Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: In the Blood. [RPG: Started at last!]  (Read 10813 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: In the Blood. [RPG: Started at last!]
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2013, 02:17:49 pm »

Dwarmin and Giglamesh
Whilst Rick sleeps Harry works tirelessly. (14+3) He makes a number of calls to a number of contacts, and by morning there is little left of the man Rick once was. In his place sits a John Ivans, a local shop worker until the troubles hit. His boss was a donor, and killed in the ensuing chaos. John too was killed, but records have grown sparse enough now that his identity can be filled. The two men look similar enough for an ID photo, and even have similar dress habits. The scar can’t be hidden, but in these times a new wound is easily enough overlooked.
 It will take until morning for the various documents to arrive and be edited, but when they do, Rick will leave the bedroom to a new name. The old Rick is currently staying at an apartment on the other side of town. Investigators can pull on a lot of favours in a short time, and landlords are always useful.

Remuthra and Criptfeind
 (11+2+1+1) A huddled conversation between the two men leads them to the conclusion that the site of their last raid would still be a danger zone, and so they slip into the night to the second nearest hospital, another couple of miles in the opposite direction. The signs clearly show the location of the blood bank, where the lights are still on. In fact, there appears to be some sort of struggle going on inside.

Joben
The girl remains stubbornly unconscious despite your best efforts, but you do find the offending item nearby - a shattered bottle, one of the shards stained crimson, which you cast into a corner.

(12+2) Looking around, you snatch down a cable tie from a nearby shelf and form an improvised tourniquet. The bleeding slows significantly, but not completely, and the girl shows no sign of improvement. Your colleagues have already left, and don’t hear your yell. However, she should live through the night in her current position, or at least long enough for you to move her.

Spoiler: Remuthra (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Joben (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Giglamesh Despair (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2013, 01:44:33 am »

Harry had only gotten two hours of sleep, but he was up at 6 sharp, hot coffee in the pot, clean shirt and a tie-reading a newspaper. Rick's new file, or 'John Ivans' was waiting on the table.

Now to wait for his comrade to rise from the dregs of night, he thinks to himself.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2013, 02:18:20 pm »

Rick woke, still bone-tired. He hadn't slept well, and during the night had read the files as a distraction. He lumbered into the room, showing none of his normal dexterity. One hand clutching his face, he fumbled for the coffee and poured a mug. He thumped down at the table and pulled his new identity to him. He muttered an incoherent greeting to the detective.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2013, 02:43:34 pm »

Carter's mind spins out for a few seconds. 'I don't like this, it's weird. Who is she? What was she doing here? What happened to her? ...This is a bad place to be hanging around with only questions to keep you company.'

Reflexively he reaches back and tugs on the handle of his parang, popping it in and out of the modern style kydex sheath that's slung across his back. It's a nervous habit; it makes a slight pop sound as the handle slides free of the molded material and another when it goes back in. He finds it oddly comforting, like clicking a pen, but better. *pop pop pop* He secures the blade again, decision made: 'Move first, figure out later; can't leave her.'

Carter hauls the girl up into a fireman's carry on his left shoulder. "Common miss, we can't stay here."

Walk out of bloodbank, not too fast, can't get tired.

Cellphone: Harry Jones

"Harry, this is Carter. I found a girl injured in the blood bank on <location>. Unconscious. Appears to have slashed her own wrist. There were vamps in the room with her, but I didn't see them touch her. I don't understand this. I think I need to take her to <location of doctors> to get her patched up. But you know how corrupt they can be these days...if she's a donor this could end badly. I figured someone should at least know where I was...Are you busy?"

If out of blood-bank without incident: Go toward medical services. the clinic Harry suggested, look keep an eye out for followers.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:36:11 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2013, 03:50:25 pm »

"Looks like you had a rough night." Harry says, taking a long sip of coffee.

"Your new name is John Iv..."

His cellphone goes off at that moment-the ringtone sounds like The girl from Ipanema...

"One minute..."

--
He listens a moment.

@Carter:

"You know me, Carter. I'm always busy...but, I'll help if I can.

There's a little clinic on the corner of Shiron and Mulligan, in the blue building-room 17Y, 3rd floor. It's a quiet place, and they don't ask alot of questions-they only deal in hard currency. Take the girl in through the back, up the stairs. Ask for Kathryn Pettigrew, she's usually on staff this time of week. And if you don't have the cash on hand or if she's being onery, just tell her Harry will pay her back, and I owe her dinner. That usually calms her down...

And make sure you're not followed. If you think someones on your six, call me back. You got all that? I can meet you somewhere if you need me to."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2013, 04:21:31 pm »

Rick slowly clawed his way to coherence. He flicked open his new life and read it while Harry talked on the phone. When he'd finished skimming through he kicked his feet onto the table and looked directly at Harry.
"Trouble?" He scratched idly at his facial scar. "And yeah, I don't sleep well lately. Shit. Slept better in prison. What's the plan?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2013, 04:30:56 pm »

"A friend of mine found a girl injured in a blood bank. He's trying to get her some help.

Give me a moment."

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2013, 05:55:12 pm »

"Shiron and Mulligan, blue building, third floor room 17y. Sharon Pettigrew. Got it. Thanks, I owe you one. I'll be in touch."

As he rang off Carter wondered if he was being overcautious. She was probably just some poor soul who couldn't handle things anymore. Probably the slightly odd circumstances of her discovery meant nothing. Probably the public hospital would be fine. Probably no one would follow. Probably.

Carter once knew a man at the gym, a big fellow who could deadlift 250 kilos. He figured he probably wouldn't get attacked walking home at night even though he was a Donor. Figured he was probably strong enough to take care of himself if he did. He was fine through the first troubles. Then he wasn't. No one had seen Big Aaron in six months.

'Probably' was fine if it was a 5 pound bet with friends. But a lot of men made 'safe' bets with their lives and lost. The churchyards were full of them. At least those who's bodies were found. Best to be cautious. Carter looked around carefully as he headed out.

((btw, does Harry drink?))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:01:41 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2013, 12:23:38 am »

((@Joben: Surely, but not to excess. Harry is a man who has made a conscious/unconscious choice to avoid most vices in his life due to his feelings against vamps.))

"Alright. Be safe, friend."

Harry clicked the phone shut.

He turned to Rick.

"...anyway, that's one emergency averted. I've got some leads to run down today on our cases. You in? I could use an extra pair of hands."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:26:01 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2013, 04:18:20 am »

"Sure. I owe you anyway."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2013, 01:18:02 am »

((All right, at this point the 'game' starts and I'm not sure how much I or Sjm should do. Running down leads probably runs into GM plot territory? I've already finagled some points earlier, but no word on them-but, I assume a clinic could be found anywhere and the information is just window dressing.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2013, 01:54:19 am »

(( Yeah, that's all fine. Was just waiting on the vamps. 2nd PM time, I'd say. ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2013, 03:53:08 am »

((I'm going to be away or the next ~36 hours. Just assume i lurk around behind Harry or something.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2013, 03:16:12 pm »

Dwarmin and Giglamesh
 (14+1) With your contacts, tracking down anyone who isn’t a normal comes easily. One in particular gives you a name - ‘Josh Trae’ - a vamp who was involved in a the disappearances of a group of researchers a few months back. Further enquiry even gives you a place of residence, an apartment block on the edge of town about half an hours walk away. The clinic to which you directed Carter is only slightly off route, too.

Joben
 You make it to the clinic without trouble, the few people you do see quickly averting their gaze. (10+2) Your luck holds with the doctor on duty also, whose initial suspicion is overcome by the youth of the girl. The man even offers to look after her himself, and leave you to get on. There is no paperwork to fill out, and no questions asked.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2013, 04:26:10 pm »

"So we got a lead. What's the plan?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9