Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127980 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In the line of fire
« Reply #3795 on: April 04, 2015, 04:21:59 pm »

Evolve anything that will allow me to pick up the pace. Whether it be longer legs, or something ridiculous like flight, I need to get to that capture zone. Then, rush off at full speed. To that capture zone.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3796 on: April 04, 2015, 08:02:43 pm »

((What's going on? Is Mission 3 still happening? Can I start a character? I only read the first and second posts.))
Yes, you can send me a character or post one here, whatever you want. The first post mission info thing is a bit outdated, I need to fix it when I get some time.

((Who else was on this campaign mission? I've kinda forgotten.))
I'm sorry, I really must apologize for the delay. To you, NAV and Tiruin. I was kinda hoping you'd be playing again by now.

If DAF doesn't post soon, I'm gonna start bugging him with PMs (or just auto him. Autoing someone in a situation like that would be one of the things I hate the most, but I hate inconsistencies and keeping others from playing even more. It's been two weeks.), because the time difference between the two groups is getting a bit too much. Already there are things happening that, depending on other things, they could cause paradoxes.

Plus I'd like the current situation to be resolved soon, one way or another, so that things can move forward and we can see what happens.

Campaign

(("Involved" means it requires an investment of resources, time and attention, and thus not possible to do quickly. And Ike's forest doesn't have a college, I will add.))

Campaign, Ike!

Listen, hey, listen!

If talky wizard allows Irine to walk with him to his no doubt impending doom, slink after them in a humble, nigh-invisible slavelike fashion.

((Ah, I see. Thanks.))

You hear something like a whisper or a gasp, like the entire camp is holding their breath. Then the murmurs start. You can't make out exactly what they're saying, but you can tell what they are. Cries of alarm spreading amongst the herd.
I get up and walk with him.
"At no point have I deceived you, you are the one that proposed our current agreement and discussion. If you dislike those terms, then you shouldn't have made them. My words are the natural extension of your own, and you have also offered offense. The scales are balanced, I do not owe you compensation."
"As I said, it is your turn to ask, and mine to answer. ask your questions."
if he objects to me following him, then I simply walk out the tent ahead of him and ask the guards outside:
"Um, excuse me, what's going on out here?"
He ignores you and keeps walking away, although his face still betrays anger and annoyance.
The flaps of the tent open, revealing the two guards with their swords drawn. They start speaking at the same time.
"Sir, I'm sorry to-" "There was a-"
"I know." Kassiver cuts them off. "You two stay here. Guard the tent."
He keeps talking as he walks, his eyes on the exit.
"Theses two don't get out. Use violence if you have to. They are dangerous."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: April 05, 2015, 12:07:40 am »

((Oh no trouble, I've waited far longer for a chance to play some games (84 or so days after STAN, by my count), so I'm good. Just wondering who else was playing since I'm starting to forget.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: April 05, 2015, 01:42:30 am »

I keep walking with the mage
"Kassiver, do not force this. I will not be a prisoner when I've done no wrong. What is going on?"

if he attempts to cast something, then i sieze his inner fire and yank it up to the roof of the tent.
"STOP THAT! How hard is it to NOT try to enslave people!?! What is going on here?!?"

If the guards attempt to restrain me, I do not attack them, though I will tug out of their grip if given the chance.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:00:05 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: April 05, 2015, 09:00:48 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Quietly prime myself for massah's next murderous rampage. Smile absently. Avoid eye contact.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: April 05, 2015, 03:09:04 pm »

Bryan, tournament
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: April 05, 2015, 03:55:12 pm »

((I apologize for not posting earlier. I really do. It's just that my situation at home has really been volatile and I haven't had time to post to any of the RtDs that I am in, or even to the one that I GM. I am sorry if I have been an inconvenience to other people. I will try to be more timely with my posting of turns.

I will edit this with my turn later. Right now, I am a little bit busy. Easter weekend and all...))

Campaign

Zechariah looked down, thinking that he could search for an answer in the ground. Something. Anything. Maybe the answer would be spelled out across the sky. He looked up. Nothing still. Maybe it would be waiting behind him, a clear image or few words to guide him. He turned his head reluctantly, knowing that there would be nothing there, but that he would try anyways. Still, only the dimming sky stared back at him. He sighed, knowing that it was useless. There was never a straight answer. It always had to be so complicated.

"Look, River," he began softly. "I don't know what your true intentions are. Maybe you do mean the best for us, and wish to see us succeed. Maybe this is just a sick game, and we are just rats in a lab maze for you to study. But I.. I just wish to be honest with myself. That's all. If I try to delude myself with lies, I will be falling back into the same cycle that I am trying to avoid. My Shadow would overtake me again. That's not what I want for anyone." Zechariah stands up, and turns to face River.

"I don't know if you'll face me again. And you might not want to anymore. But.. if I am to be truthful.." he falters in his voice, unsure of how to continue. "I.. I think that I am afraid over everything else.

"I am afraid. I'm afraid of the future. Afraid of what happens after this is all over. Afraid of the uncertainties. Afraid of what I can't control. In order to escape - to end - my eternal contract, I wanted to end my path and make the best of my end that I could. There was that opportunity. By using the Medium, I could give my friends a second chance at making things right, and I could also leave everyone and everything - forever."
He looks down, afraid of how his words might come out. "I wanted to vaporize myself in the void of the Medium. I wanted to envelope myself in the chaos. In that way, I could destroy my own Shadow, put Artemis' final move into motion, and disconnect myself from existence altogether. That was my last plan. But then... you entities found me. That.. that is what I am afraid of now.

"I am afraid now, because I cannot even trust in the destruction of my physical, mental, and spiritual self. You picked up the parts and reformed me. I cannot even trust in death now to put me to rest. I am afraid that I will be bound eternally to the contract that I formed. If even death cannot be certain and eternal for me, what can I trust on to allow me to live - or die - in peace? Or.. am I left to this fate forever?"

Zechariah shakes his head. He knew that he was simply spouting his consciousness now, but maybe he could find resolution in this. "I know that you probably don't have the answer. I don't expect you, or anyone else, to have that answer. But.. I just would like to be able to find a hand to grasp in the darkness. I don't want to feel.. alone in a crowd. This all probably sounds silly to you, but.. these are my thoughts."

"So it's not your fault. It's mine. I still don't know how I will go about finding the help I need. Maybe I won't find that help. I... don't know."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 04:39:47 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: April 05, 2015, 04:40:59 pm »

((Don't worry about it, RL stuff comes up.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: April 06, 2015, 08:40:07 am »

John sighed.  Right, forgot to properly phrase my question.  "Okay, Zero.  In terms of adjusting the effect of the spear, what function do those circuits cause the device to perform?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3804 on: April 10, 2015, 08:39:32 pm »

I'm busy and/or terrible at managing my time, sorry for the delay. I know some have sent me PMs, I'll try to respond when I have time.

Staging Area

"Aye, 'tis quite an enjoyable feeling."

How about a proper warning shot this time. I mean, it does look like he stopping playing around with this menacing poking implement of his, but maybe he didn't notice the first one.
A bolt appears on the crossbow, accompanied by a dull red glow, pushing the mechanism and arming it as it materializes. The moment you fire it, you immediately materialize another and fire that as well. And another. And another. John hears the bolt whistling through the air and instinctively dodges the first, receives a glancing blow from the second, but the third and fourth hit him on the chest and on the head, throwing him to the ground, the bolts clattering to the ground beside him before disappearing. He remains unharmed though and doesn't feel anything that could be described as more painful than mildly irritating.
John sighed.  Right, forgot to properly phrase my question.  "Okay, Zero.  In terms of adjusting the effect of the spear, what function do those circuits cause the device to perform?"
<The circuits allow manual control over the originally automated functions of the spear that ensure optimal penetration for maximal conductivity.> is what you hear inside your head before you are rather rudely pummelled by a hail of crossbow bolts that drive you to the ground.

Second chance round

Spoiler: Double time! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Hoo-'ah! (click to show/hide)
Evolve anything that will allow me to pick up the pace. Whether it be longer legs, or something ridiculous like flight, I need to get to that capture zone. Then, rush off at full speed. To that capture zone.
Bryan, tournament

There is a whistling that turns into a deafening buzzing. The flaming debris of a cargo plane fall from the sky, the remains of the fuselage carving a ditch on the earth filled with burning Kerosene.

Spoiler: coolrune (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alarith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: akkudakku (click to show/hide)

There is a burst of green light coming from the top of the hill, bright enough to be reflected by the clouds overhead. It leaves a jagged spiral line slowly extending towards the clouds in a zig-zagging mostion in its wake.

<2 time units until the objective is captured.>

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Campaign

I keep walking with the mage
"Kassiver, do not force this. I will not be a prisoner when I've done no wrong. What is going on?"

if he attempts to cast something, then i sieze his inner fire and yank it up to the roof of the tent.
"STOP THAT! How hard is it to NOT try to enslave people!?! What is going on here?!?"

If the guards attempt to restrain me, I do not attack them, though I will tug out of their grip if given the chance.
The two guards reluctantly raise their swords as you approach, looking from you to Kassiver.
Kassiver spins around to look at you, his face a snarl, his fists clenched.
"'Done no wrong'?!" he yells incredulously. "You truly believe that?" he immediately adds, a bit quieter, although his posture remains hostile.
A few seconds pass. But instead of attacking, he relaxes and makes a motion for the guards to lower their weapons.
"Very well. Why don't you follow me and see how much 'nothing' you have done?" he says, almost growling the words.
"Then we will see what you have to say for yourself."
Campaign, Ike!

Quietly prime myself for massah's next murderous rampage. Smile absently. Avoid eye contact.

You watch Irine's demonstration of high quality diplomacy and negotiations. Truly, her words and actions will be remembered and studied by historians and orators alike for years to come.

Outside, you can hear that the camp is in turmoil. There are worried murmurs everywhere. Yet there is very little sounds of movement or of other things happening.

((I apologize for not posting earlier. I really do. It's just that my situation at home has really been volatile and I haven't had time to post to any of the RtDs that I am in, or even to the one that I GM. I am sorry if I have been an inconvenience to other people. I will try to be more timely with my posting of turns.

I will edit this with my turn later. Right now, I am a little bit busy. Easter weekend and all...))

Campaign

Zechariah looked down, thinking that he could search for an answer in the ground. Something. Anything. Maybe the answer would be spelled out across the sky. He looked up. Nothing still. Maybe it would be waiting behind him, a clear image or few words to guide him. He turned his head reluctantly, knowing that there would be nothing there, but that he would try anyways. Still, only the dimming sky stared back at him. He sighed, knowing that it was useless. There was never a straight answer. It always had to be so complicated.

"Look, River," he began softly. "I don't know what your true intentions are. Maybe you do mean the best for us, and wish to see us succeed. Maybe this is just a sick game, and we are just rats in a lab maze for you to study. But I.. I just wish to be honest with myself. That's all. If I try to delude myself with lies, I will be falling back into the same cycle that I am trying to avoid. My Shadow would overtake me again. That's not what I want for anyone." Zechariah stands up, and turns to face River.

"I don't know if you'll face me again. And you might not want to anymore. But.. if I am to be truthful.." he falters in his voice, unsure of how to continue. "I.. I think that I am afraid over everything else.

"I am afraid. I'm afraid of the future. Afraid of what happens after this is all over. Afraid of the uncertainties. Afraid of what I can't control. In order to escape - to end - my eternal contract, I wanted to end my path and make the best of my end that I could. There was that opportunity. By using the Medium, I could give my friends a second chance at making things right, and I could also leave everyone and everything - forever."
He looks down, afraid of how his words might come out. "I wanted to vaporize myself in the void of the Medium. I wanted to envelope myself in the chaos. In that way, I could destroy my own Shadow, put Artemis' final move into motion, and disconnect myself from existence altogether. That was my last plan. But then... you entities found me. That.. that is what I am afraid of now.

"I am afraid now, because I cannot even trust in the destruction of my physical, mental, and spiritual self. You picked up the parts and reformed me. I cannot even trust in death now to put me to rest. I am afraid that I will be bound eternally to the contract that I formed. If even death cannot be certain and eternal for me, what can I trust on to allow me to live - or die - in peace? Or.. am I left to this fate forever?"

Zechariah shakes his head. He knew that he was simply spouting his consciousness now, but maybe he could find resolution in this. "I know that you probably don't have the answer. I don't expect you, or anyone else, to have that answer. But.. I just would like to be able to find a hand to grasp in the darkness. I don't want to feel.. alone in a crowd. This all probably sounds silly to you, but.. these are my thoughts."

"So it's not your fault. It's mine. I still don't know how I will go about finding the help I need. Maybe I won't find that help. I... don't know."

((Sorry, my bad. It's not your fault. I shouldn't have said that. It's not like I have a lot of time these days with all the things I've divided my attention to. Just a bit stressed and feeling bad for not updating.))

River doesn't turn to look at you. But as you speak, the distortions in the light around him start to diminish and his posture changes.

As you finish talking, he turns to look at you straight in the eyes. He approaches you slowly until he is two steps away from you, your height difference becoming more apparent at this distance.
He speaks slowly, quietly yet firmly.
"I do not understand. Not everything."
He takes another step towards you.
"But I am here."
He continues looking at you in the eyes, but says nothing more. He stays where he is, semi-relaxed but barely moving besides the slow the rising and falling of his chest.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:29:55 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: April 10, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »

I nod once, and follow the mage.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: April 11, 2015, 03:26:34 am »

Spoiler: For the Union! (click to show/hide)

((Oh, that was funny  :D))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: April 11, 2015, 06:40:19 am »

Campaign, Ike!

WE FOLLOW.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: April 11, 2015, 07:33:43 am »

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: April 11, 2015, 12:31:07 pm »

((My name is Heavy Metal Guy... and this *huge ass crossbow appears out of nowhere and drops to the ground with a heavy thud* is my crossbow. She weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires custom-tooled bolts at however fast you press the trigger. Shooting it for 12 seconds costs NOTHING!))

Now that the warning shots have been administered, how about some target practice to pass the time? Maybe summon some targets using the Staging Area or my ability? Failing that... well, there are some targets standing around.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 521