Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40927 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Or where the gates are (that long hallway/airlock) be floored over.
We need time, which we don't have. We might have more now, but not enough.

28th of Sandstone, 137: Rejoicing and Chucker Speaks!
Today, Cmega and the miner were married. There was much more partying today but no one knew why. Well, one person did. I was standing with Chucker, Karkov, and Cmega as we talked about our families (or Cmega's new family in this case). Cmega gave a little boast about how so many people were rejoicing and partying and how much more drinking was happening. I thought nothing of it, but Karkov and Chucker must've for their faces turned a bit sour. Karkov said there was just as much at his when Chucker shook his head and then half shouted.

"My word! The only reason why we're having a grand old time more then usual is because the damn "mingling" sessions are over for another five years or so, old chap."

Everyone stopped and turned to look at Chucker. No one realized he could even speak, let alone with a different accent. I think a few people dropped their barrels.

"Chucker... you TALKED! With WORDS! In a strange accent!" Karkov said shocked

"Indeed I did, old chap. I don't speak except with my happy bunny noises because I don't want to deal with more then half of you. You're all so worried about so much, so I made it seem as I didn't talk. But this statement that Cmega here had spoke of just... Ooooh... It just aggravates me so much I HAD to say something!"

Everyone stood there in silence as Chucker left, making nibbling noises again. I took about four others and we all brought up more booze... I think more of this will help us figure out what happened just now... or make us forget that he even spoke.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Karkov, I think Sarrak breaks a record with 86 kills?
Well, Sarrak definitely broke the high score of that old Colossus that had been running around, congrats Sarrak!

Huzzah for progenies!  Whoo!  I think the fortress is on the up and up.  It's all been going pretty smoothly except for the fact that Jotun throw fireballs (didn't think that was a thing, holy crap.)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As soon as I saw that fireball fly by that wolf, I knew we weren't making it out alive... Especially when the booze Chucker held exploded

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

26th of Timber: Yet Another Child of Highmax
My wife gave birth to another daughter today. Something tells me that she will become a great shield-maiden someday.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for the rest of us, its been quiet. The miner has been digging out more rooms and the expansion for the refuse pile. We also have... 200+ bars of gold... Who put the smelters on overdrive again!? I sear, we're making bins out of gold JUST to hold all the bars of gold!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

You do like screwing with me...

As for the gold, it is magma safe, right?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile

You do like screwing with me...

As for the gold, it is magma safe, right?
I don't believe it is. Its melting point is 11915 degrees Urist, which is just under the required 12000 degrees Urist required to stay stable at magma temperature. Only Iron, Nickel, and Adamantine are magma-safe metals, I believe.

Quoting this from the wiki, by the way. You can see what I mean here:
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Pity. I was going to say that we could make a pumpstack out of gold.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still thinking about the hoard of gold coins myself

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Coins, bins to hold said coins, statues around said hoard of gold coins in gold bins...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Coins, bins to hold said coins, statues around said hoard of gold coins in gold bins...
Didn't think of that...

17th of Obsidian, 137: Third War of the Nightwings Arrives
The damned nightwings showed up again. I swear, they don't give up, do they? We can't confirm their numbers again, but there are fewer then the last couple battles. We'll let them form up and check again in a bit...

In the meantime, we have more iron ore to smelt. I just hope we can get more from the nightwings to melt down...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9th of Granite, 138: Nightwings Are Gone... Again...
I'm getting sick of these guys flying away! We killed many but more got away unhurt. And without a bolt fired. They're cowards that run at the first sign of trouble! It was a group effort to hunt them down in the snow storm but we crushed them. We killed two squads and the third fled. We now have cats running about outside, but I don't really care; let the cats stay outside.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry highMax, I didn't reply about who I wanted to be. Is one of Karlow's children available? Also, damn HighMax, I mean it when I say your the most badass DF player I've ever seen! Your freaking taking out entire armies with four soldiers only? I don't know if I'll ever be good as you! Especially under the influence of the Fortress Defense mod. It's just heart takingly badass!  :'(

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Sorry highMax, I didn't reply about who I wanted to be. Is one of Karlow's children available? Also, damn HighMax, I mean it when I say your the most badass DF player I've ever seen! Your freaking taking out entire armies with four soldiers only? I don't know if I'll ever be good as you! Especially under the influence of the Fortress Defense mod. It's just heart takingly badass!  :'(

This Karlow, I have no idea about.  Karkov however. :P  Yeah there's a couple of my children running around without being taken.  I'm sure Highmax can set you up with one.

Sorry about not being here too much guys, I usually do all of my dorf stuff while I'm at work and it's been super busy lately (That and I've been possessed by a couple of books recently).

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm married! YAY! Can I see my spouse's thoughts?
I'll post them as soon as I can. I got lots on my plate atm...

The nightwings aren't any problem. But the Jotun are however. Chucker has 7 skills legendary in combat, and one or two high master. Sarrak has the most kills of any entity according to Karkov. And Splint and Highmax are great swordsdwarves. As I said before, I'm lucky if anything. I'll dorf you when I can.

To the rest of you, don't expect updates for awhile. I got Necrothreat II to deal with for a bit... And I'm busy playing pokemon nonstop... So awesome... :-[

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Almost done my rediculous number of succession forts. Expect this to be back up by next week at the most

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32