Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Will be updated tomarrow! Sorry guys!]  (Read 14236 times)

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Day 2 turn 3 up RP seq end up!]
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2013, 07:59:58 pm »

Create some mini anklyasours small enough to be used as mounts and beasts of burden. They also would increase our combat prowess and just power.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2013, 08:05:10 pm »

Oooh I just realized what ankylosaurs are. Use your tail to hammer on the ground, shaking out the chaos taint.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 01:43:10 am »

Oooh I just realized what ankylosaurs are. Use your tail to hammer on the ground, shaking out the chaos taint.
I... doen't think it works that way, sadly.

Create some mini anklyasours small enough to be used as mounts and beasts of burden. They also would increase our combat prowess and just power.
meh, maybe later.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2013, 04:41:28 am »

I imagine creating lifeforms will be mad expensive on the energy side.
I was thinking shaking the ground in a shaman drum way accompanying a chant of the tribe, to clear some of chaos

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2013, 05:50:33 am »

Doesn't seem to be such a good idea. It's not a permanent solution, and we aren't staying here long enough to justify the expense.

I do stand behind modifying some of te local flora to absorb and slowly eliminate teh chaos. Maybe some kind of muchroom.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:01:48 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2013, 05:52:36 am »

Doesn't seem to be such a good idea. It's not a permanent solution, and we aren't staying here long enough to justify the expense.

I do stand behind modifying some of te local flora to absorb and slowly eliminate teh chaos. Maybe some kind of muchrrom.
muchrrom FTW.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2013, 09:52:05 am »

Alright, Working on the post now. As usual, you can expect it up within the next twenty to forty minutes.

Till then, Here is a little diary entry to keep you entertained! I don't rally have anything to planned for these, beyond giving yall a glimpse in the life of the tribesmen. Or just a bit of history on the Sud'kar.  Also, I'm considering naming the warrior we had made the contract with last turn and allowing one of the players to be able to write up diaries for him and such. Not sure if anyone would be interested in that at all, but regardless, your thoughts on it?

Any requests for what my next diary entry should be on?

Excerpt from Diary of unknown tribemen, Pre-fall of Ved'on

....The sun is dipping below the ancient oaks once more, soon, I will have to take my flock back to the outer walls. While our warriors do patrol the swamps near daily, frightening off any of the larger beasts. There is little they can do against the winged rodents that like to feast upon the flesh of my flock.....

I saw a the signs of and tracks of a Growl'er near the river, dangerous, mangy beasts those are. I'll have to inform the guard when I return. A Hunt will have to be organized, lest some of our folk start disappearing on walks... *Drawn below this passage is a crude drawing of Growl'er tracks and a rough sketch that looks to be a drawing of a Growl'er.*

It walks on six legs, a rough exoskeleton of harden bone. Each paw it has is claw-less, it has a long, slender dexterous tail that has a single, wicked looking, barbed tip. It doesn't seem to have a head or neck, or even a mouth. Several stalks protrude from the front of the beast, that seem to twitch at the slightest sound.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Working on Day 3 Turn 1!]
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2013, 10:33:29 am »

Snippets about Sud'kar life and culture are fine - rather, continue writing what you want to portray. Common media has all of us somewhat on the same pages about "lizardmen", so fleshing out your own version of what they are all about can be great fun.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Working on Day 3 Turn 1!]
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 10:58:37 am »

Hours pass as your people travel through the swamps. The tribe had long since fallen silent, you can see the exhaustion of the march starting to take it's toll upon your tribesmen. You consider trying to create more Ankylosaurus as mounts for your people and you focus your energy, trying to gauge how much power it would take you to create it. After a moment, you inwardly sigh, such a act of creating is well beyond the current reserves of energy you hold within you. You estimate that you have only about a fourth of the energy required to perform such a act.

A thought occurs to you however and you pause your avatar, speaking through it, "Halt your march my followers, unburden yourselves and place them upon my back. I shall bear it for you. Allow your tired bodies to rest, worry not, I shall carry you to your destination..." Your avatar kneels, lowering itself to the ground as your tribesmen move over to you.Your journey is halted only for the hour it takes for them to fasten and bind their belongings onto to your back. Your avatar rises and you discover that several slings and hammocks of sorts have been attached to the underbelly of your avatar. All but the warriors climb onto the slings and rest, sleeping for the night. The warrior's circle closes in around your avatar, despite your offer for rest, they still remain vigilant against any threats to the tribe. With all the weight added onto your avatar, you find yourself having to expend a tiny amount of energy to move. But the pace has increased significantly, you believe you'll reach the southern site much faster now.
Avatar weighted down -1 energy per turn till load is lightened. -1 turn till destination is reached.

You spare the quiet time to think upon the chaos taint you could sense around the land. It seemed to be steadily growing stronger and you still weren't sure what the cause of it was. You'll have to put some thought into the source of the growing taint later, though you could swear that it's origin came from a point several miles north of your old camp site.  You allow your gaze to wander through the swamp, searching the fungus and mushrooms till you find one that will suit your needs. It appears to be fairly quick growing and widespread throughout the swamp. You focus your gaze upon the pack of mushrooms and extend a tendril out, sinking it into the mushroom. You pour your energy into it, using your life energies to shift it's purpose around. You give it a voracious hunger for chaotic energies, the chaos tinted energies only feeding the mushrooms and allowing them to grow quicker. With that done, you withdraw the tendril back into yourself.
-3 energy

It's many hours before The morning sun rises and fills the swamp with it's light. The warriors withdrawing to your avatar and settling down into the makeshift hammocks to rest. Slowly the rest of the tribe awakens and stirs, shifting from their hammocks and settling down across the Ankylosarus back. The soft chatter and clicks of your tribe conversing fills the swamp air. You look for Sjamn'd and Selind'a and find them  sitting near the front of your avatar, talking softly. Sensing your prescience the two incline their head slightly towards you. Sjamn'd shifts slightly before speaking, "Forgive us Seklus, We were discussing what has occurred since Ved'on fell. I'm having issues believing that we are all that is left of the Sud'kar, I mean, according to Selind'a, several hundreds of our tribesmen should have escaped when the walls had fallen. She directed them to flee into the catacombs beneath the town."

Selind'a hisses quietly in annoyance, her voice raising slightly as she speaks to him, "Yes, that is true. I ordered the evacuation into the catacombs, but our tribe had several locations we were supposed to regroup and meet at! I traveled to all six of them myself and found no one..."

The argument fades into the background as you shift your focus elsewhere. Letting your attention drift among your thoughts. That chaos taint was annoying, and you could sense that it had originated a few miles north of your campsite. That was interesting, you could sense the taint but you couldn't sense any chaos tainted creatures or beings strong enough to cause such a far reaching and slowly growing taint. The mushrooms you had modified would certainly help to keep it under control, but it would likely take a few days for them to reach the numbers to make much of a difference in the matter. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to have some tribesmen find that patch and gather a few.

What actions do you take? 1 turn till arrival.

Notes: Information tab has been updated. The warrior we made that contract with need a name. Accepting a player to make him 'his' and be allowed to write diary entries and such.

Spoiler: Information (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:48:34 am by Xardalas »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [ Day 3 Turn 1 is up!]
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2013, 11:37:43 am »

Yes, we should send someone to gather some of those mushrooms. They may come in handy in the future.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2013, 11:47:22 am »

+1 to gathering shrooms, also, the warrior's name can be Sek'larsa

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2013, 12:15:36 pm »

Sek'larsa sounds good.
I would be prepared to take on the diaries and the like, but I'm not certain I could match GM's quality. I'll leave it up to you.

Action wise, I say we save power for now.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:23:35 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2013, 01:38:20 pm »

Search the swamp for more lizardfolk lives, we should be able to detect them, since we know what we're looking for.  Also +1 to Sek'larsa for the warrior's name.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:40:05 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2013, 07:23:04 pm »

Find some frogs within the swamp and ramp up their size to about the size of a coyote or small dog. Design them to hunt beasts tainted with chaos absorb and dispose of the chaotic energies.

This shouldnt take to much energy and will further quell the chaos which i believe could quickly become a serious threat for our people.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2013, 09:03:48 pm »

Search the swamp for more lizardfolk lives, we should be able to detect them, since we know what we're looking for.  Also +1 to Sek'larsa for the warrior's name.
+1.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12