Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854211 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1635 on: August 19, 2016, 06:00:41 pm »

A guy who was spoiled as a child would rather eat a rotten human corpse than than carry a couple meals to the freezer so they keep. Wasn't aware of that mod but I'm definitely getting it. I have killed and imprisoned an incalculable number of newcomers who decided on their own that they were part of the colony but had no interest in hauling or cleaning.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 20, 2016, 10:01:43 am »

Ya the no hauling or cleaning aspect of vanilla is a real killer.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 20, 2016, 10:09:14 am »

It's really kinda stupid as well... I mean in the sort of scenario the game plays in it doesn't make any sense that people couldn't get over their hang-ups.  No fire-fighting, social skill, medical and such makes a bit more sense since they can portray actual phobias but I've never heard of someone being terrified of carrying a tray of food.
Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 20, 2016, 12:45:41 pm »

Which is really fun when they do it to take down someone who went mad, you have CR, and they are armed with an automatic shotgun on fullauto loaded with slugs.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1639 on: August 20, 2016, 12:54:40 pm »

That's why I always remove weapons from people who are close to a mental break.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 20, 2016, 01:19:56 pm »

Mental break people dont seem to like using guns, atleast with CR.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 20, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »

Could I ask what the name is of the mod that removes the no hauling/cleaning? Sounds like a must-have. I wouldn't mind if it was a super rare trait, but it feels like a good 20-30% of characters generated won't do it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 20, 2016, 02:40:25 pm »

Could I ask what the name is of the mod that removes the no hauling/cleaning? Sounds like a must-have. I wouldn't mind if it was a super rare trait, but it feels like a good 20-30% of characters generated won't do it.

What you need instead is the robot mod that adds the hauling and cleaning bots :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 20, 2016, 08:50:34 pm »

Recently had a tribal raid.  Still a very early base. 2 raiders.  Most of the way to my base one of the raiders got in a fight with the other and killed her.   Then the remaining raider fled.

My base defenses are so good I don't even need to fire a shot.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 20, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »

Had one of my elephants hit by a neurotoxin and it didn't kill him... so he is unconscious forever in my base for years and years and years. Wish there was some way to revive him.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 20, 2016, 09:11:28 pm »

What you need instead is the robot mod that adds the hauling and cleaning bots :P
Do pray tell.  Does the modded robots require any sort of component maintenance, because that could be a problem.  But it'd certainly be better than having to have that as a priority over researching and other useful jobs. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 20, 2016, 09:21:03 pm »

Do pray tell.  Does the modded robots require any sort of component maintenance, because that could be a problem.  But it'd certainly be better than having to have that as a priority over researching and other useful jobs.

No component maintenance but it does require 100w of power for every station. It is "MISC. Robots"

That mod also has a complimentary mod made by someone else that lets you build them yourself (instead of only being able to buy them). There is also "MISC. MAI" if you want to build Android colonists (don't expect too tooo much.)

I've downloaded a lot of mods and I thing I have a pretty firm grasp on which ones I like and which ones I dislike.

For example... Rimsenal, like the entire thing... Is not only good but it fills the VERY VERY barren slot of sci-fi weaponry (Base game has what? One? can you even get Charged Lances?)... Better yet it is strikingly balanced to an extent. At least so far it seems so.

In fact look into MISC, I do like incidents.

As well if you like the idea of GlitterTech (high end, end game stuff) get Industrialization. They take a lot of effort without being a obscene sink. The Deep Mining Drill in this mod? going to be officially added to the game.

Vegetable Garden is also a nice mod. Beans for everyone!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:23:51 pm by Neonivek »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 20, 2016, 09:55:22 pm »

You know you can set people to prioritize research over cleaning right?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1648 on: August 20, 2016, 09:59:17 pm »

Yeah research isn't difficult. Use the manual priorities. My researcher has 3 hours mandatory joy time and spend the rest of the day researching

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 20, 2016, 11:02:23 pm »

If thats the robot mod I think it is, it may cause some issues with bots getting into social fights with colonists. Particularly as you cant fix the bots.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 280