Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48868 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #315 on: March 03, 2014, 03:54:59 pm »

((Shameless bump))

"So, any of you coming with me? I need to know right now, cause it might not be easy getting out of town in a day or two if things keep going like this."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #316 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:42 pm »

I'd reply to this but there's not much I can do besides have radio get up and buy himself a burger. Everyone is just talking to each other, theres no actions for me to undertake!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2014, 06:46:04 pm »

I'd reply to this but there's not much I can do besides have radio get up and buy himself a burger. Everyone is just talking to each other, theres no actions for me to undertake!

Well, once Kri and Pyro answer Rico will be able to do stuff again, but for now he's stuck in that little social gathering. Like Christmas all over again, goddamn  :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2014, 08:31:24 pm »

You could have the doctor do more creepy shit to me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #319 on: March 05, 2014, 12:50:17 am »

You could have the doctor do more creepy shit to me.
Ah, thats true.

I cringe away from the rather disturbing sight reflexively. Then I begin talking, looking away from it.

Actually, I've read the Hippocratic Oath at one point. Figured I might as well. It says that you'll never bring your patients harm. Now, killing them is what I'd call harm. What is it that's so dire it caused you all to break your oaths?

"Harm is subjective, Boy." The doctor says, standing up and walking toward the bars, an obviously broken ankle crunching with every step. "We cleave limbs so that the man may live. We irradiate healthy flesh to kill the tumors it hides. We inject sickness to sure up the body's defenses. Harm is in the total. A deficit of good. And what we bring them now is nothing if not a mercy.

There is a message in our flesh. In mine and in yours. Written in our very bones and sinew. It tells of their coming, and of what shall happen when they come. You are safe on an island of precious little knowledge in a great sea of ignorance. You can not see the warning."

He begins banging his head against the bars, blood running down his face and into wide, unblinking eyes.

"So you shall burn."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 05, 2014, 12:55:48 am »

And what exactly will happen when they come, whoever they are? Who are they?
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2014, 02:12:14 am »

(( Yay distractions! ))

"Hmm. Way things seem now, I reckon I'll be skipping town next thing tomorrow. Gonna leave early to. You're all welcome to join me. Oh, and we could decide on a radio channel to use, I've got a walkie in the truck."

Hm. I'm going to try and stick around. Try and do something good before I go, if society can hold itself together that long. Or see if I can find out what's happening. Get me a frequency for that radio later and we can set that up. Where are you staying tonight? I can try and get nearby, in case something sends your plan awry in the morning.

(( In the interest of speed :P ))

Assuming nothing changes, gather info, get a radio compatible with RC's, refuel the van, then park and get a room at the same motel RC is at.

Do one last check for info on the internet before bed.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2014, 04:00:48 pm »

(( Yay distractions! ))

"Hmm. Way things seem now, I reckon I'll be skipping town next thing tomorrow. Gonna leave early to. You're all welcome to join me. Oh, and we could decide on a radio channel to use, I've got a walkie in the truck."

Hm. I'm going to try and stick around. Try and do something good before I go, if society can hold itself together that long. Or see if I can find out what's happening. Get me a frequency for that radio later and we can set that up. Where are you staying tonight? I can try and get nearby, in case something sends your plan awry in the morning.

Assuming nothing changes, gather info, get a radio compatible with RC's, refuel the van, then park and get a room at the same motel RC is at.

Well, then I guess this meeting is adjourned. See ya'll later, hopefully.

Go to motel, get in bed. set a alarm clock real early, like 4 AM early.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2014, 11:57:12 pm »

I've found out what I came here for, then: You know no more than I do. I'm staying. If either of you gets new information, you have my cell number.

Samuel returns home and beds down for the night - with his revolver, loaded but uncocked, on his nightstand, next to the alarm set for 0430.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #324 on: March 17, 2014, 01:41:10 pm »

And what exactly will happen when they come, whoever they are? Who are they?
The man doesn't seem intent on telling you anymore. In fact, All he seems intent to do is bash his skull against the bars of his cell and make rather horrible gurgling noises as blood drains down into his nose and mouth.

(( Yay distractions! ))

So I assume that means you want to get a radio transmitter to talk to him with? Since, you know, radios don't transmit to each other normally, you need some sort of transmitting device.

I've found out what I came here for, then: You know no more than I do. I'm staying. If either of you gets new information, you have my cell number.

Samuel returns home and beds down for the night - with his revolver, loaded but uncocked, on his nightstand, next to the alarm set for 0430.
Good good. Soon we can start on the next day. It may go...slightly faster now that I'm compressing events and time for the sake of this not taking years.

I think We just need confirmation on that radio transmitter and then Xan and Radio to figure out what they want to do, if anything, before bed.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 17, 2014, 01:45:22 pm »

I think We just need confirmation on that radio transmitter and then Xan and Radio to figure out what they want to do, if anything, before bed.

(( Yay distractions! ))

Well, then I guess this meeting is adjourned. See ya'll later, hopefully.

Go to motel, get in bed. set a alarm clock real early, like 4 AM early.

Ahem.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2014, 02:40:40 pm »

Yes, I mean a transmitter.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #327 on: March 24, 2014, 06:44:04 pm »

Alright, consider that transmitter bought. Lets move on to the second day.

Toaster:
Sleep comes with some degree of difficulty, and you drift through the night half conscious, terrible dreams gnawing on the edge of your mind. Half glimpsed horrors and terrible dread, a feeling of something crushing down upon you and a distant sound you can never quite tell if you're hearing or imagining. A cold, hollow hiss or wail, slowly growing closer.  You wake up in the early morning, 5 am by the clock. It should still be dark, but you can see reddish light coming from outside. Somewhere in the distance is the sound of sirens and an indistinct murmur of yelling.

Pyro:
You sleep quite well, all things considered, and wake up when your alarm goes off. At first, you think you must have set it for the wrong time, or slept through the earlier rings, since the brilliant crimson of sunrise is already boiling through your open windows. But the clock is right; it's the sky thats wrong. There is no sun, just a low moon near the horizon and faint stars lost in a sky turned strangely red and luminous. Black pillars of smoke rise into the discolored sky; buildings below yours, scattered about the visible city and suburbs, are burning. Far too many and too scattered to be an accident. Rolling through the streets a few blocks away, you can make out what looks like a tank or apc of some sort.

RC and Kri:
The sleep that comes, troubled and restless, lasts only a few hours. The LCD clock in your rooms (Which are connected, by the way) reads 3:35 when you're both awakened by something. A loud crashing noise from several doors down, to the right of your rooms. It sounds like wood splintering. You sit in the dark and listen. You hear it again, this time mixed with the sound of metal ringing as it strikes something hard. You hear heavy boots and heavier, seemingly obstructed or labored breathing, mixed with the sound of a powerful motor idling. A faint red glow leaks in from the closed venetian blinds and casts harsh red gashes across the darkened room.

Xan:
I'm throwing you back in bed at home. If you have any problems with that, pm me and we'll work out your actions through pm's real quick. If not, Assume you had a similar awakening as pyro, since you're in the same building and all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 24, 2014, 06:48:02 pm »

((No problem, considering I'd honestly kinda forgot this game was a thing with the drama in ER.))
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 24, 2014, 07:43:41 pm »

Shit... sounds like it's time to leave.

Knock lightly on the connected door and unlock it, then carefully check out the blinds.

(( Going to assume I went to bed dressed. Seems like the thing to do :P

Also, look what you've done, Xan! :P ))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37