Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40975 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Looked a bit like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yah - not actually dwarvish at all, but it's easy to see how you could have missed that from the cover.

I've always kind of assumed that dwarf books had leather covers, mainly because it's the easiest material to find.  It's probably feasible that I just mistook wolf leather for dorf/human leather.

I just told my classmates this and half laughed and half hated because they love elves...

I feel sorry for the elf lovers...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Ah come on. Elves arent evil, they are just stuckup, confused and disgusting. And really, really big bunch of arrogant fucks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Ah come on. Elves arent evil, they are just stuckup, confused and disgusting. And really, really big bunch of arrogant fucks.

To us dorfs that means evil. Lesser evil by a fair margin, but still evil.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good point.

Although, why dont we not always be at war with them?
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aseaheru, these are NORSE elves, not LOTR elves. These are elves that hate dwarves with almost every inch of their bodies. Even the Aesir hate them (Norse gods).

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

I've noticed we've been taking a lot more of the Norse mythos into our fortress than most others do; one thing keeps popping into my head because of this:

Norse Fortress.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've noticed we've been taking a lot more of the Norse mythos into our fortress than most others do; one thing keeps popping into my head because of this:

Norse Fortress.

If that was a mod, I'd DROOL over it... ~30 minutes to vote! +3 to sealed, +0 for breaking, +1 for sealing unless the breaking the siege savescum worked without casualties

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmah. Ah well.
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like we're staying sealed. If we succeed the siege in the copy, should I make it happen?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not happening. Just tried and fire just rained down and killed us all... But we killed 80% of the Jotun, two fell into the moat and drowned, and the rest killed the rest of the dwarves by killing the doors...

GOOD CALL PEOPLE!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Well, on the upside with an extra crop of troopers on the way we know we'll be able to take them with just a few more soldiers.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4th of Hemetite, 137: Decisions and Cooked Wolf
So the decision was an obvious "STAY THE HELL INSIDE" from EVERYONE. Whatever destroyed the mountainhomes would just toss us about like a salad...

And I don't doubt that they'll eat us afterwards.

We decided to stay inside but then we smelt something burning. We looked out the hole (which filled the room with smoke) and saw the Jotun feasting on a wolf outside... One that Lord Lemonpie trained since it was a pup. Sarrak and us other soldiers decided to keep it a secret from the poor animal trainer... Especially how it was still writhing in pain when they chomped away at it. They were massive, and a few of them seemed to hurl fire at will. Others looked frostbit. A good portion had two heads. I'm still glad that we're safe in here away from those freaks.

After all, that wolf could've been us for all we know. Even with us being the greatest warriors ever, we can't defeat something about 100 times our size THAT THROWS FIREBALLS. Without the fireballs, maybe we can survive, but it is unlikely. What I'm more terrified of is that they know we are here... They know the last of the dwarves are here and we must hold out until we can kill every single Jotun that lives. I won't stop and I will make sure every generation of dwarf continues this until Jotun are dead and are a legend in stories.

On a better note, one of those war-bears gave birth to cubs. Guess who has bear cubs now? We do! Neither are female, but hopefully, the bears will give more babies until we can get a good amount of war-grizzlies to protect us all.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, on the upside with an extra crop of troopers on the way we know we'll be able to take them with just a few more soldiers.

We really only burned to death. You were first to die Splint. Then Chucker, then myself. Sarrak killed like four after we all died and then died in fire without leaving even a trace she existed.

EDIT:
if I recall, chucker brought a barrel of booze again and it exploded, killing you and wounding/setting fire to the rest of us.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:55:28 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

14th of Hemetite, 137: Son of the Bunny
Today, we were doing some cleanup jobs when the woodcutter announced she gave birth to a boy (in her horribly shrill and annoying voice). I congratulated Chucker and he made a couple happy nibbling noises and continued to spar with Sarrak. He doesn't speak much, does he?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

24th of Hemetite, 137: So much noise!
We heard a third humming in the depths today. We checked and yet another forgotten beast arrived:

I don't think that's a trunk... I think its called a bell? And getting bit by a moose was bad enough...  I'm more scared of those antlers! That thing has to be half the size of those Jotun... Maybe even pet-sized to them? Who knows? All I know are those Jotun are tall enough to actually look THOUGH that hole we have. I pray they can't swim...

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32