Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58343 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 1)
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 08:47:36 am »

Munching on a piece of bread while eating his soup, Renard looks up as one of his "companions" speaks.

"Well now, that's the spirit. Here's to adventure and riches for us all. And before I forget..."

He quickly takes another cup and fills it, setting it aside on the table. He holds up his index and middle finger, close together, the sign of the dagger.

"A glass poured to air, for absent friends, never forgotten."

He then returns to his soup.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:49:57 am by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2013, 08:58:14 am »

Very well, then - check our resources. Most notably money and stuff.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2013, 09:15:12 am »

((How rich are you? and how much of that wealth did you decide to carry with you?
I'm serious, you can be as wealthy at character creation as you want your character to start as.
Money is just another form of power after all.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:15 am »

((How rich are you? and how much of that wealth did you decide to carry with you?
I'm serious, you can be as wealthy at character creation as you want your character to start as.
((Well I'm a hobo.))

"A'ybody ere gots sum chaaaaange? I needsta...I needsit ta buy ther booze"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2013, 11:02:45 am »

((Well I'm a hobo.))

Renard looked up from his meal once again.

"Not me, I'm afraid. I dumped all of my money into the sea when I left home."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »

"Oh dear. I just realized something. I do not actually have any money, it seems. How dreadful."

Realize I have no money. Wonder if the others do.

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2013, 01:01:43 pm »

Waitlist!

Spoiler:  Senith Solstice (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2013, 01:43:01 pm »

I need to establish how much money is worth don't I?
1 Platinum = 7 gold
1 gold = 20 silver = 12 electrum
1 silver = 20 copper
1 electrum = 33 copper (you lose 1/3 a copper in the conversion because electrum is a PITA)

as for actual value, a night at a normal inn, nothing fancy, is about 1 silver, a meal is about 3 copper. all values are + or - depending on location and quality and so on.

I'll add this to the op when I'm not in a hurry.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2013, 01:52:32 pm »

((Was tempted to make an egg as my character and luck decide what I'd be born as XD. PTW))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2013, 04:46:32 pm »

"Detritus..." Merik growled sideways, refusing to directly address the ragged man. His condition made a comparatively simple act like getting up in time for breakfast difficult, and the change always left him ill-tempered. Of course, everything left Merik in an ill temperament.

Hammerspace 10 electrum pieces to my funds. See if the inn sells any dried foods.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2013, 04:51:58 pm »

"Well, if yer looking for hardtack, that'll jus' be a copper a piece. course the stuff's hard as a rock, so I hope you've got the stomach for it. If you want something a bit more edible, I've got some bread, three coppers a loaf, got some dried fruits for bout eight coppers a piece, an I got a wheel or two of cheese, but those are gonna be a silver apiece."

((technically this isn't an inn, it's a messenger station. it isn't as nice but it's still pretty decent, secure, and still open. unlike the nearby inns.))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:54:53 pm by Lenglon »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2013, 04:53:24 pm »

Renard stand up from the table, having finished his meal, and walks up to the innkeeper.

"excuse me my good man, do you have any weapons of the ranged variety?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2013, 04:57:17 pm »

"Yeeesssss, but good weapons are hard to find. you sure you're good for it?"

((prices on good weapons are measured in gold - a good weapon is often worth a year's pay to caravan guards and suchlike.))

((also, messenger station, not an inn.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »

"My dear man, I am a priest, here on a holy mission. I've come to purge the wretched undead from that city, so that the good people who rely on it for trade can come once more. I mean to restore this road to its former glory, rather than the deshivelled shell it is right now."

He leans a bit closer to the man.

"To be honest, getting this far has drained me of much, a great deal of my funds included, surely you have a piece behind the counter you wouldn't mind borrowing to warrior of justice such as myself. Or at the very least offer me a reasonable price."

Attempt to convince the good innkeeper messenger station guy

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2013, 05:09:23 pm »

??:2
the station master looks you over, up, then down, then up again, then slowly says.
"I don't see the symbol of your god anywhere on ye, what kind of priest did you say were again?"
((edit: forgot to include the roll))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:11:56 pm by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33