Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40947 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Yah, If potie dies I claim the kid.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Yah, If potie dies I claim the kid.

I'm calling your kid Pottie now. May not be a parrot, but, hey; its what his parents would've named them, right? ;D

(I swear, I keep screwing with you. I mean no harm though. And pottie sounds like a good name for him; its a mini-pot chucker after all)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Heh, yah.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

28th of Malachite, 137: The Second Daughter
Karkov's wife gave birth today... To a daughter. The fortress rejoices at the birth of the second daughter, to which Karkov holds the honor of being the father of. I'm glad for him. I'm also kind of chuckling on the inside; she may become the wife of one of my sons one day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Like his son, I'm guessing that she won't be in the army at all. Probably inside the history books as well. Speaking of which Karkov told me he found a strange book that he thinks was written by the elves or the Jotun. I asked him how he could tell, and he said he couldn't read it and those were of the few languages he didn't know. He also thinks he doomed the fortress because it apparently had strange patterns in it and pictures of evil beings. It also disappeared when the Jotun arrived... I looked at him like he was mad but he seemed dead serious. I swear, the lack of fresh air is driving us ALL mad..

((EDIT: I also found out most of our children worship the sun goddess and yet most of them have never SEEN the sun))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

15th of Galena, 137: A Battle of 3 Armies
When you thought it couldn't get any worse out there, it does... The nightwings are back with a vengeance, with a huge squad of war bears for help. I hope they aren't allied with the Jotun though... Oh, also, apparently their law giver has arrived. And it appears the Jotun are... Retreating? Perhaps we can kill the Nightwings if the Jotun don't turn around to help the Nightwings. We'll wait it out for a bit and see what happens before we decide on what we do...

((OOC: If the Jotun go away, I'm lowering the gates and Unleashing hell on the Nightwings. Even though most aren't mounted, the leader showed up. And killing the leader ends their sieges, so we'll end them quickly here, on our fields of blood and snow))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

19th of Galena, 137: The Plan
I asked Sarrak how many there were, and she gave me some scary numbers:

"More then before, Highmax. I see 80 Nightwings, 32 War Bears and 8 giant grasshoppers. That's 120 exact from what I see. No Jotun are spotted. I think we can take em!"

I debated on if we should, but that's the fortress's decision, not mine. The Jotun are gone, so we might get a break. Maybe killing the law-giver will make them think twice before they attack...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

14th of Limestone, 137: The Second War of the Nightwings
We watched the grey sky appear to us as the gates lowered. That's when I noticed something horribly wrong; we still had people moving about here. Karkov ran by me as the nightwing bear cavalry began to charge. Karkov looked about, shouting his son's name when suddenly, I saw his son run out TOWARDS the gate. The bears were mere seconds to feasting on young dwarf until he turned and ran to us as the four of us ran in to protect the lad. Karkov ran behind us, grabbed his son and ran back into the safety of the outpost, locking the door behind himself. We took out the cavalry and then charged up, and the enemy began to split off, but not to retreat. Their plan worked, for next I knew, I was chasing the law-giver alone as Sarrak, Splint and Chucker all went opposite directions of me. Sarrak charged into a horde of them, slaughtering them quickly. I chased the mounted law-giver and found myself surrounded by giant grasshoppers. The law giver laughed at me and spoke to me:

"Foolish dwarf! We're here to kill the last of you as a favor for the Jotun. I've come myself to lead these hounds. We'll crush you and your kin. We knew your technique of crushing us together. But alone... How will you fare? Get him!"

The eight mounted soldiers came at me and I let rage and my feelings of protection take over. Then, my blades lashed out, unleashing hell. I killed several Nightwings and their mounts within seconds, but the Law-giver was a tough challenge. We clashed blades, and he evened my skill. I took out his mount and wounded him. He then flew up to where I could not harm him and he swore that he would return to defeat me one day. And then he called me by name.... How did he know that? Sarrak and Chucker arrived with SPlint too, and Sarrak killed any that began to retreat at the defeat of their kin. Sarrak butchered any dying or wounded, screaming. "HOW MANY DO I HAVE TO KILL TO PROVE I AM THE GREATEST WARRIOR TO LIVE!? HOW MANY MORE OF MY KIN MUST DIE OR BE RISKED TO SHOW YOU CANNOT DESTROY US!?"

She told me later, in a more calmer voice, that she killed eighty six total to this day. I commended her for her bravery, but today, we felt thye sun shine on us... It was bittersweet, but we were grateful. When the Jotun return, we'd be hiding in our halls as before. We risked enough time out here, so we're hurrying to get back inside. I can only pray the Nightwings don't bring the Jotun back...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karkov, I think Sarrak breaks a record with 86 kills?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

So did we get their law-giver or did it escape?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So did we get their law-giver or did it escape?
Highmax and the law-giver had a stare down before they all retreated. It was like 5 minutes of just standing there while everyone else fled or got butchered

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It won't end the sieges, but we won't see him/her again. Hopefully the bears and bugs will stop backing them up though.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It won't end the sieges, but we won't see him/her again. Hopefully the bears and bugs will stop backing them up though.

That's WORSE. That means they'll fly and heckle us all! And no more bear cubs to train! :'(

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well let them into a death hall where they can't fly. Problem solved, and we get to manually blender nightwings.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well let them into a death hall where they can't fly. Problem solved, and we get to manually blender nightwings.

Are you suggesting we let them INSIDE DEEPER into our halls!?!?!?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or where the gates are (that long hallway/airlock) be floored over.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32