Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: In the Blood. [RPG: Started at last!]  (Read 10803 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: In the Blood. [RPG: Started at last!]
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »

"Dunno, man. Sometimes you've just got to see what fortune has in store for you."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2013, 03:44:31 pm »

"Man. That's profound mate. Profoundly stupid. Still. I like the kidnapping idea. Lets hit a blood bank, but instead of just ransacking it and drawing so much attention, we can try to find a list of Donors, then we will have our own little personal snack list that won't go bad and won't draw all eyes in the god damn city to us."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2013, 03:45:33 pm »

"Man. That's profound mate. Profoundly stupid.
((That made me laugh a bit.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2013, 03:48:01 pm »

((Hey, I'm the smooth talker, not the plan guy.))

"W-well sounds like a plan, I guess. Make s-sure to do this quietly, though. I sure don't want the cops after us, and I want a bloody mess even less."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »

((Hey, I'm the smooth talker, not the plan guy.))

((We're going to totally be fine with my one intelligence. Don't worry.))

"Hum? You think I should grab someone?" Arthur takes out his knife and starts flipping it back and fourth "Yeah. I could do that. Although you're the conman aren't you? I I wonder what could get what we want faster, your tongue or my knife. Wanta have a contest?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2013, 04:07:24 pm »

Rick took a deep inhalation, feeling the smoke fill his lungs. A plume of grey bloomed as he breathed out.
"Healthy? Yeah, it was fine. Knew her before I went to prison. Didn't have a long sentence so she waited. She was always kind of a jealous person, yeah? Kind of suspicious if she thought another lady was paying me too much attention. She had a good heart though. She was tall as well. Coulda been a athlete if she'd wanted, was a doctor instead. Never was sure how she ended up with someone like me.

I don't think that's what happened to my brother. He was a uniform guy - first police and then army. Parachute regiment. Never did like me much. Thought I could be better than I was, and maybe he was right. Not surprised he didn't tell me anything about where he went. He'd 'ave finished his term of service while I was in jail. Course, you know that stuff about him. You never told me much about your missing girl, either. She was like you, yeah? Secret service sort a thing.
"

Harry nods. Old memories shuffle behind his eyes.

"When I was in the IOD she was my partner. First in a strictly professional sense, and later...the rest of the way."

A small smile flutters across his features, little more than a pained spasm.

Her eyes. Sapphire blues. Noble, strong and somehow strange-but utterly intoxicating, like falling into a deep well of cold water. They were glinting in the reflected firelight. Below that her mouth, a perfect dimpled chin curled into a smile. Every part of her he remembers, even now.

He shakes his head.

"...Then, the trouble hit it's peak-the department was restructured, and we were out...and, we both agreed it was safer if we went our separate ways. Figured we'd cover more ground, so to speak. And neither of us, I think, could rest easy at night knowing everything that was going on. Wish I'd have had a few years of peace, though. We could have made something of it."

He looks out the window again.

"Damn vamps...

Anyway, you know the last part. She gave me a call-said she was onto something big, no details. Said she might go dark for awhile, not to come after her unless she didn't get back to me after a certain time. Of course I was on the first plane. Now, I can't find her...which, admittedly, is a specialty of our profession. It's past time, now. I got a bad feeling. I need...I have to make sure she's alright."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2013, 04:08:13 pm »

Jimmy flashes his winning smile.

"That sounds like a challenge, brother. St-start now?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2013, 05:00:20 pm »

Harry nods. Old memories shuffle behind his eyes.

"When I was in the IOD she was my partner. First in a strictly professional sense, and later...the rest of the way."

A small smile flutters across his features, little more than a pained spasm.

Her eyes. Sapphire blues. Noble, strong and somehow strange-but utterly intoxicating, like falling into a deep well of cold water. They were glinting in the reflected firelight. Below that her mouth, a perfect dimpled chin curled into a smile. Every part of her he remembers, even now.

He shakes his head.

"...Then, the trouble hit it's peak-the department was restructured, and we were out...and, we both agreed it was safer if we went our separate ways. Figured we'd cover more ground, so to speak. And neither of us, I think, could rest easy at night knowing everything that was going on. Wish I'd have had a few years of peace, though. We could have made something of it."

He looks out the window again.

"Damn vamps...

Anyway, you know the last part. She gave me a call-said she was onto something big, no details. Said she might go dark for awhile, not to come after her unless she didn't get back to me after a certain time. Of course I was on the first plane. Now, I can't find her...which, admittedly, is a specialty of our profession. It's past time, now. I got a bad feeling. I need...I have to make sure she's alright."

He tapped ash from his cigarette out the window and watched the ash drift away into the rain. There was a moment of silence between the two men, both thinking of the women they'd lost; one physically, the other spiritually.
"We couldn't find a trace last time. I'm not hopeful of finding anything new. If anything the trail's got colder."
He leaned back, the smokestick just a stub dangling from the corner of his mouth. Ash dropped onto his tattered hoody, and he brushed it off without thinking.
"No harm in trying again, and I guess it's best to keep movin' about. She might think I've gone north, but she's getting clever to my tricks."
He grinned humourlessly. "Maybe i'll wake up tomorrow with her in here and your throat cut as well. Got another smoke?"

((That 0 charm at work, ladies/gentlemen/lentlemadies.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2013, 12:17:27 am »

"Hey, I'm a trained government agent-I've got years of experience. I could probably get out a scream at least." He deadpans, also showcasing his 0 charm.

He taps out another smoke, suddenly glad he quit. It took willpower. It wasn't easy. But dealing with the vamps...he just wanted to be clean. Nicotine wasn't much compared to Blood, but...it was a symbolic choice. He remembers Veronica's hand on his shoulder then-small, delicate, but strong. The only thing that seemed to slow his heart when the urges came on.

It's that memory that seems to shake off the fugue he's on. Memories wash away. When he looks back at Rick, his eyes are cold as ice chips and his face impassive and ready for anything.

"No harm in trying, though. Question is-do we want to deal with your girl problems first, or get on with the case and hope she doesn't find us until we're done? I don't like leaving someone on my backtrail, but, we might not have a choice. Every day we lose is another day we might not ever find who we're looking for again. Does us no good, however, if we're gutted from behind while doing so."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2013, 07:11:48 am »

"Think we should trying finding them first. I ain't much for a stand up fight, you know. Just wanna keep away from that shit."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2013, 07:42:52 am »

"It'd be less a stand up fight than you'd think, but I get that

We'll just have to keep you under cover. Get you cleaned up-'the guy had a cut on his face' is pretty damning evidence if you're looking for a specific person. Might also consider a haircut and a change of your usual style of clothes. Helps more than you think-and this woman already knows the size of your underwear. I trust you've dumped your cards and cellphone, right? I don't want to give her too much credit, but if she lose your scent she may have hired someone like me, ironically enough, to help you track you down. Your trail is more than the smell you leave behind...

But, all that comes in the morning. For now, tend to face, and get a warm shower. I'll order up dinner. Then a nights sleep. We'll start again in the morning."

Harry runs a hand through his hair, picking up a few greys though he's unaware of this.

"I'll look into ghosting you, so you can walk around in the sunlight without worrying she's going to jump at you from some rooftop. Make some calls. Don't worry, it'll all go on the expense account...heh.

Just get some rest, friend. Guest room hasn't been used in, ever, I think. Just fold out the bed and turn on the magic fingers and you'll be fine."
He says with a wry smile, turning to his business.

Action: Harry will spend some of the night trying to fashion up a false identity for Rick using his contacts, to better hide his trail from psychovamp ex crazylady.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2013, 12:41:13 pm »

"Left my phone and any cards I had back at John's. This hoodies good and baggy, covers the stab jacket I got. That's be a giveaway. And hair-wise, " he ran a hand through the short stubble on his head "...not much left to change there, I think. Always did keep it short.

And with that expense account... hope you don't charge too much interest. Heh.
"

Eat, sleep in guest room.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2013, 02:54:53 pm »

Harry nods.

"Don't worry about the bill." He comments. "Healthy Donors are going for 50K live on the black market these days." Harry says, hiding a dour grin.

---

Rick will find that the guest room is tidy, if mostly unused. A fan spins lazily, and shadows dominate-the windows are tinted out.

Judging by the state, if Rick choose to investigate, he will find a little evidence of previous occupants that were perhaps like himself-old business magazines under the bed, a well leafed bible in a corner table, short orange cat hair on the comforter, even a silky black thong lying in a lonely corner of the closet.

A made bed and a broken tv-a few cabinets with old documents, and a desk strewn with files and notes, which he might peruse.

Spoiler: Anti-Vamp Measures? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IOD Charter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My resignation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subject R.D (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scrap of old paper (click to show/hide)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2013, 09:11:37 pm »

Carter sighed, 'what a mess' he thought to himself 'just like the rest of this city. As usual we don't even...wait what was that?'

"Hey there's a girl here!" Carter called after his departing friends. He stooped down and speaks to her loudly in the hope of figuring out if she's conscious. "Miss, Miss can you hear me, what's your name?"

Randolph Carter: Looks at her other hand and nearby to see if she still has the knife she may have used to slice her wrist. If she has it and appears unconscious he takes it away then performs first aid. If she has it and is conscious he says 'Let me help you.' and performs first aid if she agrees. If no knife perform first aid anyway even against protest. If no life signs check for ID.

((How messed up is this city? Are there functioning medical services I could take her to?

Also why do I have only a Stanley knife instead of...an actual knife? I'm out kicking in doors being a vigilante while armed only with a 1 inch disposable razor blade? That would be kinda weird even if I wasn't a knife maker by trade. :o ))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2013, 11:22:02 am »

((Yeah, there are functional medical services. They may be corrupted by vamp influence however.

As for the Stanley knife i have no idea what i was thinking. As compensation, have a parang instead))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9