Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127842 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #3840 on: April 17, 2015, 07:59:19 am »

@summon flame and make it spin:((Actually, no, it's not. It's all about how airflow around large fires works, and the fire is spinning vertically, not horizontally. it rises in the center and draws the surrounding air into it. the rotation is a slow process that is based on inconsistencies in the availability of the air to feed the flames. the fire itself doesn't actually spin horizontally at all at first.

what this means is that the summoned flame would actually arrive from all sides of the mage, sweeping low along the ground, and then rise up in a pillar centered on him.

also, since the way I incapacitated him was by pulling his inner fire up directly above him, the same direction and location I'm pulling all the other fire, I can keep it up throughout the attack.))

((HB, that WAS what was happening at the factory. it didn't get up to full power in there.
That attack has some rather... significant... friendly fire risks.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3841 on: April 17, 2015, 08:07:30 am »

@summon flame and make it spin:((Actually, no, it's not. It's all about how airflow around large fires works, and the fire is spinning vertically, not horizontally. it rises in the center and draws the surrounding air into it. the rotation is a slow process that is based on inconsistencies in the availability of the air to feed the flames. the fire itself doesn't actually spin horizontally at all at first.

what this means is that the summoned flame would actually arrive from all sides of the mage, sweeping low along the ground, and then rise up in a pillar centered on him.
Ah, OK. I think I get it now. Not that it would have made any difference, it'd still be the same rolls. You got a bonus to hitting him for the AoE-like style of the attack, he just rolled well at dodging it.
also, since the way I incapacitated him was by pulling his inner fire up directly above him, the same direction and location I'm pulling all the other fire, I can keep it up throughout the attack.))
Ah, I assumed you would stop trying to incapacitate him. Because if you continued, then you'd also have to overcome his resistance on top of manipulating fire. You could had tried doing that, just didn't realise you wanted to.
((HB, that WAS what was happening at the factory. it didn't get up to full power in there.
That attack has some rather... significant... friendly fire risks.))
Yep, Ike saw Irine's tornado and raised her a C4.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: April 17, 2015, 08:26:38 am »

Upon seeing Ike defeat the mage, I stop my attack and pull 2/3 of my flames back to form a protective barrier around me, the remaining 1/3 I send tosurround Kassiver. Physically, I and turn my head to see who's running.
If I see Ike get attacked then I redirect the flames around Kassiver to attack his attacker, and if Ike needs to pass through my walls of flame I part them for him.

"Ike! He did something to me, I can't move my arms!"

found the old PM:
Extreme Measure is:

<Victor, tell your men to evacuate. And if there is a part of this facility that you need me to leave intact, tell me now.>

Form my flames into a narrow superheated column in the middle of the large room the fighting is happening in, rapidly heating the air and making it rise quickly, drawing more air in from the bottom to replace the rising air, and superheating that air as well, repeating and accelerating the process. Continue this, the flow of air growing faster and faster, as the imbalances in the shape of the room cause one side to get slightly more air flow than the other, causing a slight rotation to form as it naturally rebalances itself. Allow this rotation to continue and accelerate, the air still cycling, flowing faster and faster towards the tightly focused heat source before rising up and out of the building, and drawing the surrounding debris along with it. use any flammable debris drawn in to increase the flames, making the column hotter, the airflow faster, the destructive power greater, as the tornado of flame grows and grows, stronger and stronger, faster and faster, unnaturally hot, unnaturally fast, until it reaches the point that it is pulling anyone and anything not bolted down into it, incinerating it, and growing even stronger still, beyond that point, cleansing the facility completely.

Don't allow it to draw in Zoe, Amelia, or Awena. I don't care if it sucks in Boris or not, but I need to keep his machines working if possible. Rather than weaken the firespout if it gets excessive, simply move it farther away from us and keep on building it up anyway.

I expect it to take multiple turns for this particular attack to reach full power.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:32:00 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: April 17, 2015, 08:37:02 am »

"Ike! He did something to me, I can't move my arms!"

"So stop having pesky arms, silly! Or try having different ones!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: April 17, 2015, 08:41:59 am »

"I don't have different ones!"

((Irine's shapeshifting does not heal injuries, damaged human arms equals damaged hybrid arms equals damaged fox forepaws))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: April 17, 2015, 08:47:00 am »

"I don't have different ones!"

((Irine's shapeshifting does not heal injuries, damaged human arms equals damaged hybrid arms equals damaged fox forepaws))

"Well, good thing you can kill people with your mind, isn't it? We should all be so lucky."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: April 17, 2015, 08:49:44 am »

"I don't want to kill people!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: April 17, 2015, 08:54:48 am »

"Okay, then don't. Third-degree burns aren't always fatal, are they? Speaking of, mind toning down the fire a bit? This place is a horrible fire hazard, don't you know."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:56:42 am by Harry Baldman »

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: April 17, 2015, 08:56:18 am »

((Tbh, I never saw you entering the survivor camp as ending workout someone dying))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: April 17, 2015, 08:59:40 am »

"I... I could. Are more people going to attack me?"

((Tbh, I never saw you entering the survivor camp as ending workout someone dying))
((Yep. Doesn't mean she likes it.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: April 17, 2015, 09:18:39 am »

"I... I could. Are more people going to attack me?"

"Probably! But just fill their lungs or eyes with fire or something, don't throw sparks around, you know?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: April 17, 2015, 09:48:59 am »

"It's not that simple! No! I'm keeping my fire until I'm safe again. If things start burning I'll just take their fire away."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: April 17, 2015, 09:50:32 am »

((Of course you don't :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: April 17, 2015, 10:00:53 am »

((Of course you don't :P))
((Killcount means nothing! NOTHING!))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3854 on: April 17, 2015, 10:06:27 am »

((Killcount means nothing! NOTHING!))
((Indeed. A few deaths mean nothing when you start counting the number of people killed in cities.
Play your cards right and you can get it up to continents. :P.))
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 521