Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856460 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3120 on: October 25, 2018, 05:56:08 pm »

I like to have Boomalopes tamed (Have about 6 of them) because you can milk them for chemfuel and that's really OP (Did they change this in 1.0?) as you can easily get to the hundred and even thousands unit of chemfuel, and thus, power become less of a problem with the chemfuel power generators, and you can also sell the chemfuel for some really good money
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: October 25, 2018, 07:21:23 pm »

Yea but I don't like the danger of my pastures suddenly turning into a raging inferno should something happen to one of them.

I do typically keep around one boomalope nowadays, as an emergency fuel supply, but back then I didn't see the value in them and saw them only as a bomb waiting to go off.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: October 25, 2018, 08:08:00 pm »

Yea but I don't like the danger of my pastures suddenly turning into a raging inferno should something happen to one of them.

I do typically keep around one boomalope nowadays, as an emergency fuel supply, but back then I didn't see the value in them and saw them only as a bomb waiting to go off.

I have them on a separate barn made out of blocks.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: October 25, 2018, 09:05:32 pm »

My doctor treated sleeping sickness so hard that the disease progression started going down instead of up and my colonists were cured within minutes.  Not sure that's supposed to happen...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: October 25, 2018, 09:18:52 pm »

My doctor treated sleeping sickness so hard that the disease progression started going down instead of up and my colonists were cured within minutes.  Not sure that's supposed to happen...
Before immunity hit 100%?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: October 25, 2018, 09:52:51 pm »

'Not-so-quick' from my post earlier, was my cook.   I've never had the misfortune of not having at least a semi competent cook.

There is vomit everywhere.  I had someone clean up a pile of vomit only to vomit themselves and put another pile of vomit in the same place.  Never underestimate the value of a cook.

Edit: the "cook" was hauling some rice, stopped hauling the rice, sat the rice down on the floor vomited on the rice, and then picked the rice up to cook it on the stove.  It's pandemonium.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:03:07 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: October 25, 2018, 10:17:15 pm »

Before immunity hit 100%?
Before immunity hit 10%.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: October 26, 2018, 01:44:56 am »

He wasn't actually cured, the disease is invisible below a certain %. They will be cured after immunity reaches 100%, but you may not see it if it's invisible at the time.

Animal pregnancy is also invisible until like 30%.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: October 26, 2018, 05:40:46 am »

Apparently it's possible to treat a disease well enough to regress its progress - the wiki page for malaria is the only one to mention this, but sleeping sickness is supposedly very easy to treat so it might work for that.

Just got a pirate raid. Two had guns; a no-skill with a bolt-action rifle, and a 12-skill sheriff with a machine pistol. Drew out the machine-pistoleer, but took a minor gunshot wound in the process before I could get my guys behind a wall for cover. Then when the shooter turned her back to head towards her comrades, my entire team came out and unloaded a hail of bullets and arrows on her, incapacitating her. Tried to go for the rifleman next, but they started their charge at me. The first clubber in the charge instead decided to spend his last moments of life snorting yayo. Then the rifleman and another clubber were cut down. The last two tried to flee, but were chased and killed. The sheriff was then stripped and stabbed to death as she was already bleeding too much to save.

Right after that, a pack of tamed yorkies came on the map and joined the colony.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: October 28, 2018, 08:26:28 am »

Did a couple of pirate outpost quests, very easy. The second one got me some glitterworld medicine, frag grenades, and a legendary-quality panthera-leather chair.

A pirate raid later on got dicey, and put several colonists in a bad shape. No deaths or permanent injury, but several valuable people are going to be bedridden for a few days. Probably what saved some lives here were the frag grenades. One of our colony's most prominent members, who is: one of the starting three, married to another of the starting three(and going on for at least a year now, wow), our best shooter hand-down, was one of the ones injured in the raid, and her mother was rescued during a previous world-map quest - I gave the grenades to her mom. One grenade killed one of the attackers, shredded several internal organs of another(he barely made off the map before bleeding out), and killed a nearby deer again with multiple internal organs ripped apart.

Now, I have to figure out what to do with all the yorkies. I've run out of kibble since I'm low on meat, and now the little bastards are getting into the chocolate supply. Chocolate is very slow-growing(got about 700 units in the one harvest), but a pretty valuable export. Also, somehow chocolate is not poisonous to dogs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: October 28, 2018, 09:30:14 am »

Murder, make Kibble.

Or hunt more deer with fragmentation grenades.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: October 28, 2018, 10:08:44 am »

If he still had dogs it's probably the vegetabile part of kibble that is missing, not the meat ;)
Love, scriver~

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: October 28, 2018, 11:16:02 am »

We normally slaughter yorkies.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: October 28, 2018, 11:33:31 am »

So the update to 1.0, was that an opt-in thing or did everyone get updated?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: October 28, 2018, 11:37:12 am »

We normally slaughter yorkies.
I'm considering raising them for market. Each sells for about $60 to whatever trader's have been willing to buy, and they seem like fast breeders. It is meat I'm running low on; I'm prioritizing fine meals and I've got <300 units of meat in storage as opposed to about 4000 veggies, and our main hunters are currently in bed with a bad case of bullet-to-the-tibia.

I'm also breeding boomrats as suicide bombers. I've got them in a 2x2 stone box filled with surplus rice and hay, and training them for release. I'm pretty sure they don't have souls, and if they did I'd weaponize that as well.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 280