Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41017 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2013, 05:14:54 pm »

Heres the save:

I'll be adding it to the original post soon.

And heres the thoughts screen for Sarrak:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also thinking of putting the thought screens for all named on the original post.

Steel? Good to hear! Sadly, I won't see much chance using it during underground years (but, who knows, who knows?..)
Also, quest for vengeance? Accepted!  :D

It sounds pretty much like just Fortress Defense installed, without all of the Masterwork features.

Its vanilla, fresh off bay12 games added with a seasoning of Fortress Defense forced down its throat.

EDIT:

Yes, that is a hole in the roof. How I missed that, I don't know
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:31:30 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2013, 05:35:31 pm »

Well, my character is surprisingly well-suited for fistly chosen style of writing. But, so much for "seeing the last glimpse of the sun". Heh. Maybe she meant that ironically?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2013, 05:47:43 pm »

Well, my character is surprisingly well-suited for fistly chosen style of writing. But, so much for "seeing the last glimpse of the sun". Heh. Maybe she meant that ironically?

I was gonna make it so there was  room with a glass ceiling where the statue garden would be so they can still look at the sun, but

A) no time
B) No glass furnace or glassworkers
C) Too lazy

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2013, 06:09:05 pm »

11th of Moonstone: The Secondborn of the Last Dwarves has come
My wife gave birth to another baby boy today. Hes almost as beautiful as my firstborn. A little bit on the chunkier side, but he's beautiful nonetheless.

As for the rest of the fortress, I'm on my month of rest, so splint and I are working on hauling duty for now since we can wait for the forges. Splint joked and said we're on "tidy duty". Funny... My firstborn's birthday is soon; many will celebrate the first birthday of the Firstborn.

EDIT:
I think that double braids seems to run in my family. This is a rather humorous thought despite it being an odd trait
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:13:58 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2013, 06:41:25 pm »

11th of Moonstone: The Secondborn of the Last Dwarves has come
My wife gave birth to another baby boy today. Hes almost as beautiful as my firstborn. A little bit on the chunkier side, but he's beautiful nonetheless.

As for the rest of the fortress, I'm on my month of rest, so splint and I are working on hauling duty for now since we can wait for the forges. Splint joked and said we're on "tidy duty". Funny... My firstborn's birthday is soon; many will celebrate the first birthday of the Firstborn.

EDIT:
I think that double braids seems to run in my family. This is a rather humorous thought despite it being an odd trait

SecondBorn!

I hope my dwarf gets to 'mingle' enough to fall in love. My son will be a mighty mechanic!

He might end up with splint, but I'll see whos left around your age block...

17th of Opal, 132: Birthdays and Surprises
Today we celebrated the first birthday of Timeless Bob, my firstborn. He's already walking around and talking to people in almost full conversations. Instead of us surprising him, he surprised us! Now, his gifts were his first drink of booze and one of the knives that Sarrak and Chucker used before they got real weapons. Hes already running around playing with it like hes a knight. Maybe one day, he will grow up to be the king I saw him as when I stood outside and held him in my arms as we sealed ourselves up. Also, the animal trainer seems to enjoy having an entourage of wolves and war dogs follow him all the time, despite the fact he blocks off almost all entryways with them. I find it rather annoying...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2013, 08:51:24 pm »

Oh, yep.  Vanilla with a nice helping of Fortress Defense it is.

So I've been running the fort through legends viewer, and uh.  Well.

"In 75, late summer, The Merchant of Taking  defeated The Parched Earth and destroyed Helpfulletter. In The Destruction of Helpfulletter as a result of The Cremated Sieges as part of The Roasted War."

Helpfulletter was the first and only dwarven Mountain Home.  Highmax settled our fort in 126.  Most of our dwarfs actually lived during the time the Mountain Home was still around, Karkov is running around at the prime ol' age of 65 after all.  Our band of what was 18~ish dwarfs are refugees from the destruction of the dwarves some fifty years prior.

We've got some work to do.

Edit:  Just as sort of an aside, we were set upon by two factions at that time, the Jotunar and the Ferric Elves.  The Ferric Elves were the ones that actually ended up destroying our Mountain Home.  Sadly we won't be able to get revenge upon them, because about 29 years after they destroyed us, the Jotunar ended up crushing them.  The Jotunar however are just cruisin' along basically ruling the world.  I'll post more as I figure out some of this stuff, pretty interesting even though most of it is "UNKNOWN HISTORICAL FIGURE."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:00:05 pm by Karkov »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2013, 09:09:55 pm »

18th of Obsidian, 132: Karkov married
Today, we celebrated the marriage of Karkov and his loving wife, the Chief Medical Dwarf. They are a strange couple, but a happy one nonetheless. I can only pray his children will grow up and become friends with my sons. There was much drinking and partying and joy and laughter, to the point that some even forgot what we were celebrating. My son even drank quite a bit, and Armok praise the lad, for he drank two whole barrels and didn't get sick off of it. This child can definitely hold his booze now, he can hold it as he grows up. I look forward to drinking and training with the lad once he's old enough to use a weapon. He will choose of course, as will his brother when he grows up. We can only wait and hope that more couples arrive out of this. Cmega and Chucker are the only ones who aren't presently in a relationship, so they're the next victims of the mingling program. I laughed heartily as I held my baby son in my arms and slapped Cmega on his back saying hes next. He kinda spewed up some wine from his shock. Everyone got a laugh out of it, even my younger son and his elder brother. Even Cmega began to laugh, despite being the butt end of a joke. Life was peaceful down here, being shut out from the rest of the world. But its very lonely. But then again, we were lonely since we started, not seeing any other signs of life other then goblins. Then again, we made friends with the local wolves, and they've been adopted into our civilized life. In fact, one seemed to grow fond of Timeless Bob, but he was iffy of adopting him. I have no objections if he wants one, after all, they're wonderful animals once they stop attacking you. These are tame and loyal and stronger then the war dogs. They would be the great allies of the King of the dwarves once he retakes the surface. But today, we celebrate a marriage and the eventual parents of another generation. I asked Karkov if he has sons if he would like me and the other soldiers to train them, but he didn't give me an answer ((OOC: What do you say Karkov? What do you want your children to do?)). I guess I'll find out later. We've also given the nickname to Lord Lemonpie "Pack Lord" because she can make the wolves do almost ANYTHING, and they follow her like shes the alpha. Its rather humorous if you get past the fact theres so many of them getting in your way

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »

Oh, yep.  Vanilla with a nice helping of Fortress Defense it is.

So I've been running the fort through legends viewer, and uh.  Well.

"In 75, late summer, The Merchant of Taking  defeated The Parched Earth and destroyed Helpfulletter. In The Destruction of Helpfulletter as a result of The Cremated Sieges as part of The Roasted War."

Helpfulletter was the first and only dwarven Mountain Home.  Highmax settled our fort in 126.  Most of our dwarfs actually lived during the time the Mountain Home was still around, Karkov is running around at the prime ol' age of 65 after all.  Our band of what was 18~ish dwarfs are refugees from the destruction of the dwarves some fifty years prior.

We've got some work to do.

Edit:  Just as sort of an aside, we were set upon by two factions at that time, the Jotunar and the Ferric Elves.  The Ferric Elves were the ones that actually ended up destroying our Mountain Home.  Sadly we won't be able to get revenge upon them, because about 29 years after they destroyed us, the Jotunar ended up crushing them.  The Jotunar however are just cruisin' along basically ruling the world.  I'll post more as I figure out some of this stuff, pretty interesting even though most of it is "UNKNOWN HISTORICAL FIGURE."

Now you know why they're my third favorite race in Norse. Even asgaardians have issues dealing with them... Only Thor can kill them easily, but that's because he's Aesir and the strongest of the gods, only rivaled in strength by his brother Vidar, who kills Fenrir and LIVES. My favorite race is obviously dwarves 8)

So I can't kill the elves? Awww... So I guess Ragnarok is trying to take over the world? Whats the status of the goblins? Have the Jotun assaulted them at all? (also, note how I call them by their proper names cause I'm actually reading the Edda and debating on becoming Norse myself :P ). It would be great to know if the goblins are in league with them, because we got LOTS of prisoners we haven't interrogated yet. And I plan on adding that in somewhere. And you know how far I am from everyone? I think the 11 dwarves that came didn't know because, you know, we're waaaaayyyy the hell out here. Could've been outsider dwarves for all we know. It would explain how so little they know eachother. Maybe we'll have Chucker's son become Thor, because hes the only one with a spear :P

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2013, 09:37:32 pm »

So I can't kill the elves? Awww... So I guess Ragnarok is trying to take over the world? Whats the status of the goblins? Have the Jotun assaulted them at all? (also, note how I call them by their proper names cause I'm actually reading the Edda and debating on becoming Norse myself :P ). It would be great to know if the goblins are in league with them, because we got LOTS of prisoners we haven't interrogated yet. And I plan on adding that in somewhere. And you know how far I am from everyone? I think the 11 dwarves that came didn't know because, you know, we're waaaaayyyy the hell out here. Could've been outsider dwarves for all we know. It would explain how so little they know eachother. Maybe we'll have Chucker's son become Thor, because hes the only one with a spear :P

The best I can tell about the Goblins and the Jotuns relationship is that they happen to be long-time acquaintances who play bridge every other Sunday.  The goblins were actually the ones who destroyed the Ferric Elves last forest retreat, Shieldring, in 104.  They tagged along with the Jotun at the end of the war, after the Jotun had taken the brunt of the attacks and dealt most of the damage.  The goblins basically swarmed Shieldring at the end and stabbed the last 32 remaining elves in the civilization, as opposed to the Jotuns 1852 total elf squishes.  The goblins actually took massive casualties against those 32 elves, somewhere in the 500's. 

Another fun note of the Goblins is that their one leader is actually a demon who's been leading them since 3, and I'm pretty sure he has a hellish mount as well.  The Jotuns have been cycling through a couple of leaders, though not nearly as many as the dwarves had before they were wiped out.  (Dwarfs had 30 kings.  None of them had any significant kills, or otherwise, I think.  Most of them died in duels with Jotuns.  Because dueling with a Giant is a great idea when you're a fresh recruit of a king.)

Edit:  It seems that non-notable kills don't show up in the legends viewer, so a few of the kingly dwarfs might've actually gotten kills, but it could've been a Thirps man or something if they did kill it, and nothing really that useful.  On a fun note, the Ferric Elves didn't actually kill any dwarves; the Jotun killed all of the dwarves and then left the areas littered with corpses and loot, and then sauntered off to go smash some elves in the off-season.  The elves came and looted every last dwarven sanctuary, and then apparently destroyed the last mountain home when they got bored with it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:07:19 pm by Karkov »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2013, 09:44:24 pm »

Behold, Karkov; The great and mighty historian!

Now I can add some awesomeness and foreboding about the inevitable arrival of the soldiers of Jotunheim.

Just wondering, are there Fire Jotun and frost Jotun? Because muspel giants and nifel giants would screw me royally... And I guess I wasn't joking when I said the goblins wiped out the dwarves. They're goblins mind you, so they'd probably take the glory for something the Jotun did. And I'd love to see the goblin demon-king arrive on the battlefields and have this climatic battle with the four champions. I gurantee one will die from it at least, but they'd be evenly matched. An age old demon vs legendary goblin slayers? A tale for the ages

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2013, 10:12:08 pm »

Today, we celebrated the marriage of Karkov and his loving wife, the Chief Medical Dwarf. They are a strange couple, but a happy one nonetheless. I can only pray his children will grow up and become friends with my sons. There was much drinking and partying and joy and laughter, to the point that some even forgot what we were celebrating. My son even drank quite a bit, and Armok praise the lad, for he drank two whole barrels and didn't get sick off of it. This child can definitely hold his booze now, he can hold it as he grows up. I look forward to drinking and training with the lad once he's old enough to use a weapon. He will choose of course, as will his brother when he grows up. We can only wait and hope that more couples arrive out of this. Cmega and Chucker are the only ones who aren't presently in a relationship, so they're the next victims of the mingling program. I laughed heartily as I held my baby son in my arms and slapped Cmega on his back saying hes next. He kinda spewed up some wine from his shock. Everyone got a laugh out of it, even my younger son and his elder brother. Even Cmega began to laugh, despite being the butt end of a joke. Life was peaceful down here, being shut out from the rest of the world. But its very lonely. But then again, we were lonely since we started, not seeing any other signs of life other then goblins. Then again, we made friends with the local wolves, and they've been adopted into our civilized life. In fact, one seemed to grow fond of Timeless Bob, but he was iffy of adopting him. I have no objections if he wants one, after all, they're wonderful animals once they stop attacking you. These are tame and loyal and stronger then the war dogs. They would be the great allies of the King of the dwarves once he retakes the surface. But today, we celebrate a marriage and the eventual parents of another generation. I asked Karkov if he has sons if he would like me and the other soldiers to train them, but he didn't give me an answer ((OOC: What do you say Karkov? What do you want your children to do?)). I guess I'll find out later. We've also given the nickname to Lord Lemonpie "Pack Lord" because she can make the wolves do almost ANYTHING, and they follow her like shes the alpha. Its rather humorous if you get past the fact theres so many of them getting in your way

Oh crap, sorry, I didn't even notice this post earlier.  Apparently I'm too waist deep in history to be celebrating my own wedding ceremony. :P

You can throw my kid to anyone who wants a dorfing if they ask.  If that doesn't happen then...  Well crap, I'm gonna have to think of something.  I'll get back to you on it.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2013, 10:20:26 pm »

Behold, Karkov; The great and mighty historian!

Now I can add some awesomeness and foreboding about the inevitable arrival of the soldiers of Jotunheim.

Just wondering, are there Fire Jotun and frost Jotun? Because muspel giants and nifel giants would screw me royally... And I guess I wasn't joking when I said the goblins wiped out the dwarves. They're goblins mind you, so they'd probably take the glory for something the Jotun did. And I'd love to see the goblin demon-king arrive on the battlefields and have this climatic battle with the four champions. I gurantee one will die from it at least, but they'd be evenly matched. An age old demon vs legendary goblin slayers? A tale for the ages

I think they're all supposed to be the frost Jotun, pretty sure there's only one type of them, and I think it refers to them as Frost Giants at some point.  Not quite sure exactly where, one sec and I'll go find their raws and descriptions.

Edit:  Found it.  Description of the female Jotun:  "The skin of this cold giant has been tempered by its frozen homeland."

You, my fine sir, are dealing with some frozen giants, and we've settled in the middle of a tundra. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:25:50 pm by Karkov »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2013, 10:23:48 pm »

Probably from the inaccurate thor movie :(

They made Jotunheim Nifelheim (aka Hel) and the Nifel Giants became normal giants. Like seriously? Jotun can have multiple heads, horns, and be ALOT taller then 7ft! They're supposed to be 20ft!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2013, 10:28:39 pm »

Oh crap, sorry, I didn't even notice this post earlier.  Apparently I'm too waist deep in history to be celebrating my own wedding ceremony. :P

You can throw my kid to anyone who wants a dorfing if they ask.  If that doesn't happen then...  Well crap, I'm gonna have to think of something.  I'll get back to you on it.

I want to sig that first line so badly, but no room :'(

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2013, 10:42:15 pm »

I want to sig that first line so badly, but no room :'(

Eheh, there there, Toady will totally bless us with more sig lines someday, or something.

In other news, your Jotun are ridiculously large.  Let me put this in perspective really quick.  Dwarven adults are roughly 60,000 cm3 in size.  Human adults are 75,000 cm3 in size.  The Jotun who are wandering around the planet are roughly 9,000,000 cm3 in size.  That's 150 times the mass of an adult dwarf. 120 times the mass of an adult human.  Armok help you if you ever get sieged by them; my only advice to you would be to shoot them with tiny bolts from very, very far away.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32