Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48768 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #330 on: March 24, 2014, 09:13:21 pm »

What in the blazes is going on out there‽

Samuel hurriedly dresses himself, then spends a few moments looking out the window for any further indication of what's going on.

He then turns to whatever news source might be available - something like this surely wouldn't go unreported for long.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:18:44 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 24, 2014, 09:32:09 pm »

Hmmph.  Too damned early.

Brian wasn't much for rising early, but it looks like this was the end of sleep, for now.  Odd sounds in the distance... should he peek?  Should he hide?  Better not turn on a light yet, anyway.

Peek outside.  If I can't see anything, get a quick breakfast without turning on any lights.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 25, 2014, 12:20:03 pm »

Quickly get dressed. Grab machete (which I snuck into the room the night before, I hope?) and silently knock on [kri's char]'s door. Or open my door if he knocks first.

"Hey man, I think it's mighty time we get outta here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:48:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2014, 07:36:24 pm »

XAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 26, 2014, 07:42:58 pm »

Waking up to a sight like this wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind when I went to sleep last night.
Then again I never wanted those dreams that haunt even my nightmares, but they intrude nonetheless.
Really, the only word I can think of is 'FUCK.'

Get dressed, find weapon/improvised weapon. I forget if I have a pistol or not.
Check the news to find out what the fuck happened.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:29 pm »

Shit... sounds like it's time to leave.

Knock lightly on the connected door and unlock it, then carefully check out the blinds.

(( Going to assume I went to bed dressed. Seems like the thing to do :P

Also, look what you've done, Xan! :P ))

Quickly get dressed. Grab machete (which I snuck into the room the night before, I hope?) and silently knock on [kri's char]'s door. Or open my door if he knocks first.

"Hey man, I think it's mighty time we get outta here.
Thomas slips quietly out of bed, still wearing the now rumpled and sweat smelling suit. He crawls to the door adjoining door and quietly knocks on it until Rico opens it, holding a raised machete in his other hand. He slowly lowers it and looks back out toward his front door and window. Together, both men very quietly slink over to the window and peek out through the blinds. The sky outside is red, stained with pillars of black smoke. In the parking lot of the hotel sits a firetruck, parked diagonally across six spaces, and clearly having run straight into someone's car. The windshield is broken and the emergency lights flicker erratically, damaged to the point of being barely functional. The entire vehicle looks like it's seen more then it's fair share of accidents sideswipes into buildings. Neither can see far enough to the side to tell whats going on several doors down, but they can smell smoke and hear the sound of a scream that abruptly becomes a gurgle and then nothing amidst a series of heavy thudding noises.

What in the blazes is going on out there‽

Samuel hurriedly dresses himself, then spends a few moments looking out the window for any further indication of what's going on.

He then turns to whatever news source might be available - something like this surely wouldn't go unreported for long.
You quickly get yourself dressed in whatever clothing you have laying around, picking up your handgun at the same time, if only for the reassuring weight in your hand. You go over to the window and lean against it, looking down on the dense downtown streets below. The fires seem more concentrated in the distant suburbs and inner city then your side of town, but they're slowly spreading, by the look of it. The APC you saw earlier, or maybe just a similar looking one, is driving down the center of the now deserted streets. There's a man standing half out of a hatch on top of the vehicle with a bullhorn in his hand. You can't hear what he's saying, but he seems to be shouting it at the area in general, rather then anywhere specific. The more you look, the more you can see national guardsmen, sometimes in pairs, sometimes in larger groups, moving amongst the streets. Some are running, carrying what look like fire extinguishers, while others are carrying what are clearly rifles and seem to be patrolling.

You walk to the living room and turn on the television. The same thing is playing on loop on every channel: some sort of announcement being made by an official looking man at a podium.

"...Citizens are urged to remain indoors if possible. Do not open your door to anyone you do not know unless they are part of the National Guard or the police forces. Martial Law has been declared and a curfew is in effect, starting at 5pm this evening. If your building or another building near you is on fire, call 911 and select police assistance. Do NOT select Fire and Rescue. These options have been shut off as of 3 Am this morning. We urge you to stay calm and do not panic..."

Hmmph.  Too damned early.

Brian wasn't much for rising early, but it looks like this was the end of sleep, for now.  Odd sounds in the distance... should he peek?  Should he hide?  Better not turn on a light yet, anyway.

Peek outside.  If I can't see anything, get a quick breakfast without turning on any lights.

Groggily, you get out of bed and walk to your living room so you can peak through the curtains of the front window. As it turns out, there is something going on outside. One of the houses across from you on the other side of the street is on fire, its shape completely lost within the flame and smoke. And it looks like the fire has already started to spread to the neighboring homes. You just sort of stand there for a moment, bare feet cold on the entrance way tile. You wonder, distantly, if you should call someone, or try to go help.

Waking up to a sight like this wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind when I went to sleep last night.
Then again I never wanted those dreams that haunt even my nightmares, but they intrude nonetheless.
Really, the only word I can think of is 'FUCK.'

Get dressed, find weapon/improvised weapon. I forget if I have a pistol or not.
Check the news to find out what the fuck happened.

You get out of bed and quickly get dressed in whatever clothing you can find, throwing on an odd combo of jeans, poloshirt and flannel long sleeve jacket. You grab your telescoping baton and the sturdiest looking knife in your kitchen before sitting down on the sofa and turning on the television. The same thing is playing on loop on every channel: some sort of announcement being made by an official looking man at a podium.

"...Citizens are urged to remain indoors if possible. Do not open your door to anyone you do not know unless they are part of the National Guard or the police forces. Martial Law has been declared and a curfew is in effect, starting at 5pm this evening. If your building or another building near you is on fire, call 911 and select police assistance. Do NOT select Fire and Rescue. These options have been shut off as of 3 Am this morning. We urge you to stay calm and do not panic..."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2014, 07:57:34 pm »

"Smoke... Not good. We should search for the fire exit, if we can get to our car we can get the hell out of here." Rico whispered to Thomas.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 28, 2014, 02:24:27 am »

Agreed... that fire truck looks beat to hell. No way a sane man drove that. Think whatever this is claimed them next?

Thomas glanced back at the entrance.

Cause if it has, then I think that's a pair of firemen breaking in and smashing skulls. In which case, we need to run. Now. And hope they can't catch us wearing all their fire gear.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 28, 2014, 07:46:46 am »

Fire... shit.  The fire in his dream... was this all what was going to happen next?  He should probably call for help, at least.

Call 911 to report the fire, then go outside to see if there's anyone who needs help.

Brian was torn between staying inside and hiding or getting help, but he couldn't just leave his neighbors to burn- plus, if it came to his own house...

((Don't you love it when the logical IC action is the totally wrong one from OOC knowledge?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 28, 2014, 11:39:07 am »

Agreed... that fire truck looks beat to hell. No way a sane man drove that. Think whatever this is claimed them next?

Thomas glanced back at the entrance.

Cause if it has, then I think that's a pair of firemen breaking in and smashing skulls. In which case, we need to run. Now. And hope they can't catch us wearing all their fire gear.

"I have no idea who they are or what is happening, and boy do I ever not give a damn. On a scale of one to ten: fuck it let's blow this joint."

Peek outside the door till I can see the firemen. Wait until the nearest one is inside a room, then go out and quietly try to reach the stairs. If spotted, make a run for it. If way blocked, machete time. See if I can reach my car.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:10:16 pm by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #340 on: March 28, 2014, 02:58:27 pm »

Alright, you'd know this in character and it will save us some time so.

Your hotel kinda looks like this:

You and kri are in a room about halfway between the end of the second story walkway and the stairs down to ground level. Your unknown "friends" are somewhere past the stairway, judging from what you can hear, but near it. There aren't any fire escapes or back ways out, unless you count a window down from the second story in the back of the room, which you might.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »

(( Thanks, cause I think pretty much everything going through my head was 'I can't really make an action until I know where our room is in the motel' ))

Yeah, let's go.

Find something blunt and heavy, make a run for it behind Rico

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2014, 05:13:46 pm »

Ah, fuck me.

Peer through the little eyehole on the door to make sure no gribblies are outside. Go around and check up on the people in the apartments next to mine, see if they're hurt or anything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #343 on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:03 am »

CALLING MAJOR PYRO. YOUR SERVICES ARE REQUIRED.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 31, 2014, 10:28:19 pm »

Samuel puts the gun back, he doesn't even know why he picked it up. Reflex, must be.

Then he goes online, looking for any other news beyond the televised (and presumably looping) message of the declaration of martial law.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37