adam stares slightly at the oddly constipated man, before shrugging, assuming it to be another weird thing with this place, and moves on.
TO THE BRIEFING ROOM.
There is no briefing room. Only a briefing plaza. So you just go there.
What's with people in power and their obsession with giving speeches from balconies anyway?
Saevus wakes up from sleep mode and walks over to the briefing area.
https://youtu.be/miZHa7ZC6Z0
Report to briefing.
"Good. Everyone is here. Looks like your curiosity is great."
<Or their blood-lust.>
"Eh, whatever it is, you're all here now, so we can begin." the shadowman says, shrugging.

"So. This time, you'll be fighting one of us! With all our glorious reality bending power! UNLIMITED power, ready to obliterate you with the snap of our fingers!"
He is yelling near the end, his shadowy fire becoming larger and more agitated and its edges turning a deep dark blue.

He lets that statement hang in the air for a couple of seconds before continuing.
"Nah, just kidding. You'll only have to fight one of our extremely powerful avatars instead!" he says in a joking manner as he shrinks to his previous size, clearly enjoying himself.

"Standard combat rules and win conditions apply. Either you kill or otherwise defeat your opponent and the one that lands the killing blow is declared the winner or you all die or otherwise fail and the last man standing is given the consolation prize." he states matter-of-factly.

"So, with that out of the way, let us meet our contestant, shall we? Any volunteers?"
Both Rodger and Nick raise their hand/wing saying "Oh! Oh!" and *caw* *caw* respectively.
"Yes, if the pretty crow in the back could approach the stage..." he says while pointing towards it, like a magician choosing someone from the audience.
"Aaaah." Roger emits a disappointed interjection but then switches to a polite applause as the bird flies towards the balcony and comes to rest on the shadowman's shoulder, the only thing differentiating him from the darkness moving like fire being that the light reflected off his feathers is slightly blue when viewed from a certain angle.
"Yeah, you have some new guys among you and they aren't exactly fighters, so we're going a bit easy on you this time. You know, see what you can do.
Anyway, S-Zero, if you may do the honours and proceed with the briefing..."

<Affirmative.>
The space below the balcony takes on a cyan hue as images begin being projected on the air below it.
<You will be facing an avatar of the entity known as Nick. He will be using his original bond-former body and as such possesses most of the species' common strengths and weaknesses. Those are: a large size, strength and endurance, with limited mobility. A biological with avian characteristics, he focuses primarily on flying above an area and delivering devastating electricity-based attacks, using his limited weather control to provide cover for himself. He delivers hit-and-run attacks while using his flight capability to increase his mobility. Despite his attempts to utilize them intelligently, the relative simplicity of his abilities, mostly biological body and lack of notable magical talent leaves him weaker compared to others of his kind.>
<Difficulty Rating: 6>

As he talks the images that appear show what looks like the site of a major disaster. The ground is grey with ash that is occasionally lifted into the air by wind, creating obscuring grey clouds. There are half-destroyed and collapsed buildings dotting the landscape, filled with burnt furniture, with pieces of rebar sticking out of broken concrete. Fires still burn in some of the buildings. It looks like the destruction originated from somewhere nearby, some kind of crater around which the ground has cracked. Thick dark clouds overhead make everything appear dark, despite it presumably being daytime.
"That is all. If you have any questions, ask them now, while we set up the Arena. Otherwise, you're free to do whatever you want while you wait for the challenge to begin."
"Fight well and have fun. I know I will."

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"SAY, ALAN, MIND QUIETING DOWN FOR A MOMENT? I AM BACK AND SO IS QUIET TIME!"

Politely interrupt Alan's exquisite performance.
You SCREAM TO BE HEARD!
Which is probably unnecessary when you can just use telepathy.

"AAAAAAAAAAA- oh okay, I got bored. Hey, do you know if Nikolai's around? I have a better idea than this was."

Alan summons a plastic cone of some kind! Perhaps one of those funnel things you use to pour liquids into other cups so they don't spill. As big as I can make it, preferably.
You summon the world's tiniest funnel.

welp, that's one way to wake Irine from her happy trance, bring her right in front of the guy with the amplified amp while she's in hybrid with its enhanced hearing.
Thanks Ike / Alan

Go anywhere away from the sound of pure pain screaming through my skull.

via comwire:<ALAN! STOP! YOU'RE HURTING US!>

((I hate my net sometimes, I've been trying to get this edit to go through for over an hour.))
You go to a place where Alan is not screaming anymore: a few seconds forward in time.

"Everything finally sorted out? Anything we should be worried about?"

Think about what would happen if Alan's noise machine were somehow amplified even more.
Step 1: Put on headphones and turn volume up to 11
Step 2: Take this sound: https://youtu.be/6h4f77T-LoM
Step 3: And combine it with that image: https://youtu.be/249MaK8UaIE

Disclaimer: Do not actually do this, because it will probably result in ear and/or psychological damage.

((Would be funny if someone came here with some sort of dubstep gun ala Saints Row.))

Everyone
Soon, River walks to you, wearing his armour and carrying his improvised bag. He goes and stands close to Theri with little ceremony.

Unsurprisingly, the human camp has sent out some soldiers that are heading your way. But they're a long distance away. Even if they started running, it would take them several minutes to get here.

OOC
((Yeah, that's what I found as well. So Ike didn't actually promise a thing. Especially after River told him sternly afterward to not tell ANYONE about any of this without so much as mentioning that little "unless you trust them with this information" caveat. Grabbed him by the collar to make his point and everything. These fucking entities, I swear.))
((Actually....))
<That is why I asked of you that you do not share this with anyone.>
He turns to look at Irene for a few seconds and then back at you, a bit more relaxed now.
<Maybe Irine. If you really have to. If you think you can trust her with this. But nobody else.>

((Alan next turn: 'hey nick mind making my noise maker even bigger louder and uncut? Irene ow why are you punching me in my fat sac'))
((What isn't part of Alan's fat sack?
On that note, you'd think all this exercise would do Alan some good for his physique.))
((Alan operates on the Samwell Tarly principle of fatness: anything and everything can happen to him, including starvation, disembowelment, incineration, and explosions, but he'll still be a chubby motherfucker at the end of it all.))
((Yeah. That's why I left fat on him, since it's part of his image.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: September 05, 2015, 04:50:13 pm »

"Quick question... is Nick omniscient? Is he going to know exactly where we are, exactly what we're planning, and exactly when we're going to do things?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: September 05, 2015, 05:23:44 pm »

"Hey Nikolai, can you make my noise makerer bigger and louderer like you do? Pleeeease? Pls do it pls. Oh, and this funnel."

Beg like an infant.
Sig! Onol

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: September 05, 2015, 05:51:03 pm »

George lets out a disappointed sigh.  I guess I won't be receiving unlimited power after all.  What a shame.  Eh, maybe some day.  He raises his hand to ask a question.

"So basically, we have to fight a giant pigeon that spits lightning at us?  Oh yeah, that sure sounds easy.  Are we at least provided with any weapons or tools?  Seriously, all I can do is heal myself.  Well, I guess I can heal others too..."  George looks at the collection of bizarre looking people standing around him. "...but I'm not sure I feel comfortable making physical contact with some of these people.  No offense guys and, uh, giant walking suit of armor."

George glances at the images of the burnt landscape with some apprehension.
"Also, I don't like those fires I'm seeing at this place.  I'm kind of allergic to fire.  Will the arena be cleared of all fire before the match begins?"
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: September 05, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »

John laughed.  "You're in trouble then, because when I show up, fires tend to get started. And Ron here's pretty damn good at it too.  Got any footage from that last one, Roger?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: September 05, 2015, 08:12:40 pm »

Adam nods, "Seems simple enough, is this Nick vulnerable to electricity? His own or from others."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: September 06, 2015, 01:27:34 am »

Untsar the shackle before I lose my hand. Gotta remember to loosen it it before tsaring it again.

"Hey Nikolai, can you make my noise makerer bigger and louderer like you do? Pleeeease? Pls do it pls. Oh, and this funnel."

Beg like an infant.
"Let me get this straight. You have loud speaker that is already hurting everyone's ears. And you want it much much bigger and louder. With nothing but that tiny cone to redirect the sound."...

"Great idea! Summon a better cone and we have a deal my friend! We can use it to defeat those guys." Nikolai points to the soldiers marching towards us.

((By the way yes a cone is much better than a tube for directing and amplifying sound.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:38:52 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: September 06, 2015, 01:58:09 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"How about we start moving, and you do all that on the way? Preferably away from those incoming assholes?"

Get this party bouncing away from the incoming people.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: September 06, 2015, 03:18:05 am »

"Aww but there's no point making loud music if there's no one to deafen with it. And then we can't steal those "incoming asshole's" stuff.

You're right it probably is best we leave now. And its not like we have any real reason to kill those guys. Hey Al why don't you summon a wagon so we can carry the noise machine and the booze barrel?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:59:00 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: September 06, 2015, 11:48:28 am »

"Hnnnnnnnnng"

Wagon ho! Pls wagon nonlethal pls

In non-moonspeak: summon a wagon to carry all the random shit I keep pulling into existence.
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: September 06, 2015, 03:47:12 pm »

"Okay."
I start moving to leave and continue our journey to find the Severer.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: September 07, 2015, 07:54:26 am »

John laughed.  "You're in trouble then, because when I show up, fires tend to get started. And Ron here's pretty damn good at it too.  Got any footage from that last one, Roger?"
"Heh, that's funny." 
George begins looking at John nervously.
"Uh, that was a joke right?   You seem like a decent guy, John, but I sincerely hope that you aren't telling me that you're the friendly neighborhood arsonist.  What do you and Ron, whoever that is, specialize in?" 
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: September 07, 2015, 09:52:08 am »

John grinned.  "Well, I don't intentionally start fires, but they just tend to happen.  I can summon anything mechanical, and as it turns out grenades and missiles aren't too hard to summon, and highly effective.  Watch!"

Summon a frag grenade for emphasis.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 521