Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: In the Blood. [RPG: Started at last!]  (Read 10807 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: In the Blood. [RPG: Soon to start]
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2013, 12:14:19 pm »

FIRST TURN. ((Not particularly happy with this, but you've waited long enough.))

Dwarmin and Giglamesh
Rick sits in the corner of Harry’s apartment, scars clearly displaying his troubled past. His hands, gloved, rest in his lap, as he waits for the verdict. It’s a difficult choice, when a man turns up outside your window - second story, nonetheless - and begs you for shelter. His ex, Sarah, had found his last hidey hole, and tried to add yet another blemish to his flesh, and he had run out of corners to rest. So he turned to Harry. The two had worked together before, maybe they could do so again?

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Giglamesh Despair (click to show/hide)

Remuthra and Criptfeind
Arther sat, with a drop of blood on his chin, and his legs dangling over the ledge. Jimmy joined him, looking out together over the city from the third floor of the multistory. The latest buzz had worn off for both of them and their trip to the nearest blood bank had been interrupted by a gang of figures appearing at the door. They were armed, and heavily enough to cause the two vamps to flee. Some nights you win, and a rare few you lose. Now they sat in silence, pondering their next moves.

Spoiler: Remuthra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Joben
Randolph had been at the head of the mob as he opened up the trap. The door flew open, to reveal a gaping fire escape and a ravaged blood bank, with two vamps crouching in the mess. At the sight of the blades - and the odd muzzle - pointed at them, they had fled back out the way they came, slipping into the shadows beyond your reach. After all, they knew the mob couldn’t really touch them if they were running. The movement against the vamps was strong, but no stronger than the corruption itself., and this didn’t much help their cause.
 The knife maker was the last to leave. As he turned to follow his friends, a muffled cry came from a closet nearby. Flinging it open, there lay a girl, weary - though whether from blood loss of illness couldn’t be told. Her wrist lay open, blood pooling around her feet as she lay with her back propped up against the wall. Perhaps she was alive, perhaps not. Regardless, the wound looked self inflicted rather than the result of an attack.

Spoiler: Joben (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: In the Blood. [RPG: Started at last!]
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2013, 12:24:52 pm »

"S-so, Arthur, what're we going to do around here? Cash is running low again, and we can't very well laze about all night."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2013, 12:49:15 pm »

Rick was clearly on edge. He stared out in the drizzling rain and gloom, worry etched deeper than his scars into his face.
"Didn't wanna burden you again, mate, but I didn't have any where left to go. Left a trail going further north, but I'm broke as you can get. Got nothing left but the clothes I'm in. " He could feel the comforting weight of the stab jacket hanging on his chest. Saved his life more than once, it had. Shame it hadn't covered his face when Sarah slashed it open with a scalpel.
"I've lost all my contacts. Some of them are dead. Some are vamps. Some just plain want nothing to do with me, heard about the vamp after me."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2013, 12:53:19 pm »

Arthur wiped the drop of blood off his face, popping his finger into mouth so as to not waste the last drop.

"You're right mate. Low on cash. Low on blood. We're not doing so great are we? Need to make a big score. But how we gunna do it? Hospitals just don't got the cash... Well. Mate. I just dunno. I do know that I can't think like this. Lets focus on getting some blood first yeah? Cash shouldn't be too hard to get with some blood pumping. Nothings going to stop us if we get enough."

Arthur hopped up from his seat and looked out over the city? Wondering where to go.

((I got a few questions, although I'm not totally sure how much my character would know. Like, where are we? Not really a specific place, but just a general idea of the surrounding area? I assume a big city? How much do we know about the city? And these blood banks, are they a good place to raid for donor blood then? Or was it a rare sorta thing that me and Jimmy found one with good blood in it?))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »

Cleaning himself up with a dirty towel and casting his eyes out the window nervously, Jimmy suggests a plan of action.
"Whatever you say, old buddy. H-howsabout we run the old one-two alley gag? Get a little, erm, intelligence on the situation around here. I think I know just the place."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2013, 01:13:11 pm »

Harry nods, his plain, tired face showing a lack of surprise. This wasn't a situation he was unused to-he had helped donors before. Made his marks and been marked.

"...Don't worry about it. As far as I'm concerned, keeping my client alive to be reunited with his brother is part of the job he hired me to do. We can talk about recompense later. Assuming either of us have a later." He says, tapping a slim cigarette from his pocket, and putting it in his mouth.

He won't light it though, having quit smoking years earlier-actually on the urgings of Veronica...but still, whenever he's nervous, he likes to have some to occupy his hands. He looks out at the rain, twitching it up and down.

"So, it's this...ex, of yours right? She gave you that? Tell me everything." He says, nodding toward the scary looking cut on his face. Harry knows it was a blade of some sort, and the clean cut nature of the wound means it was something small and sharp. If he had to guess further, he'd say such a facial wound indicates extremely unhealthy obsession in the attacker toward the victim, a compulsive need to destroy the object which dominates them-but, that was just his armchair psychology.

He sits back in his chair, breathing steadily.

The rain continues to beat on the roof of the shoddy apartment. Without taking his eyes off of Rick, Harry moves a small pot sitting on the ground to catch a drip coming from the ceiling.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2013, 01:14:58 pm »

((I got a few questions, although I'm not totally sure how much my character would know. Like, where are we? Not really a specific place, but just a general idea of the surrounding area? I assume a big city? How much do we know about the city? And these blood banks, are they a good place to raid for donor blood then? Or was it a rare sorta thing that me and Jimmy found one with good blood in it?))
(( Large city. We'll assume you have a basic knowledge, such as where shops and the like are.
 More specifically, the multistory backs onto a shopping centre, and is mostly just in the shopping district. The hospital was a couple of miles away.
 As for blood banks, they have all types of blood, so it's pot luck mostly. Robbing them is pretty frowned upon, even with the corruption, although of course you won't be penalised for the intro.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2013, 01:33:31 pm »

A hand reached up to unconsciously rub the scar, the distant express on his face showing it was clearly a habit by now.
"Woke up one day, she'd got inside. Had a fucking scalpel. John - my mate - was lying on the floor. She'd cut his throat, he'd bleed out pretty much instantly. He was a donor too, but she didn't even care, just came straight for me."
He flicked a glance towards the cigerette.
"You sharin' any of those?

Anyway, she's been almost hunting me since I got out of the slammer. Got a few messages from her once I got out, but they were.. .weird. Off. So I met her, and somethin' wasn't right. So I moved back in with her for a while, my mum was dead and my brother had disappeared. I talked to his army pals, but they wouldn't or couldn't tell me where he was. All the time, Sarah was gettin' more and more odd. She'd go out at night. I saw the stuff about the leeches, and I put two and two together.

One night she went out, came back with blood dripping from her clothes. I pretended to be asleep, and when she went to bed, I legged it, with pretty much nothing on me. She'd lost me for a long time after that, why it never came up with us, but she's found her feet in hunting me down.
"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2013, 01:58:19 pm »

"This is just for my nerves. I don't light up anymore, so consider me one person who never minds have a smoke bummed off of." He says, handing the man another smoke from his pocket. He'll extend a lighter as well, if needed.

He thinks a moment.

"That's smart of you. I doubt you would have woken up, if you spent another night with her."

Harry rubs his brows.

"...Strong emotional attachment can alter the...experience of tasting certain blood types...we figured that out in the IOD. I'd say her fixation on you goes beyond psychotic. It'll be worse, if that's possible, since she's gotten a taste."

Harry has a quickflash mental picture of a woman-this woman-kneeling on the splintered floor, carefully licking drops of Rick's blood from the scalpel as if it were a holy icon. Her feral eyes widen-a flicking of emotions. Ecstasy. Shame. Hunger. He frowns, deeply.

The cigarette in his hand taps invisible ashes to a non-existent wind.

"...And, I know it's right there, but...if she knew you-figured out what you were, well, it's possible your brother was also a donor-an obvious blood relation. Which could explain his disappearance, and her hooking up with you so quickly. But, we can't know anything about that now."

Rain. Falling in silver grey curtains.

"How would you describe her before all this started? Was your relationship...healthy?" Harry asked.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2013, 03:09:35 pm »

Arthur turned his head to smile over at his twitchy friend.

"The One two alley gag? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about mate."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2013, 03:14:37 pm »

"Well, seems to me we need money and information. S-so, we find a nice alley or, ahem, other good location, and we attract someone who has some connections to give us some, erm, advice and donations. You catch my drift, mate?"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2013, 03:31:11 pm »

"Uh. Basically we mug random people until we find someone who knows somewhat we want? That seems like a pretty poor strategy to be honest Jimmy."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »

"No, we just find someone who looks like they know something and see what they tell us."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2013, 03:36:36 pm »

Arthur sighs and rubs his forehead.

"Basically kidnap someone? Sure. I mean. Sure. Why not right? But who? Maybe we can get someone who works at a blood bank and see if they have any blood for us?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »

Rick took a deep inhalation, feeling the smoke fill his lungs. A plume of grey bloomed as he breathed out.
"Healthy? Yeah, it was fine. Knew her before I went to prison. Didn't have a long sentence so she waited. She was always kind of a jealous person, yeah? Kind of suspicious if she thought another lady was paying me too much attention. She had a good heart though. She was tall as well. Coulda been a athlete if she'd wanted, was a doctor instead. Never was sure how she ended up with someone like me.

I don't think that's what happened to my brother. He was a uniform guy - first police and then army. Parachute regiment. Never did like me much. Thought I could be better than I was, and maybe he was right. Not surprised he didn't tell me anything about where he went. He'd 'ave finished his term of service while I was in jail. Course, you know that stuff about him. You never told me much about your missing girl, either. She was like you, yeah? Secret service sort a thing.
"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9