Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126046 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4170 on: June 28, 2015, 10:06:53 pm »

Final Round

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I'm close enough - pull Rune to me and grab him to immobilize him. Then prepare the blingcannon.

If I'm not close enough - move close enough and perform action above.

Saevus disregards his sight, focusing on his memory and sense of hearing instead. The moment he hears his opponent move he shifts his arm and magically pulls with it as hard as he can... which results in a fire hydrant hitting him square in the face with a loud clang, throwing him to the ground and into a pool of clear goo.

Well, at least the smoke has cleared, revealing a few dead or dying humans lying in a puddle of goo that is being washed away by the water coming out of the fire  hydrant. And his opponent running into some sort of store, much to the surprise of the people in there.

The store has a sign with a giant shark above it, with the words "Discount Shark" written on it in neon and surrounded by a neon circle. It would be funny if it actually sold sharks.

It's an enormous brick building, tall enough to be two, maybe three storeys high with giant glass displays on the front. You can only see one entrance on this side.

((Four ones in a row for Hawk. Good thing he has good endurance.
I really thought he had Rune there. But it looks like Luck wants this to be a comedic chase scene instead of a dramatic standoff for some reason.))

"BAWWK!"

Run the hell away from iron (armor) man. As I go, evolve a specialized organ that mixes chemicals to create an acidic compound, allowing me to spit a corrosive mixture to melt his armor.

((Thing with my char is that while starting off he's weak and average, the longer you take to kill him the more biomass he can create, meaning he can just get stronger based on his foe's strengths and weaknesses. I like that :).))
You blindly run away from Iron Man. You can't seem to be able to concentrate enough to form your ranged weapon.

When you get out of the sight-obscuring gas, you run straight through the door of some sort of store. This section appears to be split between clothing, swimsuits (and other sorts of sea-related goods, like fishing rods) and the cashiers who are currently staring at you and your victims with terror.

There's giant signs of a shark wearing sunglasses in various poses and a speech bubble next to him saying things such as "I can smell a good discount a mile away.", "This Friday, there will be a discount frenzy!", "I've bitten this price in half!" or "It's sharktastic!"

Campaign

Campaign

((Alan interprets it as give rest to get rest :P))

Food! Glorious food! Whoever you people are, feel free to eat too!

Eat until I feel reasonably satiated. Try to be polite and leave food for the other people.
((I like the try part. It sounded to me like you expected a will roll or something for some reason.))
Leave my nailboard next to Zech. Everyone should have a weapon.

Nik enters the cave, not really believing what he heard until he sees it with his own two eyes. "Is this real? Seems like dream. Who cares, dream food is better than no food."

Drink water until I'm no longer thirsty, then pile a bunch of random ingredients between two slices of bread and call it a sandwich.
You give a nailboard to Zech and inform him of his second amendment rights and about how everyone is safer if everyone is carrying deadly weapons.
Campaign, Ike!

"Food! And drink! You're a lifesaver, man."

Eat. And drink. Get the OJ first, drink until no longer thirsty. And then have some cake.
The three of you partake in the wonders of the fridge. Mostly in the forms of sandwiches with bacon, cheese, some lettuce and a slice of tomato (with the addition of any condiment you might prefer), along with slices of cake, some yoghurt and/or apple for dessert, since everything else needs to be cooked or processed in some way or is not something that you usually eat without accompanying it with something else. I'm making the assumptions you eat reasonably here and that you have tastes similar to most people I know.

You take out one of its drawers and use it along with some rocks to make a makeshift table to put these on.

You gorge yourselves for around half an hour, until the bacon, most of the cheese, the orange juice, most of the bread, half of the cake and half the water bottles are gone.

Campaign

Zechariah sighs, knowing that there must be more to the story than he was told. But this was no time for a full-fledged retelling of a drama. Their lives were still at risk here. Despite River's harsh nature, he had a point: They had to be able to keep up, or they would all be killed.

In the back of his mind, he recalled the same theme being brought up by Artemis, Apollo, Scion, Raphael, Danielle... really, it was essentially to their survival through so many trials and disasters. They always had to keep moving, keep running, keep fighting, even though he was tired and frustrated with himself. He wanted to quit sometimes, but he kept going. Something kept driving him.

He still needed that drive now.

Suddenly, he snaps out of his train of thought as Nikolai leaves his nailboard to go to the next place over. Zechariah only manages to blink and pick up the nailboard awkwardly while watching Nikolai stride off.

"Well, what am I supposed to do with this thing?" Zechariah muttered to himself. He tried holding it up like a club. No, that didn't work; it was too awkward in his grip. Maybe he could hold it like a sort of hammer? Still too wide for that sort of thing, and Zechariah didn't have particularly large hands.

Such a crude weapon, Zechariah thought to himself. Why would I even have use for something like this? I fight with my creations, not with a board full of nails.

Wait around and guard the area. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to intimidate someone with this piece of wood.
...who am I kidding? I couldn't intimidate a fly.
You watch River slowly climb the steep gravelly slope leading out of the crack in the earth you are in, swinging his tail around as he tries to keep his balance. His broken leg makes climbing quickly harder. River continues his climb until he reaches the top and disappears from your sight.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:21:45 am by Parisbre56 »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: June 28, 2015, 10:59:53 pm »

That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: June 28, 2015, 11:08:11 pm »

((darn it - um, paris, mind retconning my action? I was re-reading and realized that I'd misread the time. I'd thought it was already evening and that I had to leave right away or be left behind. also, I'm still in conversation))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4173 on: June 29, 2015, 04:09:51 am »

((darn it - um, paris, mind retconning my action? I was re-reading and realized that I'd misread the time. I'd thought it was already evening and that I had to leave right away or be left behind. also, I'm still in conversation))
Sure, yeah, I'll try to edit that with my phone. Consider it retconned. I thought you were done.

@Everyone: If you want to decrease the chances of something like this happening, please try to strike through your old actions if you can whenever you're considering new ones or post indicating you've edited your action if you edit it a long time after posting. Or something like that, as long as it works, I won't complain.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:16:17 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: June 29, 2015, 06:46:55 am »

yeah, sorry. I didn't do anything to indicate otherwise, fault's on me.

"I... I... Okay."
I turn back around and return to the food box.
"Could... Could you get some meat out and set it on the ground for me?"
I then back away to a safe distance from everyone else, and lie down before changing back into fox-form and attempting to save what flame I can from the change.
<I... I need to start trusting your judgement more Ike. You... you seem to be handling this place better than me. I'm letting myself get caught up in old memories. I'm sorry.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: June 29, 2015, 07:52:00 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: June 29, 2015, 08:39:23 am »

Get up. Run into the store Rune's in (if there is a body (dead or nearly dead - doesn't matter) on the way grab it and launch it at Rune). Then pull him to me and grab him with my other arm.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: June 29, 2015, 09:55:20 am »

"I... I... Okay."
I turn back around and return to the food box.
"Could... Could you get some meat out and set it on the ground for me?"
I then back away to a safe distance from everyone else, and lie down before changing back into fox-form and attempting to save what flame I can from the change.
<I... I need to start trusting your judgement more Ike. You... you seem to be handling this place better than me. I'm letting myself get caught up in old memories. I'm sorry.>

Ike gets some meat and other stuff from the fridge and sets it down on the ground for Irine to eat.

"Don't get too broken up about River's finger-wagging, though. For all his posturing, he's at least as big an idiot as the rest of us. Maybe more, considering his whole 'eugh, humans bad, kill humans' piece of advice."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: June 29, 2015, 10:12:20 am »

Locate the staircase, then release a giant cloud of toxic gas, once again more as a smokescreen. Then, head up the stairwell, and try to exit the building via a window or fire escape. If none are apparent on the second floor, continue to the third floor and search. The entire way, keep trying to get my acidic spit/spew.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: June 29, 2015, 10:21:56 am »

((Must i wait for the mission?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: June 29, 2015, 10:33:24 am »

Spoiler: Now for fun! (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: June 29, 2015, 10:58:04 am »

<O-okay.>
I eat with the rest as best I can from my paralyzed position on the floor.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: June 29, 2015, 09:09:14 pm »

((I was saying, change the power of my magnetize so that it's core can only be used on an magnetic material or object. EDIT: Also his own limbs.))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:53:34 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: June 29, 2015, 11:11:48 pm »

Campaign

"Excellent! Now then, do we have a container thingy to carry this food in? I mean I could just summon another one whenever I get hungry, but it might not have cake in it that time and I like this cake."

I assume I have nothing on me that could carry this much food. Could I theoretically summon a big wagon and some ice?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: June 30, 2015, 05:24:28 pm »

Fill my bag with food and drinks.
Also put on one of the communication wire things.

"So, we follow river?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 521