Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game  (Read 9518 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game
« on: September 09, 2013, 10:15:05 pm »

For the better part of a week i've been working on a game that i would like to give a try here. Content is currently limited but i will add more after the first playthrough. The game features two different factions working to amass power and destroy one another. One player begins play as the dark entity, the evil that the heroes seek to defeat. Gameplay features tile based gameplay, with the majority of the board being empty until tiles are explored.

Rules:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Victory Conditions

The Dark Entity

Hero's starting stats:

People May sign up at their whim, and i can concievably adjust play to fit any volume of players, but will at minimum require four to have a balanced game, if enough players are interested i may split factions and create more than one dark entity (each fighting eachother in addition to heroes). I would appreciate it if those who sign up can be reasonable sure that they can post at least once a day, but i will simply play your turn for you if something should come up and you don't post a day.

This is the very first playtest ever, so i don't have bucketloads of content yet, but that should change if by the end of this game folks want to play again.

Dark Entity: kj1225
Knight: scapheap
Priest: Terra162
Commoner: pensword
Commoner: aninimouse
Commoner: escaped lurker
Commoner: cheesecake
Commoner: Felix sparks

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:12:54 am by Mlamlah »

pensword

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:36:20 pm »

I'm up for it I'll be a commoner.
I am not going to spell my signature in typing!
Joke's on you fool!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 10:43:26 pm »

Post at least once a day? I can do that.

I'll take up the job of the evil entity.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:54:23 pm »

The Dark Entity will begin play with a helm of fear. (the random item you rolled for). A terrifying mask that will allow once a turn use of a fear effect. This may be used to cause an enemy to flee in terror as far away as they can on their next term, much the same as a dark entity would be forced to if a priest used their holy bible. The ability costs 3 sp, and the item may be given to other monsters, players or npc's. This special attack requires only line of sight.

The first commoner will begin play with an Axe. This Axe will do 1d4 points of damage, and may be attuned to to gain a special class related to the item.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:56:09 pm by Mlamlah »

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:09:27 am »

I think I'd be up for playing a Commoner.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 03:02:17 am »

I really like this. It is fairly uncomplicated for the players, and also - not counting the preperational work - does not sound too daunting a task to run either. A very nice balance work-fun-wise, at least as far as we are shown. The "normal" players also get a second chance, taking the fun longer to end. No, I truly like this.

Paint me a common man. So in on this one.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:05:03 am »

Being the Knight
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 05:35:39 am »

Commoner would be nice.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 07:31:15 am »

I would like to be a commoner as well!

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 08:07:26 am »

I Will try my hand at the Priest.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 11:28:35 am »

Being the Knight

I Will try my hand at the Priest.

In somewhat of an artsy mood today...
Guess Entity comes tomorrow thou.

I'll take up the job of the evil entity.

Well then, guess commoners might be next. Might.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:31:59 pm by escaped lurker »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 11:31:36 am »

Aninimouse will begin play with a bow, which causes 1d4 damage up to one tile away, (line of sight nececarry). May be attuned to to gain a unique class.

Escaped Lurker will begin play with a signet ring. This ring will allow a character to give orders to neutral npc's on the same tile. These characters will not be beholden to the character using the ring. The ring may be attuned to.

Cheesecake will begin play with a torch. The torch may cause 1d3 points of damage on an attack, and improves search skill by 2. The torch may be attuned to.

FelixSparks will begin also begin play with a torch.

I'm glad that interest is relatively strong, and all goes well we can begin today. I think I might cut sign up off there for the first game, just so we can make sure any clunky rules I might not have caught don't cause a game to drag on.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 06:53:35 pm »

So turns are going to go in the order of Entity-Knight-priest-commoners, but people don't need to post in a particular order. This will make it easier to run the game speedily, but also change their mind about their move before their turn has been processed.

Character sheets.

Dark Entity (kj1225)

The Knight (scapheap)

The Priest (Terra162)

Pensword the commoner

Aninimouse the commoner

Escaped Lurker the commoner

Cheesecake the commoner

The heroes begin play on the ground floor of a decrepit church in the middle of an unidentified ruin, the church has a stairwell leading into a complex of underground catacombs. The Entity begins play in an underground crypyt crisscrossed with catacombs of it's out, but also a stairwell leading up into the wild forest aboveground. I'm not going to tell you how close to eachother you are right now, though each of you will know where north and south is. Who is venturing aboveground or belowground? And which heroes will choose to separate or stay together?
The Entity knows that the forces of humanity have arrayed to stop it, and the humans have assembled to find the holy texts nececarry to banish the creature forever, or perhaps destroy it themselves with might and magic.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:55:58 pm by Mlamlah »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 07:02:14 pm »

I choose to go North, Underground! If someone wants to come with me, preferably someone with a weapon, I won't say no. But I should be ok on my own.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 07:06:16 pm »

I will remind commoners that should they so wish they may immediately attune to items in their inventory, and trade items freely. Of course it might also prove wise to look for more items in order to increase the options available.

Also: sweet artwork escaped lurker! Pleased to see you add your own flourish to the game ^^
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:08:46 pm by Mlamlah »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7