Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854247 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1650 on: August 21, 2016, 02:20:28 am »

Note to self: Pirates that "siege" you WILL get off their butts and attack eventually. Also, if you have 30 insanity lances, remember that you have 30 insanity lances when a bunch of assholes roll around instead of getting everyone killed.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 21, 2016, 08:08:06 am »

It looks like you can't trust steam cloud that much. When I loaded up the game on my computer I got an old save from the cloud, and I can't resave on the original computer as I don't have access to it for two weeks. Nice.

"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1652 on: August 21, 2016, 08:11:18 am »

If thats the robot mod I think it is, it may cause some issues with bots getting into social fights with colonists. Particularly as you cant fix the bots.
I think that only happens with MAI. the cleaning bot and hauling bot are incapable of social interaction iirc

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 21, 2016, 10:08:14 am »

Could I ask what the name is of the mod that removes the no hauling/cleaning? Sounds like a must-have. I wouldn't mind if it was a super rare trait, but it feels like a good 20-30% of characters generated won't do it.

What you need instead is the robot mod that adds the hauling and cleaning bots :P
Do pray tell.  Does the modded robots require any sort of component maintenance, because that could be a problem.  But it'd certainly be better than having to have that as a priority over researching and other useful jobs.
You know you can set people to prioritize research over cleaning right?
Yeah, I know.  But most games I run into the problem where everyone whats to get up and punch things because there is an inch of blood on the floor of my hospital.  And everywhere else.  Now at least, I have a ex-soldier with a brain injury that very likely couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, that has eternal cleaning duty, above everything else. I really, really don't want him to be building by landmines. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 21, 2016, 03:49:57 pm »

If thats the robot mod I think it is, it may cause some issues with bots getting into social fights with colonists. Particularly as you cant fix the bots.
I think that only happens with MAI. the cleaning bot and hauling bot are incapable of social interaction iirc

Also the Mai fix themselves.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 21, 2016, 05:21:38 pm »

Nope, thats the mod. Or alteast, what the form of it I was using was based off of, I dont know how much it was changed when it was put in the Arbitration modpack beyond allowing colonists to make the base stations.

Thinking further about it, I think it was caused by a conflict with EPOE and the fact that the bots are semi/technically colonists. Its a tad hacky, from what I can tell about them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 21, 2016, 05:59:52 pm »

Apparently noone has ever heard of one night stands, or get over being dumped.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 22, 2016, 12:31:17 am »

You'd think a lecher type wouldn't be getting such a high morale hit from getting dumped for long.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 22, 2016, 12:39:40 am »

Going to give a warning about the Zombie Mod

It is a good and fun mod... But it sort of wears out its welcome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 22, 2016, 12:46:37 am »

Divorces (or just breaking up) ar horrible. Year later, and the dumped git is still breaking over it. Hell, the dead relative goes away faster than that.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 22, 2016, 12:47:32 am »

Divorces (or just breaking up) ar horrible. Year later, and the dumped git is still breaking over it. Hell, the dead relative goes away faster than that.

Yeah... I really wish there was something you can do... but unless your in an amazing position they KILL.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 22, 2016, 12:52:59 am »

I think I may have by the skin of my teeth, survived the AI deciding it was time for the game to end. Without losing a single colonist.

First there was a hive infestation, then a crop blight, then almost immediately after the crop blight, flashstorm practically on my front door. (thank Armok my walls are stone and I'm built mostly underground), shortly after the flash storm toxic fallout.  Fortunately nothing big happens during most of the toxic fallout but it pretty much destroys all my crops and converts the embark from lush forest, to wasteland.  Complete with animal skeletons everywhere.  The fallout lasts a hair under a season.

I did manage to research hydroponics in that time but I don't have the components to make a big grow farm, nor do I have the power output I need.  I've pretty much turned off power to everything but the hydroponics room and the kitchen so that my trickle of rice is not being interrupted.  Food is vanishing from the freezer as fast as it's put in. which is good cuz I cut power to the coolers.

Solar Flare
Aand butchering chickens.

I had killed my last chicken and was starting to greedily eye the starting dog when the toxic fallout settled. I scan the now barren map for raspberry bushes and find 2 survivors.  They are harvested immediately, I don't have to worry about my scavengers getting taken out by their severe toxic buildup levels anymore, but it barely makes a dent, they probably used as much food walking there and back as the bushes gave us.

And then the AI I think was running out of ideas and decided to tried to send one more 'fuck you' my way.   Alphabeaver horde.   First off, 'take care of them before they eat all the trees'.... What trees? I've seen desert biomes with more trees than what is left after that mess.  And second, thank you. I drafted everyone and waded into the beavers like some horror movie teenager beavers sneak into theatres to watch and brought the meat back.

Winter is just starting, but it's a relatively warm biome, so I think I'll be able to live off beaver meat and rice long enough for some boars or deer to stumble on the map now, and my crops should still grow, probably just slowly.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 22, 2016, 01:04:59 am »

So what mods do you recommend? I haven't tried any yet. I'm not interested in artificial difficulties, more into variable and increased content.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 22, 2016, 01:14:47 am »

Well, I wouldn't recommend GlitterTech myself. I've had it for a while and never used it. It just seems to add some bloat, some unrealistically expensive items, and extremely OP enemies.
That and the worst part is that some items mention FTL travel in their descriptions! Immersion ruined forever.

I would recommend most of the "ED" mods. I use Embrasures, Turrets, and Doormats myself. I'm on mobile right now so I can't find it easily, but my number one recommended mod is the Enhanced Prosthetics (probably not its exact name), which makes prosthetics and limb surgery stuff a lot more bearable in my opinion.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 22, 2016, 02:03:58 am »

Combat realism is a must for me, As Simple As Rack is really nice (1-4 long storage racks/freezers, along with 2-4 tile long double wide ones are really nice to have), EPOE (which is the organ mod Chiefwaffles was speaking of) is good and has a compatibility patch for CR on the CR thread(you do need to dig slightly for CR's latest update though, but the old compatibility patch should work fine), and possibly most importantly, reclaim fabric for dealing with all those junk clothes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 280