Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58287 times)

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 6) Pick your targets people!
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2013, 11:33:13 am »

((I hope you guys don't mind me giving my input. :P

As someone who's an IRL (ex) paramedic, my advice would be to leave it there. DO NOT break the shaft or apply any sort of pressure ON the arrow. Hold it still. Any further motion will damage surrounding tissues and further promote bleeding. Pulling it out would only gouge your wound; and penetrating injuries to the center mass are almost always bad news as it is. You could have rib or sternum fragmentation, an arrow in your lung or just simply a messed up major artery. Either way you're hemorrhaging as we speak.

Best case scenario: it's caught just past your intercostals, barely scraping the lungs. Sit still and try to apply a bulky dressing at the wound and loop around the arrow to support it's weight. Your main objective right now is to stabilize the arrow and limit its motion and prevent any more of your lifejuice from leaking. Hopefully the bandage will help slow the bleeding down. Unless someone can magic up some IV fluids, that's all you can do right now. :P))
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:40:56 am by BeruangSarkis »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2013, 01:45:34 pm »

interupted mid-update-writing, but a couple important things:

For one, Akari is going to be able to diagnose what exactly the wound on Renard is: a sucking chest wound. the arrow was an armor-piercing style (narrow and smooth, still wider at the tip than the shaft but not barbed) and it's currently plugging the hole it itself made in his right lung. He's also got a broken rib where it went through. The reason he fell over when it hit was mostly shock. Renard is going to be coughing up blood soon, but he isn't dead or doomed to die, as long as nothing else happens to him and he doesn't get an infection.

For two: LASER stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Lasers are radiation weapons in the first place. specifically they use electromagnetic radiation, the same stuff as gamma rays, they just operate at a lower frequency. Gamma rays typically operate at over 1019Hz, whereas the visible output of a normal laser is closer to 1015Hz.  now then, the difference between 1019 and 1015 is still a 10000x difference, so there's a lot of room for variability here, but I really do need to treat the weapons very similarly. As a result, as per Nick's request, I'm changing Raynen's action to searching for an alternate weapon.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 7) Failure for everyone!
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2013, 04:52:23 pm »

Pantagruel spd: 4-1+1 (compensation for GM error last turn, you should have had an attack.)
Akari spd: 4-2
Raynen spd: 6+3
Skel 5(b) spd: 6-1
Skel 1(gs) spd: 3+1
Skel 2(bs) spd: 5-2
"Seriously? I might need a new weapon…"

If the rifle mechanics get changed, fire again, else check fallen skeletons for any weaponry and attack the blind skeleton with whatever I find.
Raynen luk:? ?

our rocket-powered robo-man dashes over to the ashes of the destroyed skeletons and attempts to steal their swords. sadly, as it turns out, the blades were shredded under the minigun's assault along with their bony handlers. the only thing his padding around in the grass finds is ash and a few broken blade bits stuck inside his hand, almost as though he went patting his hand blindly on broken glass.

Skel 5(b) agi:4-1

the skeletal bowman at the rear takes a shot at Pantagruel... and misses.

Bash it up with these skele-people. As in, bash the most dangerous-looking one in the head.
Skel 1(gs) str: 3+1
Pantagruel str: 3+2 (compensation for GM error last turn, you should have had an attack.)
Skel 1(gs) tou: 5+1
Pantagruel luk: ? ?

As the glowing skeletal swordsman raises his blade to finish off Joe, it finds itself interupted by the frenzied bashing of some well dressed fat man's cane on the back of its head, and turns about to face its attacker. As the two of them exchange blows, Pantagruel manages to get a few decent licks in, but none seem to be able to leave a lasting mark. at least his mostly-wooden cane is holding up thus far against the abuse of blocking and bashing it against bone.

Skel 2(bs) per: 3-2

The blind skeleton attempts to locate one of the living using sound alone... and appears to be walking off away from the fight completely.

"Don't you move! Keep the skeletons at bay--any kind of movement from there would just increase the wounds!"
I wonder if he removed the arrow shaft.
"Just keep it there and let me heal your chest!"

Akari per: ? ?
Akari str: 3-2

The arrow in renard's chest appears to be right about where his right lung should be, and it had to go through his ribcage to get there. You attempt to *borrow* some strips of cloth from Renard's clothes to bandage the wound, and hold the arrow still, but they're too well made and don't tear easily. the entry wound itself is unexpectedly narrow, the arrow probably was designed more to pierce armor than to rip flesh.

Renard keeps laying on the ground, his hands on the wound.

"Really though, if someone could help me stop bleeding, that would be great."

lay still, staunch bleeding, contemplate getting a deskjob at a temple
Renard luk (net result, modifiers hidden): 2 (my dice really do hate you I think, because seriously, this is stupid.)
A deskjob would be nice, except for all the paperwork. and the filing. and being called up to defend this and that other parishioner after they got caught. and being nice to people you hate. and trying to keep your pens! I mean seriously, this may be a temple of the nameless god, but come on. pens? couldn't they steal the altar ornamentation or something? but no, it's always, ALWAYS your pens. why can't they steal someone else's pens? it's not like yours are any nicer! but no, lets just all run off with every. last. one. of Renard's pens.
a deskjob would be hell.

what's that weird taste in your mouth? and why do you feel like you're drowning? (still in bad shape, but not actively bleeding out right now.)
Quote from: BFEL
no post
Joe attempts to hold himself shut.
tou: 3-1
nope, a giant slash down your chest does not hold together well with just your bare hands. also, your abdomen feels like it's on fire.
(bleeding out, 2 turns left)
MERIK cracks his neck and sheathes his sword for the moment. Knights were valorous and strong. Snipers were keen of eye and deadly enough to kill from a mile. Duelists... duelists were creative and agile. Merik ran at the nearest torch sconce, jumping and grabbing it with both hands, pulling up and swinging enough to, hopefully, get his body on top of the wall.
Merik luk: ? ?
Merik agi: 1+2
? ?:? ?
? ?:? ?
Merik per: 2+1
Merik runs up to the nearest torch sconce, jumps up, grabs it with both hands, lifts himself up, slips, and falls flat on his ass. You have no idea if whoever is on top of the wall heard that or not.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:21:01 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2013, 04:39:10 am »

...Ghhhh
Ascertained deep penetration, and its in the lungs. This may be fatal..and I don't have tools for it!
Gah. I can't-..Use what I learned!
Arrow to the lungs. May infect soon. Blood loss is going to be great. Emphysema? Ugh.
...I will have to employ emergency procedures. Sorry Renard.

Heal Renard - completely destroy the arrow via focusing the heat as I hold it, but wet my hands first so that the remnants would cling to my hands instead to getting in Renard's body. Same goes for the arrowhead.

Hopefully this works.

((And you thought I'd just reach in and pull out the arrowhead :P Oh the complications of being shot~'
And no I'm not doing 'magic'. I'm employing an unconventional use of restoration!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2013, 06:39:16 am »

Pounce upon the skeleton I'm currently attacking, try to grapple and pull off his skull.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2013, 11:04:16 am »

...Ghhhh
Ascertained deep penetration, and its in the lungs. This may be fatal..and I don't have tools for it!
Gah. I can't-..Use what I learned!
Arrow to the lungs. May infect soon. Blood loss is going to be great. Emphysema? Ugh.
...I will have to employ emergency procedures. Sorry Renard.

Heal Renard - completely destroy the arrow via focusing the heat as I hold it, but wet my hands first so that the remnants would cling to my hands instead to getting in Renard's body. Same goes for the arrowhead.

Hopefully this works.
Wet your hands... how?
Don't get me wrong, you have a couple ways to do it promptly that I can think off offhand, but you aren't carrying water right now.
Spoiler: offhand thoughts (click to show/hide)
oh, and the current entry hole is smaller than your hand.
Also, I need to make sure I understand the plan.
is it: destroy arrow then use healing magic?
or is it: destroy arrow and finish treatment next turn?
Spoiler: GM thoughts (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2013, 12:19:29 pm »

Spoiler: offhand thoughts (click to show/hide)

((Don't forget Renard's blood. That could work, no? You just have to widen the wound a little.

It probably won't even hurt as much as vaporizing a hunk of metal inside of the guy.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »

((So… ideas for what Raynen can do now? The laser was meant to be the all-purpose weapon, the other stuff he's carrying would result in some extreme collateral damage.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »

((So… ideas for what Raynen can do now? The laser was meant to be the all-purpose weapon, the other stuff he's carrying would result in some extreme collateral damage.))
((I gave you a hint in the first sentence of your most recent turn.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2013, 04:57:37 pm »

If it was physically possible for him to get old, Merik would have worried about it.

Dusting off his coat and remaining close to the wall, Merik attempts the maneuver again from a different wall sconce.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2013, 08:28:54 pm »

((I hope you guys don't mind me giving my input. :P

As someone who's an IRL (ex) paramedic, my advice would be to leave it there. DO NOT break the shaft or apply any sort of pressure ON the arrow. Hold it still. Any further motion will damage surrounding tissues and further promote bleeding. Pulling it out would only gouge your wound; and penetrating injuries to the center mass are almost always bad news as it is. You could have rib or sternum fragmentation, an arrow in your lung or just simply a messed up major artery. Either way you're hemorrhaging as we speak.

Best case scenario: it's caught just past your intercostals, barely scraping the lungs. Sit still and try to apply a bulky dressing at the wound and loop around the arrow to support it's weight. Your main objective right now is to stabilize the arrow and limit its motion and prevent any more of your lifejuice from leaking. Hopefully the bandage will help slow the bleeding down. Unless someone can magic up some IV fluids, that's all you can do right now. :P))
((Gah! Missed this D:
As a note, I'm unsure of the structure of the arrow, really. As in, if the arrowhead is stuck to the shaft or only held by a loose kind-of-paste. Somewhat reactant to body fluids and all..
Oh, and that it'll cause an infection in the meantime :3
And..err, the IV fluids are for a really different reason, as far as I know.))

Lenglon: ((I was being silly and going against my principles of 'Magis is not just "MAGIC AHA!"'..sorry. Fixin'!
> Akari's magic is PURELY based on environmental forces like humidity in the air and stuff.
And yes, she's aiming for the 'destroy arrow then use healing magic?' despite the arrowhead being in the subject's body. Perhaps it can..be morphed out(?) (..hopefully its not metallic) and retrieved given the description and use in only puncturing armor.

And here I thought it was embedded within the lungs itself! Hah! There goes your thoracic cavity.))
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:32:13 pm by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2013, 08:35:06 pm »

((the arrowhead is tied on with a very small and thin, very very tightly and evenly wrapped, string. there is a tiny specialized knot tied at each end, again very tightly tied, with no intentions of it ever being undone for any reason. the string is then waxed in place and the wax allowed to harden, locking the entire assembly together. I've made arrows before.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2013, 08:36:33 pm »

((O_O
Awesome.

Though Akari doesn't see the skeletons as skeletons, just really gaunt people. :P
...I don't think I examined the arrowhead though, ah well. Let's leave it at that! Aiming to stabilize bleeding..))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2013, 08:51:32 pm »

And yes, she's aiming for the 'destroy arrow then use healing magic?' despite the arrowhead being in the subject's body. Perhaps it can..be morphed out(?) (..hopefully its not metallic) and retrieved given the description and use in only puncturing armor.

((Bodkins are nasty things. Just saying.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2013, 08:55:40 pm »

((Well y'coulda just said Bodkin arrows, then we'd understand![/shiftingblame]
Sorry
I didn't imagine it as that. Thanks! :P))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33