Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127993 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In the line of fire
« Reply #3810 on: April 11, 2015, 12:33:30 pm »

I'm considering joining up as a somewhat mad dwarven martial artist, but I'm wondering if now is really the time to join this game... considering all that's going on.  :-\
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3811 on: April 12, 2015, 11:48:05 am »

I'm considering joining up as a somewhat mad dwarven martial artist, but I'm wondering if now is really the time to join this game... considering all that's going on.  :-\
Well, we're going to start a new mission once the tournament ends. Just the semi-finals and the final left. Your char can join that mission.

There's two other people who have sent me PMs for characters and I have yet to find the time to respond to. You can add yourself to that group by sending me a PM.

Campaign

I nod once, and follow the mage.
Campaign, Ike!

WE FOLLOW.

You follow him outside. He speaks even before you are completely through as he steps aside to let you pass.
"Do you see?" he says as he points at a point of the horizon close to where the city is, before letting his hand fall. Whatever it is, it's hard to see, there's only a faint, barely visible red line, going towards the sky. It looks like it's coming from somewhere close to the camp.

Irine sees his fist moving towards her face. It's less of a punch and more of an extension of his hand, an incredibly quick movement, like a spring being released. She's not quick enough to react, even though she sees it coming, warned by the single word uttered by him during his motion:
"Fiato!"
The hit is not very strong, it's more of a push. But as his fist hits her face, it bursts into glowing red flames. They only last for a moment, but they are enough to cause her immense pain as they burn her face. More because of the pain (and perhaps surprise) than because of the force of the blow, she falls on her side.

Ike sees the two guards look shocked and confused. They try to keep both Ike, Irine and Kassiver in their sight but are not currently doing anything else.
Kassiver starts kneeling besides Irine, his hands going towards hers.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: April 12, 2015, 12:18:52 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Jump back in utter surprise and also because there might be a firestorm in the making here.

"Massah! Oh no!" Ike says with childlike concern in his voice.

If it looks like hostilities are escalating, approach and prepare to dodge.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: April 12, 2015, 12:21:13 pm »

Pre-planned action (siezing his inner flame and yanking it up into the air above him) - DO

If that incapacitates him:
"W-WHY?!? WHY CAN'T YOU STOP TRYING TO HURT ME! WHY DOES EVERYONE I MEET WANT TO MAKE ME INTO A MONSTER?!?!! WHY!?! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!" I scream at him, crying in pain and betrayal and lost hope.

If it doesn't work, then I shift into my full-fox-form as I sieze all the surrounding flame, including flame from my transformation, and send it all pouring on to him.
<W-WHY?!? WHY CAN'T YOU STOP TRYING TO HURT ME! WHY DOES EVERYONE I MEET WANT TO MAKE ME INTO A MONSTER?!?!! WHY!?! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!> I cry out to everyone near me as I scramble to my feet and try to get some distance from him.

((No @ firestorm, that attack may be crazy-strong, but it's also slow and exhausting.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: April 12, 2015, 12:24:14 pm »

As a side note, if I can manage it in my turn, see if I can't get behind Massah Kassah, as I've taken to calling him, and perhaps shoving an anti-magic stone I've got as deep into his ear as I can. Past the eardrum, preferably. Do this even if the man's incapacitated.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:26:21 pm by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: April 12, 2015, 12:30:24 pm »

As a side note, if I can manage it in my turn, see if I can't get behind Massah Kassah, as I've taken to calling him, and perhaps shoving an anti-magic stone I've got as deep into his ear as I can. Past the eardrum, preferably.
If the quoted action occurs and I had him disabled already and the guards aren't attacking me then:
"Ike Stop! He... He... He..." - I call out to him, though I can't put together fully why I want him to stop.
If the quoted action occurs and it was needful, then:
"T-thank you Ike, he, he, I..."
((Or if I'm in fox-form, then the same message, telepathically.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: April 12, 2015, 01:21:07 pm »

Second chance round
Spoiler: What? (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: April 13, 2015, 09:11:13 pm »

John sighed.  He guessed that was the best answer he was going to get.  "Watch your aim, buddy!"

Summon an extreme-range super soaker and squirt him if he tries that again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3818 on: April 15, 2015, 08:36:32 pm »

Busy, busy, busy. Turn tomorrow.
As a side note, if I can manage it in my turn, see if I can't get behind Massah Kassah, as I've taken to calling him, and perhaps shoving an anti-magic stone I've got as deep into his ear as I can. Past the eardrum, preferably. Do this even if the man's incapacitated.
Is this "slowly sneak behind him if I can" or "rush him and stab him" or something else like "pretend I'm having a heart attack and stumble towards him"? I need to know because of reasons. Otherwise I'll just go with one at random.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: April 15, 2015, 11:39:27 pm »

Is this "slowly sneak behind him if I can" or "rush him and stab him" or something else like "pretend I'm having a heart attack and stumble towards him"? I need to know because of reasons. Otherwise I'll just go with one at random.

((Surprise me.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3820 on: April 16, 2015, 07:39:38 pm »

Staging Area

((My name is Heavy Metal Guy... and this *huge ass crossbow appears out of nowhere and drops to the ground with a heavy thud* is my crossbow. She weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires custom-tooled bolts at however fast you press the trigger. Shooting it for 12 seconds costs NOTHING!))

Now that the warning shots have been administered, how about some target practice to pass the time? Maybe summon some targets using the Staging Area or my ability? Failing that... well, there are some targets standing around.
You start shooting bolts in the air and then hitting those bolts with other bolts as they come down. It's fun at first, but it gets boring after a while. It's not as fun when you know that all your shots are auto-successes.
It's like playing an FPS game on easy. Sure, the feeling of power is nice, but after a while you need something to challenge you.

John sighed.  He guessed that was the best answer he was going to get.  "Watch your aim, buddy!"

Summon an extreme-range super soaker and squirt him if he tries that again.
"I'm pretty sure he did that on purpose."
<Which one?>
"Both of them."

You summon a strange longbow-like contraption.

The "arrow" is actually a plastic cuboid attached to the bow. It is a mechanism including a water container and a manual pump connected to the string. It has a nozzle in its front made out of an incredibly smooth material you can't identify, through which water can be pushed out from the pump when it opens.

The bow is black and made out of interwoven fibres. Its edges bend like one would expect from an actual bow.

The string is made out of grey synthetic muscles that respond to your touch, allowing you to easily pull it and augmenting the force it applies when released.

Pulling the string causes it to relax thus making it easier to pull. Pulling the string pulls the pump back and fills the firing chamber with water from the container. When the string is released, the muscles contract, adding their strength to the power stored in the bow. The combined pressure this creates to the pump is enough to drive the water out at very high speeds and incredible distances with good stream cohesion but limited SPM.

Second Chance Round

Spoiler: For the Union! (click to show/hide)

((Oh, that was funny  :D))
Spoiler: Mommy! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Second chance round
Spoiler: What? (click to show/hide)

<1 time unit until the objective is captured.>
And a few seconds after that...
<Capture zone contested. Capture paused.>

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

Jump back in utter surprise and also because there might be a firestorm in the making here.

"Massah! Oh no!" Ike says with childlike concern in his voice.

If it looks like hostilities are escalating, approach and prepare to dodge.
You jump back, your sudden motion the effect of surprise on the two guards somewhat. They take a step back and away from each other and point their swords in your general direction, but don't do anything more than that.
Pre-planned action (siezing his inner flame and yanking it up into the air above him) - DO

If that incapacitates him:
"W-WHY?!? WHY CAN'T YOU STOP TRYING TO HURT ME! WHY DOES EVERYONE I MEET WANT TO MAKE ME INTO A MONSTER?!?!! WHY!?! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!" I scream at him, crying in pain and betrayal and lost hope.
You encounter resistance when you try to apply a pyrokinetic field to him. You can barely concentrate enough to break through it.
Still, it is not enough, as you feel him grabbing your hands.

"Kestothas es thevysme!" he grunts as he pushes your hands behind your back, his voice sounding wrong, like someone trying to speak without opening their jaw.
You feel cold starting to spread from where he is touching you. He lets go of your hands and falls to the side, getting his robe stained with dirt.
From the way his face is contorting and his hands are grabbing the dirt, one could guess he's not feeling very comfortable right now.

"W-WHY?!? WHY CAN'T YOU STOP TRYING TO HURT ME! WHY DOES EVERYONE I MEET WANT TO MAKE ME INTO A MONSTER?!?!! WHY!?! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!" you scream at him, crying in pain and betrayal and lost hope.

He speaks with some difficulty, starting to speak long before you stop.
"You... are an animal... You will have... obedience... and respect... for your superiors."

The feeling of coldness keeps slowly spreading on your arms. You can't move them away from each other.

He starts making an effort to get up and you feel the resistance to your ability manifesting again.

((Surprise me.))
You put your hand in your pocket and take a step away from the guards while still looking at them.
"Don't." the more heavyset of the two says.
"Even think about it." the other one continues.

You take another step back.

"We don't want to hurt you." the first warns you.
"Speak for yourself." the other one says.
"Now is not the time for jokes." the first one says and glances at him. You take that opportunity to take another step back without them noticing.
"Who said I was kidding?"

You're far enough away now you could run and be reasonably safe from retaliation, barring any tricks up the guards' sleeves.

You can't see or hear one of the guards from the other tent. The second guard from the other tent is too busy looking at the horizon and has not noticed you yet. Must be one of those video game guards to not notice a freaking fireball erupting and shouting. Then again, the camp is still filled with noise and murmurs, so he might have some excuses.

You've also attracted the attention of a young woman looking at you from the tents with a surprised expression. There doesn't seem to be any other people around though. Most of the tents have their openings pointing away from this main area.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:51:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: April 16, 2015, 07:40:57 pm »

KEEEEEEEEEP RUNNNNIIIIIING!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: April 16, 2015, 11:32:29 pm »

"I AM A PERSON, NOT YOUR TOY! SOMEBODY HELP ME!"
I have no choice, and I warned him as best I could.
I form a swirling chimney of flame, burning every flame generation charge I have, centered directly on the mage. All nearby fire flows at him, then rises up above him into a pillar of fire. The surrounding air, to fuel the flames, gets sucked in low, bringing everything nearby along with it. for the second time in the course of the Games, I create a fire tornado. Augmented by my desperation, my rage, my sense of betrayal. I go all out in my attack and simply make sure that this treacherous bastard dies for his sins.
Ike... please... save me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: April 16, 2015, 11:33:00 pm »

Squirt a few bolts out of the air!  If the Tinman shoots at me, shoot back!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: April 17, 2015, 12:05:07 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Sorry, guys. You're cool and all, but we're a little past rational dialogue at this point."

Make a break for the wizard if he doesn't get consumed in flames and do that anti-magic-stone-in-the-ear trick, on the ear, the nose or a similar orifice, whichever proves handy at the moment. Or just knee him in the kidney sharply if those two guards are faster than I surmise or have tricks up their sleeves.

If Massah Kassah is taken care of already, defensively fight the two guards - focus on dodging and exploiting openings to disarm one of them and then proceed with violent murder (unarmed first, armed second).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:35:03 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 521