Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58288 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 7) Failure for everyone!
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2013, 08:57:34 pm »

((It may not be that, but Bodkins are what I naturally associate with armor piercing arrows.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2013, 09:03:26 pm »

((That image is accurate. Thank you for posting it. I'd forgotten the name of the things.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2013, 09:21:07 pm »

(( really long day, too sleepy for rp, sorry. I'll try to make more of an effort next post))
Lay still while Akari does her things. While she is worki look around to warn her of attacks.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2013, 09:52:27 pm »

"Well… time to try something a bit different. Not exactly how I'd imagined using my tech, but… desperate measures, I guess."

Kick skeleton 1 using the rocket boosters for extra force and to burn him, and try to not look like a really, really bad sci-fi kung-fu movie while doing it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2013, 01:31:05 am »

((I just got notified of a family thing in another state I have to be there for tomorrow. expect the turn to be delayed a couple days. I'll try to run it either on Saturday evening or Sunday morning.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 8) The RNG is pleased with ye
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2013, 01:06:30 am »

...Ghhhh
Ascertained deep penetration, and its in the lungs. This may be fatal..and I don't have tools for it!
Gah. I can't-..Use what I learned!
Arrow to the lungs. May infect soon. Blood loss is going to be great. Emphysema? Ugh.
...I will have to employ emergency procedures. Sorry Renard.

Heal Renard - completely destroy the arrow via focusing the heat as I hold it, but wet my hands first so that the remnants would cling to my hands instead to getting in Renard's body. Same goes for the arrowhead.

Hopefully this works.

((And you thought I'd just reach in and pull out the arrowhead :P Oh the complications of being shot~'
And no I'm not doing 'magic'. I'm employing an unconventional use of restoration!))
(( really long day, too sleepy for rp, sorry. I'll try to make more of an effort next post))
Lay still while Akari does her things. While she is worki look around to warn her of attacks.

Akari Will: 5
Akari Will: 4
Akari Luk: ? ?
Renard Tou: 3-1
Akari spd: 6-2
Akari Will: 5-1

Akari quickly wet her hands on the grass around her and then tried something new with her magic, carefully heating the arrow in her hands, first in a narrow band just above where the shaft penetrated the skin, separating the majority of the arrow from the parts inside which Akari then picked up and set beside her before resuming her work. Then very, VERY carefully and slowly lowering the band along the shaft of the arrow. burning away the wood bit by bit. finally, all that is left is the arrowhead itself.

Here came the tricky part, re-wetting her hands first, Akari then took her tiny disc of incredible heat and lowered it down into the arrowhead itself, carefully melting, and then boiling away, the metal of the arrowhead from the inside out. Although she worked fast, still, the heat was just too intense, and Renard attempted to cry out as he felt the inside of the chest and lung searing from the branding iron inside him, at the same time as the hole in his lung was being unstoppered, causing even more of it to collapse, and it was still filling itself with blood, but akari managed to restrain him in time, before he could jostle her work, and ?luckilly? he passed out soon after. Akari finished her work after several more intense moments, entirely focused on the task of boiling away the metal arrowhead inside her patient's chest.

Akari then went right to work attempting to use more traditional healing methods to close the wound itself and purge infection. however, in her exhaustion, she ended up being unable to finish the task right away. she did manage to reduce the bleeding and even helped him regrow a thin membrane over the hole in his lung, but it's still in a fragile state.

Renard status: Unconscious, arrow removed cleanly, hole in right lung cauterized and has a thin membrane of tissue over it. right lung mostly collapsed and contains a signifigant amount of blood, left lung contains a small amount of blood but is still fully functional. nauseous from blood going up his windpipe and then going back down into his stomach. broken rib. open wound in chest. mild bleeding. unknown risk of infection.
Akari status: Tired, losing focus from extended high-intensity casting with very delicate control outside her field of expertise.
Quote from: BFEL
No action posted for Joe, again.
Joe Tou: 3-1
Nope, still bleeding out
Bleeding to death: final turn.

Reynan spd: 3+3
Pantagruel spd: 6-1
Skel 1(gs) spd: 1+1
Skel 2(bs) spd: 1-2
Skel 5(b) spd: 2-1
"Well… time to try something a bit different. Not exactly how I'd imagined using my tech, but… desperate measures, I guess."

Kick skeleton 1 using the rocket boosters for extra force and to burn him, and try to not look like a really, really bad sci-fi kung-fu movie while doing it.
Raynen agi: 5+2
Raynen luk: ? ?
Skel 1(gs) tou: 1
Skel 1(gs) tou: 2
Raynen luk: ? ?

Raynen, looking exactly like a really, really bad sci-fi kung-fu movie, does a rocket-powered backflip onto the skull of the glowing skeleton, then sets the boosters on his feet to maximum burn, with impressive incindary effects, you all watch in awe as the skeleton's skull blackens and falls apart, and the rest of the body collapses into a disjointed inanimate pile. Raynen then lands and collects the fallen skeleton's sword. now, he's finally got himself a low-tech weapon.
Pounce upon the skeleton I'm currently attacking, try to grapple and pull off his skull.
Pantagruel agi: autohit
Pantagruel str: 5
Skel 2(bs) str: 6-2
Skel 2(bs) tou: 4-2
Skel 2(bs) tou: 3-2
Pantagruel, switching targets after watching his robot friend's chinese display, proceeds to run up behind the no-longer blinded since Akari's light spell wore off but still lost and confused final sword skeleton, grabs its skull from behind, and after some rather akward twisting and wrenching it about from side to side, manages to snap it off from the rest. the skeleton as a whole, similar to the other beheaded one, falls apart after the removal of its skull. leaving its unused sword lying on the grass beside pantagruel.

Skel 5(b) agi: 2-1
Skel 5(b) luk: ? ?

The skeletal bowman again raised it's arms, another arrow nocked. drew the bow back, and then was left looking quite foolish as the bowstring snapped and the arrow went limp in its right hand. it then reached down towards its belt, drew a dagger, and has begun advancing on the distracted and exhausted Akari.

If it was physically possible for him to get old, Merik would have worried about it.

Dusting off his coat and remaining close to the wall, Merik attempts the maneuver again from a different wall sconce.
Merik luk: ? ?
Merik agi: 4+2
Dusting himself off, Merik attempted to scale the wall again, this time on the other side of the gate. He runs up, grabs the wall sconce, pulls himself up, uses it as a foothold to perform a flying leap on to the top of the wall, and ends up belly-to-belly with a skeletal archer that was attempting to look down at whatever was making that noise at the gate.
Oh, and there's a second one on the other side, and the wall doesn't go overtop the gate. and yes, it is looking at you.

Party status summary:
Joe: idly bleeding to death
Renard: unconsious, unhealthy, but alive
Akari: exhausted, being charged by a skeleton with a knife
Raynen: Robo-jet-lee, completed the grand quest for a sword.
Pantagruel: Bear in a suit.
Merik: pulling aggro from stationary enemies.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 8) The RNG is pleased with ye
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2013, 03:17:43 am »

Take the sword on the ground, then smash any remaining skeletons in the skull with the pommel if there are any remaining when I'm ready to move.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2013, 07:20:50 am »

((Oh look, I rolled another 2. Because of course I did.))

Try and regain conscienceness

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2013, 02:04:07 pm »

"That worked better than expected.", Raynen mused, hefting the sword in his hands. Seeing the skeleton charging Akari, he called out, "Hold on, I'm coming.", activating the rockets and speeding forwards.

I guess I've upgraded from really bad sci-fi kung-fu movies to really bad sci-fi ninja movies. Wait, is that really an improvement?

Rocket powered sword slash on the last remaining skeleton.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2013, 02:09:47 pm »

Huh. Well this was fortunate positioning.

Grab the skeletal Archer's bow, at least one of his arrows, then twist around to throw him off the wall. Time permitting, draw the bow back and attempt to put an arrow through the other archer's skull. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »

((Hmm...well I suppose I picked the right time to have totally missed any updates on this O.o....sadly. So err....would Joe kicking something heal him from sword wound? :P Or did we agree that he only healed the damage from the radiation?))

If kick-healable, then kick-heal, preferably with a skeleton.

If not....then I suppose regret dying sober :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2013, 03:51:05 pm »

Argh..lead. Why lead. Why must that metaphor be so crudely applied here?!

Akari closed her eyes and listened..hearing the nearest source of sound coming from the of the..well, metatarsals of the enemy. She opened them and looked over Renard, and reconciled herself between her thoughts of 'doing just enough' and 'I hope I did enough'.

Facing the next person, and hoping her hearing was darn wrong that she was under direct attack, Akari pushed herself to her limit and chose to heal Joe with whatever she could do at the moment--perhaps weakening herself//her own energy reserves to lengthen Joe's time in this world no matter whatever else would happen.

...I did this before and I won't give up now, Mother Luck. Hold onto my tail as you kept me alive on that snowy afternoon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 9) Naptime!
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2013, 10:58:23 am »

Skel 5(b) spd: 5-1
Pantagruel spd: 3-1
Raynen spd: 4+3

"That worked better than expected.", Raynen mused, hefting the sword in his hands. Seeing the skeleton charging Akari, he called out, "Hold on, I'm coming.", activating the rockets and speeding forwards.

I guess I've upgraded from really bad sci-fi kung-fu movies to really bad sci-fi ninja movies. Wait, is that really an improvement?

Rocket powered sword slash on the last remaining skeleton.
Raynen str: 6-2
Skel 5(b) str: 2-3
Skel 5(b) tou: 5-3
Skel 5(b) tou: 3-3

Raynen charges the final skeleton, sword in hand. the skeleton is forced to break off its advance on Akari and focuses on him instead... with little effect. Raynen manages to quickly lop off the skeleton's dagger arm, but it is still standing. unarmed, but standing.

Take the sword on the ground, then smash any remaining skeletons in the skull with the pommel if there are any remaining when I'm ready to move.

Pantagruel str: 2
skel 5(b) str: 3-4
skel 5(b) tou: 3-4

Pantagruel collects the sword off the ground before him, runs off to the highly distressed and disarmed skeletal archer, and smashes the pommel of the sword into the final skeleton's skull, caving it in, and it drops to the ground, nothing more than a mangled pile of bones.

Huh. Well this was fortunate positioning.

Grab the skeletal Archer's bow, at least one of his arrows, then twist around to throw him off the wall. Time permitting, draw the bow back and attempt to put an arrow through the other archer's skull. 
Merik spd: 4
Skel 1(near) spd: 5-1
Skel 2(far) spd: 1-1
Merik agi: 2+2
Skel 1(near) str: 6-3
Merik str: 5
Merik str: 5
Skel 1(near) str: 4-3
Skel 2(far) agi: 3-1

Merik reaches out and attempts to steal the skeleton's weaponry while the skeleton attempts to shove him right back down where he came from. as it turns out, this works for Merik, who uses the extra force to twist the bow out of the skeleton's hand, steals an arrow from its quivver, and shoves the already off-balance skeleton down off the wall behind him. it seems to still be mobile though, and the other isn't the happiest either, considering the arrow that just flew past.

((Oh look, I rolled another 2. Because of course I did.))

Try and regain conscienceness
Renard tou: 2-1
It appears to still be sleepy-time.
Argh..lead. Why lead. Why must that metaphor be so crudely applied here?!

Akari closed her eyes and listened..hearing the nearest source of sound coming from the of the..well, metatarsals of the enemy. She opened them and looked over Renard, and reconciled herself between her thoughts of 'doing just enough' and 'I hope I did enough'.

Facing the next person, and hoping her hearing was darn wrong that she was under direct attack, Akari pushed herself to her limit and chose to heal Joe with whatever she could do at the moment--perhaps weakening herself//her own energy reserves to lengthen Joe's time in this world no matter whatever else would happen.

...I did this before and I won't give up now, Mother Luck. Hold onto my tail as you kept me alive on that snowy afternoon.
Akari will: 6-1
Akari will: 6-1 O.O
Akari will: 3-1
Akari tou: 1-2
Akari tou: 6-2
Akari, ignoring the battle right beside her, and the attempt upon her life, walks over to Joe and attempts to save her companion. When she gets there she sees the wound itself. It's a single, gigantic diagonal slash, from his shoulder, almost certainly destroying his collarbone, all the way down to just above his waist on the other side. although it doesn't look to have hit anything too vital, because his ribcage did its job, as is visible from the many, many exposed places where the blade struck the bone as it went across his chest, he's lost a truly massive amount of blood, and he's visibly turning pale from the loss.
Akari doesn't have the time to do anything fancy, she just has to heal him, right here, right now. she pours herself into her task, somewhat frighteningly literally, desperately attempting to stem the flow of lost blood and renew what is left inside him. and... it works, she is able to see the wound... wounds? both of the matching parallel gashes closing before her, and color returning to his skin... shortly before her dizzyness overtakes her, and she becomes swallowed up in blackness.
((Hmm...well I suppose I picked the right time to have totally missed any updates on this O.o....sadly. So err....would Joe kicking something heal him from sword wound? :P Or did we agree that he only healed the damage from the radiation?))

If kick-healable, then kick-heal, preferably with a skeleton.

If not....then I suppose regret dying sober :(

Joe tou: 4-2
while attempting to say your last regrets, the fox-girl comes over to you and reaches down, positively aglow with magic, attempting to save your life. it feels... good? it feels really good, sickeningly good. so saccarine-sweet that it hurts, though you don't feel any pain. you try to say something, but you just can't, you're having trouble doing... anything. your vision fades, first into white, and then into black.

Party status:
Merik: throwing things off ledges
Raynen: Robo-ninja
Pangagruel: armed bear.
Renard: Unconsious
Akari: Unconsious
Joe: Unconsious

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 9) Naptime!
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2013, 11:32:16 am »

Merik brought the bow up and carefully sighted in on the active skeleton archer, taking his time with the shot. He only had one arrow, missing would be... unfortunate. He could afford to take his time, it wasn't very likely these arrows were tipped with silver.

Put an arrow through the other archer's skull, sacrifice my initiative if it would grant me a bonus

---

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 9) Naptime!
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2013, 11:35:16 am »

((It will grant you a bonus as long as the archer doesn't hit you. if it hits you then you'll take a penalty. are you ok with that?))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33