Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If we make a sequel should I let humans make steel in it?

Yes.
- 16 (80%)
No.
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53

Author Topic: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress - (Players needed!)  (Read 98649 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedstreams: Human Fortress
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2013, 11:53:49 am »

Was flicking through the RAWs and apparently I managed to spell sergeant wrong in the entity files.

I'm also a touch annoyed that we've had enough time for a turn but we've had one absentee governor and their intended successor is busy. So much potential progress wasted, so much time that could have been used to build an extravagant statue of Armok in his human worshipped form of an iron armoured angel with golden wings and a sword of obsidian...
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2013, 12:14:39 pm »

Was flicking through the RAWs and apparently I managed to spell sergeant wrong in the entity files.

I'm also a touch annoyed that we've had enough time for a turn but we've had one absentee governor and their intended successor is busy. So much potential progress wasted, so much time that could have been used to build an extravagant statue of Armok in his human worshipped form of an iron armoured angel with golden wings and a sword of obsidian...
I'm so sorry! I'm just finishing up volcanic musical chairs and then I'm gonna get cracking on this. I finished necrothreat, so I might be able to do two turns in one go, provided I don't mix them up
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2013, 12:31:43 pm »

I'm not annoyed with you Highmax, slightly annoyed at Dwarvinator for signing up for a turn then not being around to play it, or telling me that they weren't up for the turn.

I understand that you had prior turn obligations to perform and I appreciate that you didn't skip on them to come play this game. It shows you have integrity and a commitment to your forts. I remember back when I played WoW we could have done with a few people more dedicated to group efforts and obligations.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2013, 01:34:19 pm »

I'm not annoyed with you Highmax, slightly annoyed at Dwarvinator for signing up for a turn then not being around to play it, or telling me that they weren't up for the turn.

I understand that you had prior turn obligations to perform and I appreciate that you didn't skip on them to come play this game. It shows you have integrity and a commitment to your forts. I remember back when I played WoW we could have done with a few people more dedicated to group efforts and obligations.
Mostly the issue I'm having is reality coming in (or in this case, my mother) constantly getting me off DF to go help her do trivial things, like plug in a USB into the laptop, putting files on said USB and then doing everything for them. Driving them places also included >:(

Why they don't do this themselves is beyond me... It really sucks because I got lots of deadlines with DF at this time... Not fun at all*flips table in frustration*

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »

Mostly the issue I'm having is reality coming in (or in this case, my mother) constantly getting me off DF to go help her do trivial things, like plug in a USB into the laptop, putting files on said USB and then doing everything for them. Driving them places also included >:(

Why they don't do this themselves is beyond me... It really sucks because I got lots of deadlines with DF at this time... Not fun at all*flips table in frustration*

I remember a line we used to use in WoW a lot within my guild. Real life come first. Always struck me as a good way to consider games played with other people. What got annoying was not doing raids because 2 people wouldn't be able to make it and people thought it was unfair to exclude them.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2013, 04:59:17 pm »

You can do it max, DONT GIVE UP

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2013, 05:40:03 pm »

It occurs to me, your mother is making you do unnecessary tasks... Things she could probably do herself.... Go out of your way to help her with stuff...

Highmax, I fear your mother may be a [NOBLE].
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2013, 08:43:14 pm »

I fear she may be one too...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2013, 10:18:20 pm »

REJOICE! I begin my turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I must say though, after being in two fortresses where bodies are a problem, I freak out as soon as I see the damn refuse pile outside :o :-[
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:31:16 pm by highmax28 »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2013, 10:27:19 pm »

Hmm, I should mod in a minstrel position to ritually slaughter in tribute to that film.  :P

Good luck Highmax. If you want to put yourself in the military remember the bug that affects you. Any squad you get put in needs to be managed with the Highmax Protocol. Oh, and if you get the first childbirth in your year I'm putting it in the OP to commemorate the occasion.

With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »

Hmm, I should mod in a minstrel position to ritually slaughter in tribute to that film.  :P

Good luck Highmax. If you want to put yourself in the military remember the bug that affects you. Any squad you get put in needs to be managed with the Highmax Protocol. Oh, and if you get the first childbirth in your year I'm putting it in the OP to commemorate the occasion.

Karkov, get the history books ready, I'M BRINGING BACK THE MINGLING SESSIONS!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 20, 2013, 12:08:58 am »

1st of Granite, 194: Highmax's Ascension To Overseer ((Lordship?))
Its been forever since I've written in a journal. I only recall doing so when I was little and forgot much. I'm now Thirty Five years old and a master at my art of wood-cutting. I never needed a journal as I grew older. One thing I know is I always find the quickest way to do things, making less work for myself. I was chosen for the position of Lordship ((OOC: Using this term instead of "Overseer", because we're humans, not dwarves!)) for my decision making and good work skills. I'm not a fan of being Lord since I'm not too fond of Authority and Tradition. Regardless, I will take over this and make it easy for all of us. First things first, is we must have the next generation begin, and that means we need marriages. I'm already planning on working this out as soon as I can. However, this will cut into production greatly. Therefore, we are selecting only two for this endeavor. I will be drawing two random people out of the entire population of 19, one male, one female. They will "mingle" and hopefully marry at the end of the session. They will be locked in the tavern as everyone else begins to work, with ohpes they don't get distracted. There will be an eventual placement for them where they will be relocated to so they can "mingle" in peace. I like to call this "mingling" sessions. Think of it as a form of speed dating. Well, the names are drawn, and it is...

Myself and the chief physician... Wonderful...

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 20, 2013, 02:06:55 am »

Time to do your duty for the human race  :P

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2013, 05:07:33 pm »

I prefer the term Governor as a way to refer to overseers.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 20, 2013, 05:10:31 pm »

I just see it a race neutral term.