Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44068 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Paths are split
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2013, 05:01:17 pm »

Charge at the snake and try to hit it in the head with my spiked club.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 04, 2013, 07:56:40 pm »

(4+1) Patrick began making substantially better progress with Waldo, who now responds with curiosity and excitement to his name, as opposed to violence. Perhaps he's ready for some specific training. (5) While doing this, Patrick realized that the way Waldo's claws sit on his paws would be a perfect inspiration for a clawed weapon of his own!

(6) Urist washed his scratches in the stream before bandaging it up with a couple of large leaves. He actually managed to bandage both legs very tightly, together. Barely able to walk, he at least felt better about the wounds on his legs.

(2) Tomcost tried carving small charms to augment his staff and make it possibly able to bind souls, but wasn't able to create anything that seemed effective to him.

(4 vs 3) Scapheap managed to twist his halberd down to try to strike the snake, but the snake reacted to quickly, uncoiling and putting distance between itself and Scapheap. (2 vs 1)Draco saw this as an opportunity and rushed in with his club, but ended up barely grazing the side of the snake. Hearing shouts about snakes, and feeling rather adventurous, Persus (4 vs 1) burst in and managed to bludgeon the snake fairly well across the head, leaving it dazed and disoriented. Attempting to retaliate (1 -1 from disorientation vs 1) the snake managed to trip, even lacking legs, while springing towards Persus. Seeing how effectively Persus acted with a very inappropriate weapon for the job, Scapheap and Draco both felt a little embarrassed.

(1)(4) Rune got lost on the way to his shelter, which he had been standing next to, and tried to light a fire elsewhere. It didn't work well, because he was in a stream. He decided to give up on that task and go look for water, but only took a couple steps before he realized he was in a stream.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Alex Shater (Urist) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Rune (Coolrune) (click to show/hide)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2013, 08:01:36 pm »

I like how my weapon of choice is an old instrument of torture turned religious symbol. And I'm using it to bludgeon the cave snake to death.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2013, 08:11:38 pm »

Back to my base, light a fire, cook stuff, make more grappling arrows.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 04, 2013, 09:20:47 pm »

Make said weapon, train Waldo to track/hunt with me.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #380 on: October 04, 2013, 11:59:49 pm »

((Does this game have a waistlist?))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2013, 12:00:54 am »

((Does this game have a waistlist?))
((If you would like it to, then it most certainly can. :) ))
My Area

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2013, 12:03:39 am »

((Yes Please. I like games with wilderness survival aspects :) ))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2013, 12:43:29 am »

((Yes Please. I like games with wilderness survival aspects :) ))
((Either post or pm me a character sheet then.))
My Area

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2013, 03:40:31 am »

Continue to try and bludgeon the snake to death.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2013, 04:18:33 am »

Slash it some more
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2013, 05:56:49 am »

Joben, join me! I need more hands!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2013, 07:18:52 am »

Try to find vines with out gettng hurt

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2013, 11:47:10 am »

((When the heck did this update??))

Go outside and look for more edible plants.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 06, 2013, 12:38:31 pm »

Tomcost (3+1) found a type of vine with edible and nonviolent fruits, and brought back as many as he could carry. Urist (6) followed Tomcost, found the vines, and proceeded to wrap himself up in them, walking slowly back as a human spool. (+7 food, and one vine covered Urist)

Patrick (3+1) was successful in craft claw shaped weapons for his hands out of claws, thanks to careful planning. Actually nobody was quite sure how he could have screwed up putting claws on his hands, but everybody is equally certain if he hadn't planned it out carefully something would have gone wrong. (1+1) Waldo ended up ignoring Patrick's commands, preferring to lick himself.

In the other room, much slashing and bludgeoning took place. Persus (6 vs 6) had arguably the most epic showdown with a snake using a crucifix that has ever been seen. Both individuals launched themselves in the air at each other, the snake twisting and writhing to dodge Persus' swipes of his cross. The aerial acrobatics came to an end with both parties exactly where they began, staring each other down. Scapheap and Draco were again astonished by their companions ability to beat things with a religious symbol. As they recovered from this shock, Draco (6 vs 4) tried to imitate Persus' feat, only with an actual weapon. The snake gave a sigh of annoyance as it launched itself to meet it's latest adversary. Going through the whole fight scene again, the snake wasn't on it's game this time, taking a number of scratches, including a particularly deep one on it's belly. Scapheap (3 vs 2) was feeling a little insecure about his abilities after all of this show of amazingness, tried to replicate the feats of those before him. He sorta stumbled over himself as he launched himself into the air, but the snake was getting worn down, so he still managed to get a chunk of skin off above the snakes eye. Landing barely on his feet, Scapheap straightened himself up and looked at his fellow survivors, hoping none of them had noticed how poorly he did compared to them. They had. (2) The snake was far too wearied to respond.

Rune was fighting the less tangible enemy of hunger. (1) His attempt to light a fire was again met with not even a spark. (3+1) He did manage to make three more grappling arrows though.
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Alex Shater (Urist) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Rune (Coolrune) (click to show/hide)
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35