Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game  (Read 9526 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 11:01:38 am »

I will go North, Underground

You descend into the depths, sword held aloft. Your initial scan of the entrance of the catacombs comes close to being fruitless, but out of the corner of your eye you eye a book covered in thick dust. Though as you approach you feel palpable corruption on the item. You cannot pick up or use this item without dropping all of your holy items. (necromancer tome located, monastery catacombs entrance.)

This section of the catacombs has passage north and south. You decide to take the route north, but find the path blocked by heavy debris from a cave-in. You initially find nothing in the hallway, but having nothing else to do this turn spend time sifting through some of the debris, and are deeply rewarded for the trouble.

Holy scripture found! 1/4 in possession of the heroes.

(lucky lucky rolls scapheap =p)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 11:08:34 am »

I move one tile West and search.

Terra's thoughts; I would hope to find a alter or such to pray to my god('s).

(DO we even have alters?)

You move into the aboveground ruins and come into a large open courtyard, which will hinder movement in no direction. You initially see one of the squatters that claim residence in the ruins, though he has little interest in your or the members of your party. You come upon a sling laying in the dirt after committing some time to the search.. (1D2 damage up to one tile away.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 07:19:01 pm »

Though as you approach you feel palpable corruption on the item. You cannot pick up or use this item without dropping all of your holy items. (necromancer tome located, monastery catacombs entrance.)

((... why do I fear the obvious?))

((So let me ask beforehand - could that tome be attuned to, and what consequences and or results would it have on the commoner doing so? Especially his alignment comes to mind... Also, the priest - unlike the entity - has no way of nullifying such artifacts. This just might be deplorable.))

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »

(About that tome.... That's the Square I'm heading to..... I should totally attune with it.)

pensword

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »

I'll go south and search my tile
I am not going to spell my signature in typing!
Joke's on you fool!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 10:30:26 pm »

Pensword leaves the temple through the southern exit. And comes upon an area with a stone wall blocking passage to the east.
Initial search through the area turns up nothing, but further investigation uncovers a holy stave.

Aninimouse spends time in the temple limbering his limbs and practicing with a bow. Aninimouse becomes a Hunter! His stats change accordingly:

7/7 HP
4/4 SP
Speed:6
Attack: 3
Search: 6

Skills:
Wilderness Lore: a hunter is not effected by movement penalties on wilderness tiles, on wilderness tiles a hunters search skill is effectively 10, meaning they never have to roll search on a wilderness tile.

Keen Eye: a hunter improves damage with all bows by one. A hunter may attack anyone within line of sight with a bow, though damage from more than one tile away is reduced by half, and costs two SP.

Escaped Lurker moves out the east entrance, and comes to an area with passage only back west and north. The ways east and south are both walled off.
Your initial search proves you mistaken. There *is* passage south through a narrow hole in the wall, though it will take two movement points to shimmy through. Further searching finds a fine vestment tucked into that very same hole. (fine clothes, improves SP by one while worn.)

FelixSparks eagerly delves down into the catacombs and grabs the necromancer tome. (A quick read finds that one may use the tome to summon a spectre quite easily, much the same as the dark entity would, at the cost of 5 sp, though a slightly different incantation includes the possibility of merely spending all of a users SP to summon a spectre. )

GM NOTES:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheesecake spends his time hand-wringing in the church. He isn't sure why he came here in the first place, this whole affair is just much bigger than him.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:46:02 pm by Mlamlah »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2013, 11:31:09 pm »

The Entity goes back down to the catacombs. He orders the specter above ground to go south. The specter below ground is to go north.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2013, 11:33:25 pm »

Dyer Thomsen don's the new-found fine clothing, scrubs some dirt out of it and his face - and tries his best to get his hair under control. Checking the vicinity, he concludes that no-one should be able to hear him right now. The combination of fine clothing and signet-ring prompts him to do some noble impressions.

Being haughty;

"Well, well, Commoner - Wha' th' matter?"

Being wise and philosophical;
"What is a man, but a dirty pile of cloth in need of cleaning?!"

Giving impressionate speeches;
"When me told 'em about building a hov'l in th' swamp, they thought me crazy...."

Rallying to raise the morale of his non-existing following;
"... And th' day may come when our guts are spilled, our bones broken, our weapons cast away... But th' day is not today! ... Me-thinks. Hopes. Anyways, charge already!"

... Well, at least what he assumes noble's would say and act like. To be honest, he is doing not that good a job of it, but he is very taken by this fancy none-the-less.

Equip fine clothing. Attune with signet-ring.

Aw yeah, that smooth grin. That smooth grin.

( Yeah... decided to be goofy for this one. No, seriously - attuning yourself to a signet-ring, normaly sign of a noble - That... has to work like that. Only way I could envision it. )
(For those that might notice - yes, his colour and job are for "that" reason. Best part of the job afterall. :P)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:01:59 am by escaped lurker »

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2013, 03:03:40 pm »

( I would like to join. I usually come on here more than twice a day just to search but can play no problem :D )

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2013, 03:07:16 pm »

I'll hold onto the Necromancy book for now. No telling if I'd be able to handle it or not. I'll head North another space and search there!

"Sir Knight, I found something! I'll hang onto it, but it looks like powerful magicks.... Probably best not to tamper...."

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 05:07:24 pm »

( I would like to join. I usually come on here more than twice a day just to search but can play no problem :D )

I'll try to give cheesecake a shout, but i'm tentatively willing to give you control of his character for the moment.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2013, 07:19:30 pm »

Character sheets.

Dark Entity (kj1225)

The Knight (scapheap)

The Priest (Terra162)

Pensword the commoner

Aninimouse the hunter

Escaped Lurker the commoner

Cheesecake the commoner

FelixSparks the commoner

Aboveground heroview
Oh look it's almost everyone.

Below ground heroes.

So the maps are mostly just there to provide visual reference, as this game is mostly designed as a board game, and is hard to use otherwise. It's a bit of a pain to use, so try not to pay too close attention to it, but it will be there if you need reference, and i'll try to keep it updated.
Each 4 "space" area is a tile, one space just isn't large enough to work with.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:50:47 pm by Mlamlah »

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2013, 09:25:42 pm »

Move one tile East and Search.

Terra's thoughts; What would I use this sling for? Maybe I could use it as a bandage, if I get cut. There are just so many dangers in this unholy world.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »

If by tomorrow he does nothing I'll start playing as him. I'll give him a chance to respond.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2013, 11:07:26 pm »

The Entity goes back down to the catacombs. He orders the specter above ground to go south. The specter below ground is to go north.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7