Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game  (Read 9519 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2013, 08:01:53 pm »

Go down the catacombs, but put the pitchfork over my back (or my inventory) first.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2013, 11:58:16 pm »

Character sheets.

Dark Entity (kj1225)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Knight (scapheap)

The Priest (Terra162)

Pensword the monk

Aninimouse the hunter

Thomson The Noble-man.

Cheesecake the commoner

FelixSparks the commoner

Maps:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:45:34 am by Mlamlah »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2013, 02:49:20 am »

(when my turn)

Head above ground

"Yo, Priest

Give him the holy stave since it sacks.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2013, 02:59:21 am »

Continue south. The specters continue in their respective directions.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2013, 02:58:49 pm »

Continue south. The specters continue in their respective directions.

You travel south past the cross section hallway and enter a new tile. This is a hallway without passage south or west, instead turning east. Your initial search through the hallway uncovers a piece of the holy scripture! Now 1 of the four pieces is possessed by either side. To win one side will either have to kill every member on the opposite side, or find a way to steal away the holy scripture possesed by the other faction.
I am however, assuming you are willing to spend the sp to neutralize and pick up the scripture. You could leave it behind if you wish.

Spectre A (underground) leaves behind the chainmail. (which may now be taken by anyone who passes by) passes north through the wall and into a tile with passage east, west and north.the ground is partially obscured by rubble, but that will not slow the incorporeal specter down. The spectre finds holy prayer beads on this tile, but the specter may not pick up holy items.

Spectre B leaves behind the pagan relic, and continues south. The specter finds an alternate entrance into the catacombs below, but searching uncovers nothing else.

(when my turn)

Head above ground

"Yo, Priest

Give him the holy stave since it sacks.

You travel back north and ascend the staircase, ending up in the church. Unfortunately that is as far as you may go this turn. You can plainly see the priest two tiles west of you, but you will not be able to give him the stave until getting closer.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2013, 04:59:49 pm »

This just in I can't see the map AT ALL on my computer, so there's that....

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2013, 05:43:22 pm »

That is... irritating, I will see what I can do.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 12:59:15 pm »

Move towards "scapheap" and accept the stave.

Terra's thoughts; Hm, I wonder how I might use this...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 05:32:35 pm »

"Well, anyhoo... should he come upon weapons th't our levies could'a use, he be sure t' give us some of 'em, ay?"

Not waiting for any kind of awnser, Thomsen sets off. Gloriously so! Walking one pace west, he happens upon (currently) two others...;

"Why, if it ain't our Knightly Lordship and th' Sir Priest? Fancy meeting ya' here 'nd such.... Reminds us, we got a Plan t' levy some of th' local commoners for th' fighting against what-th'-unholy-thing-was-again. Tell ya' what, Sir Priest - you promise us t' give 'dem lot some healing if need be, and we be sure t' tell'em t' look out for ya. Don't want our white ma.. eh, holy man we mean!, t' come t' any harm, now do we?"

Finnishing his buisness with the "certainly-not-a-white-mage"-priest, Thomsen feels prompted to walk yet another pace west, where he should happen upon a squatter. If this is by chance only, or the threads of fate - also sometimes called "Meta" in "the other tonuge" -, we are left to wonder on our own.

Looking down at the Pleb, Thomsen feels a rush of authority coming over himself...
"You! You will be following us. Now and henceforth! Well, thou we might overthink th' matter after th' unholy thing is done for..."

Thomsen now reaches farther west, into uncharted lands! As far as his own memory, or the threads of fate go, that is. In the hopes that the commoner would accompany him, they will make a thorough search of the area...

Go 1 Tile West, and offer the Priest to become a Vassal. Well, kind off....
Go another Tile West, and use "Superiour Blood" on the NPC-Squatter there. Provided "accepting Vassalage" does not count as the use of an ability, that is.
Order my new Levy-Man to follow me another Tile West, and to search the area with me. Should the recruitment fail for whatever reasons, I will wait in the courtyard instead. Or search it, if my action-points would allow that.

(( Well, Terra, Seeing as your Priest has pretty much the most lousy attack ever, I really doubt he would be of much use in combat. Even if I should die, there is not much harm done in that regard. Those additonal 2 SP and HP would do him quite well however, and could safe his life instead. I really would suggest that you become one of my "followers" for that purpose.))
(( On that note - can the NPC's become "attuned" with items, like PC commoners? Also, do I need to be in the vicinity of those PC's that would become my followers? ))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 05:36:29 pm »

May I join? As commoner?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2013, 08:13:47 pm »

May I join? As commoner?

Stick around and you'll probably get in next round, right now I want to get through this first playtest round.

So I guess the maps arn't working for everyone, so i'm going to give a better description of a person's options and environment after each turn is processed. Sorry for the confusion everybody =p

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 08:29:02 pm »

So I guess the maps arn't working for everyone, so i'm going to give a better description of a person's options and environment after each turn is processed. Sorry for the confusion everybody =p

I would wager that taking a screenshot, cropping the unneded edges away and uploading the result would also work - and might be still less time-consuming that writing in a "visual" manner. Not that the later wouldn't be appreciated, just voicing my view on the matter. ;3

Edit:
I'll just follow along behind Thomsen for now.
With your high search? Quite welcome. Besides, the more the safer merrier "Right, 'nother meatshield is always welco-" ! Shh.. quiet you..  :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:04:19 pm by escaped lurker »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2013, 08:52:28 pm »

So last turn I bumped into a wall, whoops! What are my options for movement?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2013, 09:15:34 pm »

I'll just follow along behind Thomsen for now.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2013, 11:03:03 pm »

Move towards "scapheap" and accept the stave.

Terra's thoughts; Hm, I wonder how I might use this...

Stave acquired! You are now in the church. Hurray!

Let's go to that crossroads and search!
You move two spaces south and search the area. You find a sword in the dust! It feels somehow... wrong however, like the weapon was once owned by a murderer. (corrupt sword found, as you have no holy items you may pick it up freely, it does 1d6 damage. )

GM Note:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7