Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41022 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2013, 10:51:48 pm »

20th of Galena, 132: Delays and Disasters
We've had a slight setback before the sealing is completed. Our woodcutter took last month as a smart time to cut down trees for our wood stocks, but everyone thought it was more impoartant, so there are many still putting the logs away, but no one is working on the roof, so its a hairline away from being completed but its left alone. I'm not too thrilled, but perhaps if my son can walk on his own two legs, he may remember the sun... I pray that he will remember the world we left and know that we will take it all back...

Karkov is still "mingling" with the CMD but I don't know how much longer they'll be with one another until they finally decide to marry. Perhaps if they do marry, and have children, they will grow with my children and they will bond as if they were brothers and sisters. I was also standing guard when I heard screaming. The metalcrafter was under attack! But for some reason, I was unable to move. Chucker and Sarrak arrived before I could even move and I  still couldn't move. I watched the metalcrafter die before me, and then I lost all will to fight. Then, I saw my wife flee them, and my will returned. I charged at the enemy and slaughtered those that DARE go to my son. I butchered them all, slaying even the wounded and surrendering. The blood was spilled for the metalcrafter, but the death was for trying to hurt my son. I screamed to the open sky and roared, shouting at the gods and the goblins that follow them:

"I WILL SLAY ALL WHO COME TOWARDS MY SON! NONE SHALL LIVE WHO DARE TO HARM HIM OR TAKE HIM FROM ME! LET THE BODIES BE A LESSON TO YOU!"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2013, 11:19:58 pm »

24th of Limestone, 132: Decisions
With the metalcrafter deceased and buried, we couldn't tell who will take her place in making armor and metalworks. We all couldn't figure it out. We decided to leave metalworking for now and focus on getting the logs inside and finishing the roof. Then, we can worry about things like that. My wife is unhappy from the death of her two dogs that I assigned to watch her. She was growing attached to them, but I feel her pain; they were good dogs. We decided that once the snow comes, we should be finished with the roof and be ready to seal ourselves from the rest of the world. I can only hope that goblins don't show up in the meantime. Sarrak and Chucker and watching the area with all the wood and keeping a vigilant eye out just in case

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2013, 11:41:54 pm »

5th of Sandstone, 132: The Sealing of Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice (whos idea was to have such a long name anyway?)
Well, dear journal or eventual reader, today is the day we seal ourselves from the world. The first set of doors are locking today, and they will not open again in many years. Some may die before they are reopened. This is for the betterment of our people, and the metalcrafter's death proved this. I stand here now, staring into the setting sun only a few hours before the sealing, with my son in my arms. And we're standing at my usual thinking spot. No longer will we watch the sun set. No longer will I think here. I show him the sun one last time and walk back into the outpost. The gate seals and I watch as sunlight is purged from our great halls. We're all on our own now... Locked away from the world. Everyone is inside and my wife cannot bear to watch the gate close on us all. We're scared and yet relieved at the same time. We heard stories of dwarves that live underground for centuries and then emerge allergic to the sun and bug eyed, only used to the low light of the caves. The second set go up, reinforcing the defense we're taking. There are sounds of mechanisms locking in place, making sure we stay where we are... underground. My son, I'm so sorry you cannot remember the sun now, but I will teach you the ways of war, so you may retake the surface with your generation and your kin. I may die before the gates ever reopen, but you will live for sure. You will reclaim the surface and make this place the mountainhomes of the last dwarves in existence. Soon after, you may move away and make more outposts like this one, but you will always remember the halls you grew up in. You may become a greater warrior than I ever was or will be, or even greater then Serrak, but today, we hide, we wait. You are the firstborn of the last dwarves, and you shall become their King when they retake the surface, for you were born before we shut ourselves away. you alone of your generation will remember what it felt like to feel rain oon your skin, to feel snow on your face, and to feel the wind blow. You watched the world go by as your mother held you under the shade of trees on her break, and you grasped at the leaves tat fell close to you. Only you alone will remember these that no other child or anyone born after you will remember. You shall become a great dwarf someday, but today, we weep as the rest of the world is taken from us... You will ember the sorrow of the dwarves before anything else, for it will be here when you can walk on your own two feet... Armok have mercy on us all...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2013, 12:24:22 am »

Now all we have to worry about is making sure we still have things available whenever we get back up to 20 population.  That and accidentally breaching the cavern again.  This definitely is an interesting twist on a fortress, normally it's all about trying to kill everything on the surface, we actually have to wait until we get a reasonable population up.

We're in for an interesting wait.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2013, 07:21:10 am »

Now all we have to worry about is making sure we still have things available whenever we get back up to 20 population.  That and accidentally breaching the cavern again.  This definitely is an interesting twist on a fortress, normally it's all about trying to kill everything on the surface, we actually have to wait until we get a reasonable population up.

We're in for an interesting wait.

I think of the vaults in Fallout as I do this

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2013, 11:51:57 am »

24th of Sandstone, 132: The beginning days of our "slumber"
We realized there were goblin corpses lying around the new barracks. They must've fell down to their deaths when we fought them on the topside. We took all their gear and then began to butcher our explosion of animals. We also ordered several "tidying" operations to clean up some areas. Its really just getting rid of all of our rocks and useless crap. Its rather crowded now that the dogs are running around. Thankfully, this will be a thing of the past once we get rid of all our puppies. Wolves went up for adoption today (I might grab one myself) and we're now moved into the new barracks. Archery targets are getting set up now, but soon, we'll have a real barracks worthy of training an army. We've also started a rotation of our squads, giving two months of work for every one month of rest. In the meantime, Sarrak and Chucker are not the forge masters. I will also be working on that with splint when our time comes for rest. Karkov and the CMD are still lovers, nothing more. My wife is more cheery now, but she's still upset about the war dogs. Hopefully this wont affect anything. My son's birthday is only a few months away. This excites me greatly. Soon, he will be able to walk and talk like a normal dwarf instead of a baby.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2013, 01:22:51 pm »

You said you were using the fortress defense mod, is that the only one?  Or are you using Masterwork?

Also could we get the save if it's not too much trouble?  I wanna see the layouts and the god pantheon and stuff.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2013, 01:37:58 pm »

I hope you're fine with some diary notes... Also, I'll appreciate, if you could give my dwarf thoughts & preferences. It is a bit hard to write without them  :)

Early Sandstone, 132

And so, the moment comes... I won't say that I'm fine - without going into battle anymore for Armok knows how long. But, if we want to repopulate the surface someday, it must be done. I think I will take smithing in my free time. Maybe even weapons or armor in the future. I always dreamed of going into battle with trusty axe, forged by myself. What would be greater than that? Recently, my dreams usually get interrupted by the sad thoughts. It would be easy to become best weaponsmith now, when most of our kind is gone, wiped out by greenskin menace. Well... I'd better go now to the surface before it will be too late to catch the last glimpse of sun in the coming age of underground darkness.

P.S. By the way, I've seen that you mentioned Cmega can't marry because of his age... I think he may be able to "mingle" together with Splint quite well. Their personalities are not that different and ages are quite similar... Heh.
P.P.S. I agree with Karkov, it could be interesting
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2013, 02:00:28 pm »

Hey, you can give everyone wondrous rooms now, each with a bedroom, dining room and study/storage!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2013, 03:32:22 pm »

Hey, you can give everyone wondrous rooms now, each with a bedroom, dining room and study/storage!

Will probably end up doing so after a bit. After all, I got an entire floor I was dedicating to mass population.

Just masterwork Karkov, I'll be posting the save when I can. I have to use Mediafire though because DFFD likes to see me, laugh in my face, and not work... Ever... On any computer...

And Sarrak, I got no problem with diary notes. I'll post your thoughts with the save. And I said Cmega couldn't marry the ones IN THAT SESSION. I think most of them were at least 20 years before... And I'm planning on doing as Timeless Bob said and making a statue garden... Except its not really a garden, moreas a very nicely engraved room with gold statues lining it. Also, Sarrak, you're carrying a named axe atm made of STEEL that was originally used by the dead woodworker. I think of it as a vengeance weapon, as in using it to destroy those who slain its original wielder. I wouldn't be surprised if your axe ended up being the artifact that crushes the goblins; you got many kills with that thing ALONE

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2013, 03:47:17 pm »

I think of it as a vengeance weapon, as in using it to destroy those who slain its original wielder. I wouldn't be surprised if your axe ended up being the artifact that crushes the goblins; you got many kills with that thing ALONE

I really wonder what the other populations are like in that world; seeing as how the dwarfs have died out, who knows what could've happened to the other races.  I'm gonna have fun snoopin' through the Legends.

I didn't realize we were already making steel equipment, how much of it do we have?  And we could probably do something a little more useful with the gold than statues, such as joining guilds or something.  Statues are nice and all, but smith dwarfs that learn at twice the rate are extremely useful.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2013, 04:17:57 pm »

I think of it as a vengeance weapon, as in using it to destroy those who slain its original wielder. I wouldn't be surprised if your axe ended up being the artifact that crushes the goblins; you got many kills with that thing ALONE

I really wonder what the other populations are like in that world; seeing as how the dwarfs have died out, who knows what could've happened to the other races.  I'm gonna have fun snoopin' through the Legends.

I didn't realize we were already making steel equipment, how much of it do we have?  And we could probably do something a little more useful with the gold than statues, such as joining guilds or something.  Statues are nice and all, but smith dwarfs that learn at twice the rate are extremely useful.

Guilds? What guilds? And I'm guessing Jotun kicked their asses. And we have one steel battleaxe that came with the dwarf, and... I think 8 bars of steel?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2013, 04:45:00 pm »

I think that he thinks it is masterwork. They have many of the same races that you can add in.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2013, 04:57:20 pm »

Just masterwork Karkov, I'll be posting the save when I can. I have to use Mediafire though because DFFD likes to see me, laugh in my face, and not work... Ever... On any computer...

Guilds? What guilds? And I'm guessing Jotun kicked their asses. And we have one steel battleaxe that came with the dwarf, and... I think 8 bars of steel?

If it's masterwork, by Meph and has fortress defense and therapist plus other mods added in, then it has a few extra workshops under the construction list.  One of them is a guildhall which can takes a lot of mats but transforms your dwarfs into guild dwarfs that gain twice the amount of exp they normally would in those certain areas. 

Although you could've turned all of those extra workshops and things off and have been using basically vanilla with the extra races and stuff, I dunno!  I'll have to mess around with the save when you upload it, I'm just assuming things from previous statements basically. :P

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2013, 05:07:13 pm »

Steel? Good to hear! Sadly, I won't see much chance using it during underground years (but, who knows, who knows?..)
Also, quest for vengeance? Accepted!  :D

It sounds pretty much like just Fortress Defense installed, without all of the Masterwork features.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32