Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58338 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 1)
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2013, 05:11:05 pm »

((So, uh, Since we never really got any backstory on this setting, what major gods are there? I would assume my character knows them))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2013, 05:13:06 pm »

((quite a lot, and yes, you would know them, gimmie a bit and I'll edit them into this post. however if you want to make one up i'll make sure to include it in the pantheon))

((pantheon posted below and in my 3rd reserved spot))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:28:27 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »

[I've only a few bits of currency on hand, enough to survive a week on..mundane rations.

Eh, let's say 1 gold coin as my lucky gold coin which I may never ever spend!]

Akari looked at the rest and took a bite of the morning meal, enjoying the cuisine they had out in this area, wondering on whether their journey would be like in the tales and stories she read in her youth, or perhaps thought of a grueling time of danger and thrill wherein many original acts of humanity would occur.

Needless to say, she caught herself drifting off on a daydream and straightened up,
"Oh dear. I just realized something. I do not actually have any money, it seems. How dreadful."
"I have nothing I'd want to spend here, too. Just..err, what I had in the first place." she said, adding a note of apology to the keeper of the place. She whispered to the one nearest to her (which could be anyone, really.) "We should probably tip the good man for his deeds. This is really good food."

Begin drawing some kind of art or sign to...err, either repay the innkeeper or as..compensation for our presence here?

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2013, 09:30:35 pm »

Having no reason (indeed, no ability) to eat, Raynen merely spent his time fiddling with a few spare parts, idly assembling them in the same way a bored child might toy with creating a paper airplane. Though he wasn't about to admit it, this restlessness was mainly from nervousness, as though Raynen had faced plenty of danger already in his life, the sheer magnitude of the payout offered here indicated that something dark and deadly was at work.

"I suppose in theory, I could order and pay for nearly anything here… but in practice, I have my own debts to settle, and I already have all the supplies I'll need. If there's nothing of importance, shall we go ahead and get this mission underway?"

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2013, 10:28:48 pm »

I need to establish how much money is worth don't I?
1 Platinum = 7 gold
1 gold = 20 silver = 12 electrum
1 silver = 20 copper
1 electrum = 33 copper (you lose 1/3 a copper in the conversion because electrum is a PITA)

as for actual value, a night at a normal inn, nothing fancy, is about 1 silver, a meal is about 3 copper. all values are + or - depending on location and quality and so on.

I'll add this to the op when I'm not in a hurry.

Ah, I was afraid I'd give more than I intended. :P

I guess I'd be better if you'd change my gold to silver. 5 silver seems about right.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:30:54 pm by BeruangSarkis »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2013, 01:50:33 am »

((No ones gonna buy me booze are they? :P))
Get close to someones ear and then ramble incoherently about booze.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2013, 02:22:01 am »

Spoiler: Ye Gods this is long (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2013, 03:38:30 pm »

Renard puffs up his chest

"Battle-priest of Krestor, I've served with multiple mercenary bands. I had the holy Lion inked on my arm, nothing shows your devotion quite as etching the holy symbol into your flesh. Alas..." He pulls up his sleeve and takes of his left glove, revealing the scarred, burned skin. "Serving with warriors in the fields of battle isn't quite safe, and I'm afraid I've had my share of wounds."

Answer station master, become the king of bullshit mountain

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2013, 03:54:33 pm »

Renard puffs up his chest

"Battle-priest of Krestor, I've served with multiple mercenary bands. I had the holy Lion inked on my arm, nothing shows your devotion quite as etching the holy symbol into your flesh. Alas..." He pulls up his sleeve and takes of his left glove, revealing the scarred, burned skin. "Serving with warriors in the fields of battle isn't quite safe, and I'm afraid I've had my share of wounds."

Answer station master, become the king of bullshit mountain
((Nice comeback, capitol hill welcomes its new ruler... for the next five seconds anyway.))
? ?: 2 + 1 + 1
"Well, I suppose you're alright. I actually keep several lightweight crossbows for my riders, it helps keep smart-alecs from trying to steal their messages. I could lend you a couple, I suppose. I'll need about ten gold apiece though."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2013, 04:59:18 pm »

Renard was quiet for just a second thinking "shit, I thought I had him there for a second. Allright, last ditch effort..."

Renard looks positively heartbroken "10 gold? That is hardly a fair price. You would rob me of my money without even blinking twice, even after I had to make the death offerings to my comrades, of whom I've lost TOO MANY coming to this wretched place. But I see you don't care, I see my life and holy mission to restore this city to its former glory are worth nothing but cold hard cash to you." He looks the station master straight in the eyes "I hope that when your deeds are being weighed in the scales of Belgan in the afterlife, that he will have mercy on your soul." He sighs a sad sigh "Gods know that you'll need it"

-ker-fixed-
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:13:31 pm by Pancaek »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2013, 05:09:09 pm »

Renard looks positively heartbroken "Did you not hear me? I have no currency..."
"Or at the very least offer me a reasonable price."
((Are you sure this is the tactic you want to use? I figure it's easier to forget what you said a day ago than it is for something a few seconds ago so I'm giving you a quick reminder, but I wouldn't count on it in the future.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2013, 05:11:00 pm »

Renard looks positively heartbroken "Did you not hear me? I have no currency..."
"Or at the very least offer me a reasonable price."
((Are you sure this is the tactic you want to use? I figure it's easier to forget what you said a day ago than it is for something a few seconds ago so I'm giving you a quick reminder, but I wouldn't count on it in the future.))
((frak, I totally forgot about that. Sorry, it's been a long day. Give me second to fix that))

((So, mistake amended. Give me a sign when all this bluffing and haggling is getting too annoying for you, and I'll tone it down a bit. I'm just getting carried away a bit in the whole priest charade))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:14:46 pm by Pancaek »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2013, 05:32:14 pm »

((My goal is to at least get you all on the road at least within the next day or two. I have the time and the will to keep running these personal micro-turns for quite some time so you can flesh out your characters, your inventories, and so on. if it would be in-character for you to keep haggling, then feel free. I just don't want it to hold up the rest of the party.))
Renard was quiet for just a second thinking "shit, I thought I had him there for a second. Allright, last ditch effort..."

Renard looks positively heartbroken "10 gold? That is hardly a fair price. You would rob me of my money without even blinking twice, even after I had to make the death offerings to my comrades, of whom I've lost TOO MANY coming to this wretched place. But I see you don't care, I see my life and holy mission to restore this city to its former glory are worth nothing but cold hard cash to you." He looks the station master straight in the eyes "I hope that when your deeds are being weighed in the scales of Belgan in the afterlife, that he will have mercy on your soul." He sighs a sad sigh "Gods know that you'll need it"

-ker-fixed-
? ?: 2 + 1 - 1
((what is it with you and my dice rolling twos?))
"Hey now! I've given ye a free night's stay and fed ye this mornin, all free of charge. and now when I ask you to pay when you want to run off with some of my more expensive equipment into someplace you're probly naer gonna come back from you give me this talk of the weight on my soul? Have you no shame? 10 gold is far fairer price then you have any right to ask for, I could just as easily be askin for twenty and I'd still be doing ye a service simply for that!"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:33:57 pm by Lenglon »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »

Name = Rune
Gender = Masculine!
Appearance = A tall, slim man, such a horrendous sight to a Mk1! However a true Mk2 Could surely see below the cloak and know the troubled man within!
Attributes:each point in an attribute gives +1 to that type of die roll, starting from a -5 for having 0 points in a stat. average humans have a 4 in all stats.
str = 4
spd = 4
agi = 2
tou = 2
per = 6
will = 6
Skills:
A man who is good at hacking the more advanced mechanical contraptions, and jamming the other ones! What with, you ask? Usually a rock. If he particularly hates the person he may stuff a good stick of explosives in it, though!
Abilities:
He can phase in and out of sight- Only a truly trained Mk4 eyeball could seem him when he does it! That was a joke... He's invisible to everything! He can't do it for long, though. And it hurts. Alot.
Inventory:
A classy umbrella that doubles into miniature helicopter blades, a small cell phone (Missing a sim card, Bah!), a stick of ye old dynamite, a couple pebbles, and a pistol. Mebbe a couple rounds.
Put me on ye olde waitlist.
-Not gonna be notifying of this topic, so PM me when I hop in.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2013, 05:46:13 pm »

((Fair enough, just give me a bit a nduge when it's getting in the way, I can be oblivious to those things sometimes))

Even though he was just playing a part up until now, this makes Renard explode

"No shame? NO SHAME?! I have every right ot talk about the weight of your soul, seeing as you're obviously so oblivious to how ill the favour of the gods towards you is! What would you know about the state of your soul? are you a priest like me? Have you dedicated your life in the service of the higher powers? Have you fought and bled with total strangers in the name of Krestor, have you even done your duty to give praise to Krak and Chang for all the good fortunes this road and its travellers have brought you?!" Renards puts on his most vicious glare "Frankly, I suspect you not to even be a true believer, Talking to a ordained priest like this, you disgust me."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33