Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: (TSG) Station Day - Day One, Arrival  (Read 10471 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: (TSG) Station Day - Inspired by Papers, Please - Day One
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 09:11:50 pm »

Well that's not his sheet but.. Okay? I'll start writing the turn. Votes are still open until I get it out.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 09:43:49 pm »

I just realised Aseaheru erased his speech. I remember one being there.. Why did you delete it?  ??? 

Ach, well since Escaped Lurker's is the only one that's actually got a finished sheet, I'm defaulting to his. Turn up as soon as I swap the sheets.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 09:45:39 pm »

You look over your men, casting a long, weary gaze over your new home. You let a deep sigh issue from your chest. Let's get this over with..

Most nod a solemn agreement but at least one looks a bit disappointed. You dismount your horse and one of the men walks him over to your hut and hitches him on a wooden post protruding from the wall. He falls back into the ranks as you dust the sand of travel from your robes and eye the men collected before you. They're all in average shape, and it's obvious by the way they hold themselves that they weren't given much training before being sent here, which wasn't unanticipated. None of them are armed, but at least they're all uniformed - each of them wears dyed blue robes and a green sash, wrap, or mask - that much you are thankful for.

They wait expectantly for you to sort them out. The station opens an hour from now and you need to get the men armed, and decide where they should all be positioned and what responsibilities each should be delegated. It's the first day, and you expect mostly groups of nomads and merchants with animals and perhaps the occasional cart.

---

Station
Captain's Hut - A dried clay building that has a bed, a desk for important documents and a heavy wardrobe with a lock for clothing, weapons and other important items, as well as a wooden door for added privacy and safety
Barracks - A squat, open building made from wicker packed dirt that can comfortably house 20 men; also used to store arms and supplies
Small Tower - Three tall logs leant against one another and lashed together at the top; provides a vantage point for guards
Prison Box - Accommodates 1 prisoner
Well - A hole in the ground where water is drawn from

Personnel
8 Green Militia

Stores
2 Spears
4 Scimitars
1 Lasrifle, Marksman Pattern
1 Laspistol
1 Starved Horse

Procedure
- Allow merchants and natives
- Run the poor off
- Deal with others as you see fit
- Honour the Sultan

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Possessions
Scimitar
Auto-Revolver
Order Deposition
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:48:48 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 11:46:54 pm »

Four posts in a row. Wyatt I am rolling.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 01:10:51 am »

Ask the men if they have any experience at all, and distribute the weapons accordingly.
Our guts also work on this, like giving the scrawniest one the lasers or whatnot.

Arrange a shift of some sorts, but we always want at least 4 men on duty at the uh.. gate, and one ranged one in the lookout.

This includes at least 1 on night-duty, mind me.

Oversee them for now.
Either we show them the ropes or no one will. Dont be too harsh on the nomads and traders thou - we dont need bad blood right from the start, do we?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 01:27:28 am »

Ask the men if they have any experience at all, and distribute the weapons accordingly.
Our guts also work on this, like giving the scrawniest one the lasers or whatnot.

Arrange a shift of some sorts, but we always want at least 4 men on duty at the uh.. gate, and one ranged one in the lookout.

This includes at least 1 on night-duty, mind me.

Oversee them for now.
Either we show them the ropes or no one will. Dont be too harsh on the nomads and traders thou - we dont need bad blood right from the start, do we?
1+

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:16 am »

Your facility is located on one side of a small unmarked dirt path, beaten by the passage of feet, hooves and wheeled carts. The path runs the entire length of the Day Valley and part of the way out either end.

You talk with the men, asking about their experiences in the Sultan's militia. They say nothing at first, but a young man with darkly toned skin, more so than the others, and the only one with a bit of scruff on his cheeks, speaks up with an earnest tone. My Captain, we're all volunteers. People who were picked up off the street of their own will. He scratches his scalp beneath his head wrap. We never received any formal training, but we are all initiated adults. We can most of us shoot and all of us fight, at least as well as our bodies allow us. We'll do our best to serve you Miss, but I'm afraid we couldn't promise any more than that.. He looks around, and the others mutter an agreement.

One of the scrawnier men raises his hand and introduces himself. Er, Assal.. Miss.. My brother and I.. He elbows the even skinnier fellow next to him and he hesitates before waving plaintively, apparently intimidated by you. We used to play at herding. I think.. The words escape him, but they return when looks you in the eye and sees what lies within them. His voice carries a determined note, one that wasn't there before. We can handle those spears. Well enough at least. You look at him carefully for a moment, then nod and gesture for them to retrieve their weapons.

By the time Assal and his brother, of the name Lola, have beat their return you've already struck up a light conversation with the remaining soldiers, who seem to have taken a bit of pride in their new work and amongst themselves determined who the four strongest are. You give Hon, Jamai, Ghorma and Plisk each a brand new scimitar, and they seem just as pleased as the brothers were and are the six of them all caught up admiring one another's weapons, complementing the other on how fine and wicked they are when you bring up to them the issue of who the guns should go to. They all of them agree that it should either go to the scruffy man (who still hasn't introduced himself) or Haru, a fellow with a hawk's eyes, not a native but still a subject of the Sultan, who they all claim hasn't spoken a word since they were all herded onto the caravan that drove them here. He remains silent as you speak about him.

---

Station
Captain's Hut - A dried clay building that has a bed, a desk for important documents and a heavy wardrobe with a lock for clothing, weapons and other important items, as well as a wooden door for added privacy and safety
Barracks - A squat, open building made from wicker packed dirt that can comfortably house 20 men; also used to store arms and supplies
Small Tower - Three tall logs leant against one another and lashed together at the top; provides a vantage point for guards

Personnel
--8 Green Militia--
Assal - Spear
Lola - Spear
Hon - Scimitar
Plisk - Scimitar
Jamai - Scimitar
Ghorma - Scimitar
Beard? - N/A
Haru - N/A

Stores
2 Spears
4 Scimitars
1 Laspistol
1 Starved Horse

Procedure
- Run the poor off
- Honour the Sultan

Possessions
Scimitar
Auto-Revolver
Order Deposition

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 03:15:49 am »

Speak to them and try to learn about their past. Were they criminals? Did they fight before? Can they handle lasguns? And get to know the motives of everyone for joining.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 04:14:31 am »

You ask Beard and Haru about what they did before they were recruited. Beard goes off on a tangent, saying that he was a tailor's apprentice and an amateur peddler. There really isn't much to it, and he sounds like he had a perfectly normal life up until now, though perhaps slightly more well off than the others. He decided to join the militia when it became apparent that he really wasn't very good at sewing people's robes back up, and he says that he avoided every lesson if he could help it.

Even when Beard has finished his story Haru remains silent, and he volunteers no information. You ask him if he was a criminal and his eyes flicker towards you. His gaze is dangerous and when he yanks his mask down his mouth is twisted into a scowl. He launches into a tale of his own.

I hunted with my father in the sands. We ate what we caught and sold what we couldn't. We lived on nothing but we were happy, just living on our own, together.. His eyes go down again. One day a guard caught us with a snake, the kind we had been eating for years and took us in. When the state accused us of poaching they tried to take my hands. My father begged and begged, for weeks, and in the end they relented, and decided to do something much worse instead. They took my father's rifle. We were on the streets, and he performed manual labour for three years, breaking his back every day just to keep me alive. We were always on the streets, and really nothing had changed, but for some reason this sort of work, though it was no more intense, was so much more terrible. It was demeaning, and I could tell every day that he came back to our hovel that he took no pride in it! The fire had gone from him, and he was as an empty shell.

He did as he always did. Never took any of the bread. Only the crumbs. And one day he simply died in his sleep. I buried him without marker nor ceremony, in the desert, as he would have wanted..
Haru's lip is trembling by now, and you can see angry tears welling up in his eyes. My father died the day the Sultan took his rifle! I. Am. No. Criminal. He cries, choking on the last few words.

Haru wipes his eyes and turns away, ashamed. Everyone is stunned, their mouths agape.
---

Station

Personnel
--8 Green Militia--
Assal - Spear
Lola - Spear
Hon - Scimitar
Plisk - Scimitar
Jamai - Scimitar
Ghorma - Scimitar
Beard? - N/A
Haru - N/A

Stores
2 Spears
4 Scimitars
1 Laspistol
1 Starved Horse

Procedure
- Run the poor off
- Honour the Sultan

Possessions
Scimitar
Auto-Revolver
Order Deposition

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 04:25:49 am »

Give him the best gun.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 05:48:34 am »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 06:35:28 am »

Give him the best gun.
Agreed.
No need to add anything I think. So laspistol to beard it is.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 08:15:37 am »

PTW.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 01:58:49 pm »

Give him the best gun.
Agreed.
No need to add anything I think. So laspistol to beard it is.
Well you could perhaps say a few words seeing as how he just poured his heart onto the ground in front of everyone. Unless you think ignoring it and just handing him his gun is the best way to handle it. Either way is viable depending on the particular way you go about it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 02:52:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haru gets the rifle, Ask Beard how good he is at riding. We can be our dispatch person/chaser down of the baddies.

As for Haru, apologize for his loss and that of his father. After all, misplaced justice is worse than no justice.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11