Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game  (Read 9534 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Entity, a multiplayer fantasy-horror game
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 07:11:04 pm »

(( Out of Interest, and because the information is implied - by priest and knight-changes - but not totally clear. Is it possible to re-attune as a commoner, or is one bound to the first gained "class"? ))

"Well then, with th' permission of our Knightly Lordship, I wager that we folks go split up exploring with him and the Sir Priest. Don't want tha' thing to be the end of us, y'see?"

Not waiting for any awnsers, the pleb continues - before walking off in the nearer vicinity;

"As for meself, dank places aren't that me thing. Would'a like it more here in th' sun..."

Eh, my turn? Oh, right; ;3 - I will go one "tile" east, and search it.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:30 pm »

Allow me to clarify....

"Well, I got this torch here... So I'd better check below, where the light will help! Anyone who wants to come with can assist!"

I then move one tile NORTH in the CATACOMBS, and search!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 07:55:34 pm »

I will stay behind for the moment to attune myself to my Bow.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 08:45:37 pm »

(( Out of Interest, and because the information is implied - by priest and knight-changes - but not totally clear. Is it possible to re-attune as a commoner, or is one bound to the first gained "class"? ))

Only commoners may attune to any object. However there are special items that most can attune to even as an ex commoner. Knights and priests have only a couple things they can attune to though, namely relics.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 08:49:53 pm »

I move one tile West and search.

Terra's thoughts; I would hope to find a alter or such to pray to my god('s).

(DO we even have alters?)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 08:53:40 pm »

I move one tile West and search.

Terra's thoughts; I would hope to find a alter or such to pray to my god('s).

(DO we even have alters?)

Being in a church you are in luck on that score. Though there may also be holy shrines scattered in the aboveground ruins, or possibly even the belowground catacombs.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 08:57:57 pm »

On note of game lore, what sort of Priest am I? What sort of Deity do I worship?

Should I send anymore questions I have in a PM? Or just edit this post? XD

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »

On note of game lore, what sort of Priest am I? What sort of Deity do I worship?

Should I send anymore questions I have in a PM? Or just edit this post? XD

You are the priest of -insert generic judeachristian god here-, I havn't spent much time exploring the lore of this game yet, but for the moment you may make the assumption of western-european culture and religious beliefs.Also present in the game are unlockable pagan classes, along with a conversion system for "holy" classes if you feel like playing something a little different. As we are still fairly early in the game, and this is the very first playtest, I would be pleased to answer any questions you have, communicated via any method you feel comfortable with. I'm not too worried about strict tone or thread composition yet, and will save those considerations for future games.

Play the game how you like for now, and just have fun with it. ^^

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »

So you're making it up as you go? :P I will hold nothing back, just tell me when something is unacceptable.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 09:14:19 pm »

So you're making it up as you go? :P I will hold nothing back, just tell me when something is unacceptable.

Lore-wise? Yes for the moment. When I first had the idea for this I wanted to playtest it as soon as possible, so most of what I did was just create tables to roll randomly for stuff on, along with a very basic ruleset.
I want to see how players play the game, and that way I can better tune rules and craft lore for the setting, and generally add more stuff for players to interact with.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:12 pm »

The Dark Entity chuckles.
"These foolish mortals shall regret the day they tried to stop me!"

I spawn a Specter and then go above ground. I search the tile I am on above ground and summon a Specter there as well.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »

The Dark Entity chuckles.
"These foolish mortals shall regret the day they tried to stop me!"

I spawn a Specter and then go above ground. I search the tile I am on above ground and summon a Specter there as well.

Both of your Spectres may begin moving and searching on your next turn.

As you bring your only partially corporeal body out of the threshold of the crypt you see that the area is covered in thick undergrowth. Enough to slow movement through the area (requires two movement points to move through rather than one.)
Your initial search of the area (9+5=14) rewards you, though with poor fare. You see a pitchfork thrust into the dirt. A pitiful weapon, but serviceable enough. (the pitchfork does 1d3 points of damage on a successful attack.) With it you would be able to do physical harm to an opponent, in addition to sapping their life with your touch of evil.

You spend additional time searching the area (14+5=19) and come upon an Axe, a much better weapon than the pitchfork. (the Axe does 1D4 damage.) you can only use one weapon at a time, but you suppose it's possible you could arm a servant in the future with whatever weapon you do not use.

You may spend the remainder of your turn moving any direction through the undergrowth if you so wish, or retreat back into the catacombs. For reference I will post a map with the area you have explored later. If you don't move the Knight's turn will be processed next.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 09:48:06 pm »

The Entity frowns. He decides to go north.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 09:53:26 pm »

Moving out of the thick underbrush you come upon an aged and decrepit wall, possibly part of some structure long ago. It blocks further passage north, though it could be passed by an incorporeal creature. Movement either east or west is entirely unhindered.

Your initial search of the area yields nothing.

(scapheap's turn will be processed next)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:56:36 pm by Mlamlah »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 10:31:17 am »

I will go North, Underground
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7