Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44027 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Relentless bludgeoning of a snake
« Reply #420 on: October 09, 2013, 10:22:02 am »

((Does that work that way? I thought that once the rune was made it worked on its own. If the former is the case, then yes))
((If it's a really minor effect, like Draco's light source, I'm considering it pretty much passive, you just have to tell me when to turn it on and off. If it's a more instantaneous and major thing, it's going to require channeling.

Also, I was just asked if you can PM me turns, and that would be perfectly acceptable to me.

Final note, this coming week and weekend will be a rough one for me, so forgive me if updating takes a while. After next Friday I will have a lot of time, and I'll work on improving the quality of basically everything I'm doing.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 09, 2013, 10:58:35 am »

((Well, I want it to be a passive effect, and to be on.

About updating and stuff, don't worry, Bay12 can always wait, RL is more important.))

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 09, 2013, 11:02:08 am »

RL> Bay12 definitely. So no worries :)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 09, 2013, 12:06:57 pm »

Look around the room
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 11, 2013, 10:04:50 pm »

Fun fact: A lute is a medieval instrument resembling a guitar or banjo. A lute is in no way related to a flute except by the fact that they both sound pretty. (Sorry for the confusion)
((Lol. I definitely was aware of that. I even put lute in your character sheet, I think I must have misread that when I was posting your action.

I'm right now working on the update, planning on finishing it tonight, because I need a break from coursework.))
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 11, 2013, 10:39:55 pm »

Tomcost put his new rune in the dirt next to one of his seeds he collected. (6) Not noticing what seed he set down, he activated the rune with a burst of magic. Suddenly vines began sprouting out of the ground, and Tomcost was momentarily pleased with his work, until he realized he had created an incredibly large version of a Spitting Twilight plant. To make matters worse, or at least stranger (1), he felt his use of magic had changed him, but the unusually large and overtly violent plant was the bigger concern at the moment…

Meanwhile, the previous threat was being dealt with in the only way Persus knew, gratuitous and ostentatious smashing of the object in question. (6) It is in that spirit that he decided to use the snake’s head as a golf ball, with a strange makeshift crucifix as the golf club. The result was that the snakes head was smashed to pieces against the nearby wall, and the crucifix, which had seen more stylish violence than any other crucifix, broke. While Persus mourned the loss of his second crucifix of the journey, Draco was far more annoyed that there was no chance of isolating any venom now. There was still plenty of snake body to get to work on, and he managed to get (4) some sizable filets. (+9 uncooked food)

Scapheap decided it was time to look around the snake’s dwelling. He found a small pile of bones in one corner, and a number of large bulbous mushrooms in another, but for the most part this particular room consisted merely of a quite spacious opening, with the only exit being the way which they had come from.

Patrick continued with his solitary goal, training a hunting companion. This time around his attempt went much better (3+1) and he felt quite certain that he could safely let Waldo off the leash, and that he might even be helpful in combat. This thought was interrupted by the realization that vines were quickly filling the chamber...

Urist continued with his fascination with rocks and sticks, and managed to produce 5 very high quality (5+1) throwing axes, which he quickly enchanted quite successfully (4), only to find that he could not properly release the magic (2) resulting in some unknown change in his physiology. All he knew was that he was suddenly quite hungry, and that large plant in the corner looked close to edible…

Rune managed to cook his bird (5) and even rendered its oily fat, of which there was much. After he was done he realized the bird must have been mostly fat. After that he tried doing something accidentally, (3) but he only managed to do what he had been intending, which is to say not doing the thing he would have done accidentally.

Juppa (4) with the help of ICBM (+1) managed to find a low lying plant with broad leaves and spiny fruits that tasted quite good. (+6 food) Juppa then whistled a tune to try to convince the magic to leave him, and (5) succeeded in cleansing himself. ICBM also found himself wondering why his companion had a flute, only to see it spontaneously transform into a lute. It’s funny the tricks your mind can play on you. Now you’re wondering why he has a lute, so the resolution of the mental trickery didn’t get you very far, but at least you’re a little closer to reality than you had been.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Alex Shater (Urist) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Rune (Coolrune) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Juppha (Juppah) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  John Doe (ICBM) (click to show/hide)
My Area

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 12, 2013, 12:32:40 am »

Yay!!! An update! Danku Samarkand <3 Now for da turn:

Search for water. Find a nice place in the jungle and play twinkle-twinkle little star on my lute search my book for a protective song to help with the hail problem. !!!ChAnNeL tHe MaGic!!!. Assist ICBM as needed.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 12, 2013, 05:22:36 am »

Use two sticks and some leaves to create a portable umbrella. Start Hunting
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 12, 2013, 05:33:05 am »

Use my claws to hack a way outside.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 12, 2013, 08:26:27 am »

Throw throwing axes at plant. Then run

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2013, 08:40:35 am »

Take the rune away from the growing plant, then try to cut its stalk, or at least the parts used to spit acid.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2013, 09:49:49 am »

Head back out the way we came, and explore some other part of the cave.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2013, 02:18:15 pm »

Head down the last path
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2013, 05:17:39 pm »

Repair my broken crucifix.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2013, 02:25:28 pm »

find something to store the hail in, then use it as a hat and try to get farther away from reality.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:27:13 pm by ICBM pilot »
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35