Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126012 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4140 on: June 27, 2015, 12:49:30 pm »

"Alpha, first, descriptor, second."
a half-chuckle escapes my lips.
"c-come."
I sway in place for a moment, having attempted to gesture Alan forward and discovered that it's a bad idea. then continue slowly walking after River.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: June 27, 2015, 02:07:08 pm »

"...But Alfadrama doesn't sound as funny. And nah, none of me, big ear mustache guy, and face turban person can move around very well on account of feeling like poop so we're gonna stay here and have a barbie. That's the Australian term for a barbecue by the way, not the female doll line. You should stay and eat too, there's gonna be burgers and propane and stuff. Plus you need to get sustenance, I know an unhealthy body image is commonly promoted in modern media culture but it's not true and burgers dipped in lemonade are fucking delicious.

Also you don't seem to be able to move your arms so that sucks. You need those to eat without making a mess! Which I don't mind, but you don't get to as much food that way."

((True to form the guy only gets articulate about having a barbecue in the middle of a barren wasteland))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: June 27, 2015, 03:52:04 pm »

"b-but River..."
I look up at Ike, hoping for an answer from him.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: June 27, 2015, 03:56:51 pm »

"But burgers."
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: June 27, 2015, 04:10:20 pm »

"b-but River..."
I look up at Ike, hoping for an answer from him.

Ike, who presumably has arrived moments ago, has only caught the tail end of the conversation.

"What about River?" he asks in a half-awake manner.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:14:53 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4145 on: June 27, 2015, 11:00:39 pm »

Staging Area

-snip-

OOC
-snip-
So, kinda like Magneto but a bit more realistic?
If all you want is the ability to generate and manipulate powerful magnetic fields, we can do that. Just got to remember to keep you away from floppy disks.
And I'm assuming that orbital bit means that you'll be able to do that if you level up and get something like the "Power VI" upgrade.

Just two questions:
1) Do you have a preference between wide AoE, precision or something in between? Or should I choose whatever I think is best?
2) Do you want in on the next mission?
1. High-density power, one localized object at a time(This includes limbs(eg.fist).). Can be turned off and on with some focus.
2. Yes.
As for the orbital orientation, i don't meant levels. It's a indirect cause of death of extreme magnetization.
Edit: DETAILS
1. Oh, that's an interesting choice. You want it to be something that is always on, like an invisible sphere that produces a strong magnetic field whose strength you can somewhat control and that you can telekinetically move around within a certain range and attach to objects.
3. Ah, that's what you mean? When you said orbital I thought you meant the space kind of orbital not electron kind of orbital. Interesting article. by the way.
I did the character generation rolls and your character is fine. Check your PMs.

Left ward in, right ward out.

Spoiler: Die. (click to show/hide)
((I'm fine for starting a new mission))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kosak moves first, grabbing Bryan and hitting him with a powerful headbut, throwing him to the ground. He then proceeds to jump on his prone body (Bryan notes he's surprisingly heavy for his size) and prepare to strike again.
Bryan manages to roll with the blow, negating much of its damage despite its power, but he may not be so lucky next time, especially with his opponent pinning him into place.

Kosak's eyes stop glowing. Looks like whatever effect he was using has just run out of steam.

Quote from: Bryan
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Quote from: Kosak
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

As he gets pounded to the ground, Bryan feels as if time has slowed down. The fact that he feels no pain or tiredness in the staging area helps him stay focused enough to hear a whisper in the edge of his mind.
<There are smarter ways of using your abilities. You should not restrain yourself to using them merely for punching from a distance.
Use your head. Strike where the enemy least expects it. Use your strengths on his weaknesses.
He is stronger and faster than you. He will win in a fair fight against you. Your advantage is that you do not have that way, you do not have to fight as he expects you to fight.>

Final Round

((Oh, you make me laugh. And yes, you interpreted my action correctly.))

Make my beak as lethal as possible. These wings are useless to me, absorb them into myself and use the biomass to make my legs more efficient at running. If he comes anywhere near me, begin spurting out huge amounts of poison.
((I aim to please.))

Ehhh... as lethal as possible is a bit vague and I'll be nice and not have you roll intelligence for that. You already have a sharp beak and powerful neck muscles. I don't see an obvious way to make it deadlier. What do you want, add sawblades on it or something? Make it out of carbon fibre and put neon lights under it?

Same thing for the legs. They are already as powerful as they can be. Want to make them like the legs of a giant locust or something, make yourself like something out of Impossible Creatures?

I'm just giving you fair warning, posting actions like these without that upgrade that is essentially all about actions like these will have me roll intelligence for your character deciding what the best course of action is.

You absorb your wings, at least.

Sigh. Run after my opponent and mock his useless attempts to poison a suit of armor. Do the usual "pull->slash" thing if I catch up to him this turn.
He has apparently decided to stop for some reason (maybe he can't find a reason to cross the road?) so you manage to get close to him. He's near the end of the bridge where it meets up with a street running parallel to a long sandy beach. On the other side of the road there's mostly stores, tourist shops, cafes, restaurants, bars... The standard groups of stores aiming to capture the attention of swimmers and tourists, with the rare hotel or apartment building mixed among them. Most people are either watching curiously, some of them recording with their cell phones, while others are moving away with varying levels of speed and panic.

However, as you are about to get in attack range, the pores around his body suddenly open up and large amounts of a strange green smoke start streaming out like foam out of a fire extinguisher. All around you you can hear people's frightened screams turn to coughing. The gas itself does not hurt you, but it floats in the air for a few seconds, preventing you from seeing. Yet it has already started clearing, dissolving into a clear, slippery sludge.

Poke my head out of the rubble. If I see that guy, chuck debris at him. If not, pull myself out of the rubble, and use a plasmid on myself. Random choice on the plasmid.

(Seconded with toaster. This is pretty fun.)

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

Pain. The best alarm clock a man can ask for. It is a brand new day, and already it's had a grand start.

"Alan!" is his first word upon rising from his half-dead state. "Need some hamburgers and lemonade, stat!"

Should Alan not hear this, Ike does his best ambulance siren impression and looks around for his favorite man in the whole wide world, then repeats his request upon locating him. And probably offers him a sword for his trouble (leaving Nikolai, Ike and Alan with one each if I didn't miscount).
"DoooDeeeDoooDeeeDoooDeee"
And sure, give a sword to the guy who'll probably use it to hold his club sandwich together, what could possibly go wrong.
You are left with your sword and your knife.

<I... WILL... redeem... me. I will... I will... I WILL...>
I generate flame directly above me, and use it to shift into hybrid form, then stumble forward to follow River, my arms hanging limply by my sides.
"I will..."
You manage to concentrate enough to generate enough fire to simply leave you slightly cold after your change. It takes some effort to get up with no usable arms to help keep you balanced and the usual dizziness and unpleasantness changing forms causes combined with your general exhaustion. By the time you manage to do so, River has already left the small room and Ike has arrived seconds later, sounding very upbeat for a man with more bruises than face that just run a marathon a few hours ago.

Campaign

Alan stares out at River's retreating form.

"Man. I've said it before and I'll say it again, or at least I think I have: that guy's really unnecessarily dramatic. We should call him Drama Omoga.
Hey pyromaniac fox murder girl, omoga's what wolves or whatever he is call their leader, right?"

Alan then hears Ike's reasonable request for food in the middle of a barren wasteland.

"Right on it, my man - I figure a picnic will do us some good! Or maybe a picnic is also a barbecue? I dunno, there's gonna be food. Eventually."

Try to summon up some hamburger patties and various condiments, and a jug of lemonade. Maybe some buns too. The patties don't have to be cooked or anything, I'll be trying to summon up a propane grill at some point.
Or fail because my powers still need to be excersised, either's good.

((I like how your character interprets River telling him "you need rest" as "you need exercise".))

You summon a giant fridge that can barely fit inside the small tunnel. The fridge is still working for some reason even though it is not plugged in, humming slightly and providing you with a pleasant cool breeze as you open it. Opening it, you see that there's some orange juice in there, some lemonade, some water bottles, chocolate, cake, sausages, turkey, yoghurt, yellow and white cheese, bread, bacon, ketchup, some sort of yellow mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, red and green apples, chilli, mustard, mayonnaise, lemon, garlic,cucumber and eggs. In the freezer there's some ice cubes, frozen beef, peas, potatoes, carrots, fish and some frozen culinary herbs.

And it didn't explode or anything.

OOC
Okay, so for the new mission we got
H4zardZ1 the last minute addition
Wolfkit the chaser of spicy meatballs-a
Alarith the veteran
mydjet the extreme alcoholic
DreamerGhost the commentator
FallacyOfUrist the street fighter
akkudakku the TV wizard
and Beirus who will be... interesting to see how he chooses to play in this sort of mission

8 people. Sounds like a lot. Well, let's see how everything turns out. I'll start the mission sometime this week.

Ah, so he's a drammalfa!
You could say he is... the drama queen of the pack.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:03:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: June 27, 2015, 11:06:01 pm »

((I already have a plan for that, Paris))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: June 27, 2015, 11:28:23 pm »

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:31:23 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: June 27, 2015, 11:40:40 pm »

"BAWWK!"

Run the hell away from iron (armor) man. As I go, evolve a specialized organ that mixes chemicals to create an acidic compound, allowing me to spit a corrosive mixture to melt his armor.

((Thing with my char is that while starting off he's weak and average, the longer you take to kill him the more biomass he can create, meaning he can just get stronger based on his foe's strengths and weaknesses. I like that :).))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: June 28, 2015, 12:42:53 am »

Campaign

((Alan interprets it as give rest to get rest :P))

Food! Glorious food! Whoever you people are, feel free to eat too!

Eat until I feel reasonably satiated. Try to be polite and leave food for the other people.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: June 28, 2015, 01:45:41 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: June 28, 2015, 03:05:49 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Food! And drink! You're a lifesaver, man."

Eat. And drink. Get the OJ first, drink until no longer thirsty. And then have some cake.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: June 28, 2015, 03:16:33 am »

"I'm similar to a lifesaver, but those are candy. I'm a human. Two entirely different species."
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: June 28, 2015, 05:04:12 am »

"I see. A useful thing to know, that. Are you still water-soluble, though?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: June 28, 2015, 05:14:33 am »

"Does that mean I dissolve or float in water? Because I've done some of both."
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 521