Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44016 times)

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Relentless bludgeoning of a snake
« Reply #406 on: October 07, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »

wake up
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 07, 2013, 09:35:15 pm »

Waiting on....*searches thread* Oh Scapheap. Right. *Twiddle thumbs* 

Also in case anyone was wondering. The inspirational song I sing is this one. (If it isn't in my book I might die) :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU#t=40

:3
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:38:13 pm by Juppah »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 08, 2013, 04:08:06 am »

Attack again
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:45 pm »

Rune (5) finally succeeded in lighting a fire. His attempts to craft a rune-stone (2)were met with less success however, he mostly ended up hitting a rock with the flat of his knife. Quite the misnomer.

Tomcost, however, managed to craft a rune (5)which he fairly distinctly felt was the opposite of his earlier attempt. Hopefully this one wouldn’t merely decay...

Patrick tried (1+1) to convince Waldo to attack, but ended up convincing him to roll over. Not quite as useful in combat, at least not till he makes the minor linguistic leap from roll over to reroll.

Urist(5) made himself the proud owner of a large pile of rocks of varying shapes and sizes.

Meanwhile, the beating of the snake continued. Draco felt convinced his bludgeoning tool was vastly superior to Persus’ , and figured he could show Persus up. However, (3 vs 2) he only managed to score a few glancing strikes against the snake, and without any notable embellishments. Scapheap (5 vs 3) got into his rhythm to a greater degree, and managed to cut the back of the snakes tail up quite severely. Persus, not to be outdone by his companions, ran up a wall and did a double backflip in the air, bringing his crucifix down squarely on the snake’s head. After all of this beating, the snake is finally unconscious.(Persus has gained the feat Flashy Fighter - He gets a +1 to all subsequent rolls in a battle after rolling a 6)

Juppah woke up and (4) quickly grabbed his flute from off the sandy beach, squealing with joy. He quickly decided that squealing was not the proper sound at this moment, and played a song of reunion (4). This song aiding his search, he (3+1) quickly found Juppah (4), who was in the process of waking up.(3) However, the magic did not leave his body entirely, and he felt that if exposed to more magic it would build up to a critical point. (1) On a note which could not possibly be related to 9 people wandering a violent wilderness with no guarantees of food or shelter, the universe felt unmotivated to roll any more die related to Juppah. Seems like an odd thing to know, but there it is.

As all this occurred, it began to hail. Finding shelter soon would be of the utmost importance for our unprotected survivors.

((How do people feel about me putting rolls in abbr text over the actions? Also, I haven’t forgotten about the effect on Draco from his earlier magic, he just hasn’t had a chance to discover it.))
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Alex Shater (Urist) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Rune (Coolrune) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Juppha (Juppah) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  John Doe (ICBM) (click to show/hide)

My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 08, 2013, 03:05:21 pm »

Put a seed in dirt, put rune that is the opposite of decay near it and watch.

((about rolls and tags: I don't think that it would be necessary, I'm fine with the system))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 08, 2013, 03:08:39 pm »

((about rolls and tags: I don't think that it would be necessary, I'm fine with the system))
((Just to be clear, you're channeling magic into the rune?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 08, 2013, 03:22:11 pm »

Continue training.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 08, 2013, 03:30:52 pm »

Fun fact: A lute is a medieval instrument resembling a guitar or banjo. A lute is in no way related to a flute except by the fact that they both sound pretty. (Sorry for the confusion)

Also did I find myself or ICBM? 
I am going to assume I found ICBM.
Say "Ho stranger! Me thinks we should get out of this downpour before someone gets their eyes knocked out. Let's head for the treeline aye? Maybe we can find some grub to settle the gut. Head for the treeline. If ICBM follows stick together while looking for food. If it isn't too much trouble for the universe... whistle magical a tune with the purpose of getting all of the magic out of my system(and to aid in the finding of food)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 08, 2013, 03:37:04 pm »

"Guys, let's kill and cook the snake! We can also make weapons from it's fangs!"

Kill the snake.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 08, 2013, 03:42:04 pm »

Cook the bird, and "Accidentally" stumble upon the two lone people. Offer them cooked bird.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 08, 2013, 04:32:39 pm »

Make throwing axes. enchant them with runes of accuaracy

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 08, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

((Just to be clear, you're channeling magic into the rune?))
((Does that work that way? I thought that once the rune was made it worked on its own. If the former is the case, then yes))

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 08, 2013, 06:02:28 pm »

If the snake is venomous, try to extract some of it's venom.  (If we don't have anything to hold it, carve some sort of cup/bowl to hold the venom).  If not, help to butcher it's corpse.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:13:06 am by draco1234 »

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 09, 2013, 01:01:26 am »

try to find something to eat(if rune tries to cook us and then offer us to a bird, cook him instead) and wonder why that other guy has a flute
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:03:33 am by ICBM pilot »
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35