Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: (TSG) Station Day - Day One, Arrival  (Read 10454 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: (TSG) Station Day - Inspired by Papers, Please - Day One
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 02:59:57 pm »

I am a tiny bit confused as why we went for Shey... And I removed the speech because it was bugging me too much.
I went with Shey because I wanted to get going. I liked your speech but you got rid of it, so I went with the only other character that was complete.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 03:09:10 pm »

Ah. That had a speech?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 03:31:59 pm »

Ah. That had a speech?
Yeah. It wasn't much of one but it was there.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 03:33:01 pm »

Oh. I had read it and was confused by it and later thought that we did not need to write a speech, just how we did it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 03:41:36 pm »

Oh. I had read it and was confused by it and later thought that we did not need to write a speech, just how we did it.
Ah. That's okay though. Maybe yours will make a guest appearance.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

Perhaps. Who knows, if we do really well with this outpost perhaps you will just move our focus to a new one. Or something. Heck, have him as a grunt or some sort of assistant.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 03:46:21 pm »

Perhaps. Who knows, if we do really well with this outpost perhaps you will just move our focus to a new one. Or something. Heck, have him as a grunt or some sort of assistant.
Yeah. Either he'll be an immigrant or show up as a recruit.

Turn up soon.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »

Woo!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 04:11:41 pm »

You glance at Haru, then take the Lasrifle from Assal, who retrieved it from the barracks along with the spears and had been holding it. You turn Haru around, grasping his arm and pushing the rifle into his hands. I'm sorry for what happened to your father, what they did to him was wrong. Nothing can make up for the wrongdoings done against him.. but he lives on through you, and your actions. Haru.. You place your hand on his shoulder. Show us what he taught you. He hangs his head, then takes the lasrifle, nodding.

You give Beard the laspistol and ask him if he's ever had any riding experience. Everyone laughs, and Beard grins himself. Does the Sultan eat three times a day? Of course I've ridden before! Certainly just as much if not more than this ragged lot. You show him the horse. Wow. Er, I mean.. Thanks?

---

Station
Captain's Hut - A dried clay building that has a bed, a desk for important documents and a heavy wardrobe with a lock for clothing, weapons and other important items, as well as a wooden door for added privacy and safety
Barracks - A squat, open building made from wicker packed dirt that can comfortably house 20 men; also used to store arms and supplies
Small Tower - Three tall logs leant against one another and lashed together at the top; provides a vantage point for guards
Prison Box - Accommodates 1 prisoner
Well - A hole in the ground where water is drawn from

Personnel
--8 Green Militia--
Assal - Spear
Lola - Spear
Hon - Scimitar
Plisk - Scimitar
Jamai - Scimitar
Ghorma - Scimitar
Beard? - Laspistol
Haru - Marksman Pattern Lasrifle

Stores
2 Spears
4 Scimitars
1 Lasrifle, Marksman Pattern
1 Laspistol
1 Starved Horse

Procedure
- Allow merchants and natives
- Run the poor off
- Deal with others as you see fit
- Honour the Sultan

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Possessions
Scimitar
Auto-Revolver
Order Deposition
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:17:35 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 04:24:27 pm »

Right, lets get two shifts of three at the tower to watch out, then lets just get open. Haru and Beard keep off that watch and instead go and do jobs as they come up.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 06:30:16 pm »

Right, lets get two shifts of three at the tower to watch out, then lets just get open. Haru and Beard keep off that watch and instead go and do jobs as they come up.
This will require approval from at least one or two players or a counter-proposal. Your shifts are important.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 07:09:44 pm »

I was going to say three of three but we only have 8 dudes. As for where they should be, probably we only need one dude on the tower so the other two should just be ready to go and react to things if needed. And of course we need the remaining two people to run messages/run down people or shoot them in the face from afar.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: (TSG) Station Day - Day One, Arrival
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 09:23:38 pm »

Come on guys I can't have just one person playing the blasted game.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Station Day - Day One, Arrival
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:20 pm »

Well I don't really know what to suggest. Timeskip until things actually happen?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 10:01:52 pm »

You order Haru to take the watchtower. Assal and Lola with their spears wait on the road as an official guard to greet travellers, as well as a secondary watch. Your four swordsmen serve as a processing and inspection team, and they remain on standby in the barracks. Beard (who finally reveals his name as being Kensham) is awarded temporary ownership of your horse and dubbed the scout and messenger. His education and outward personality also mark him as your unofficial second in command, at least to the men.

Day One Begins - Hours Left [1/12]

Everyone takes up their positions and you head to your office to get settled. You pull your pack from the back of the horse and throw it on the cot, removing your travelling robes and dropping them inside the wardrobe. You don your blue militia robe and wrap a golden sash that marks your status as an officer around your waist. You've only just finished unpacking when Kensham walks up to your door. He seems unconcerned. Nomads up the road. Just a few I think. Talk to Haru. He leaves and heads over to the barracks, probably to give the inspection team a heads up. You belt on your autogun holster and slip your scimitar into your belt, then walk over to the tower.

You find Haru perched atop the tower, his legs drawn up and his lasrifle shouldered. He says, without taking his eyes from the scope. There are three and they are all on foot. They all appear to be natives and they have no animals. One of them wears a sword. Kensham appears at your side and you tell him what Haru saw. He nods. Well, let's see what they want.

A short time later the nomads arrive at the checkpoint. Assal and Lola have already stopped them. They appear to be complacent, but slightly anxious. The man with the sword speaks up. I do not understand. I was just here a few weeks ago and I remember none of this. Why are we being stopped? You approach and announce the purpose of the facility. He crosses his arms. What? Well that's strange. Anyways, can we pass?

---

Station
Captain's Hut - A dried clay building that has a bed, a desk for important documents and a heavy wardrobe with a lock for clothing, weapons and other important items, as well as a wooden door for added privacy and safety
Barracks - A squat, open building made from wicker packed dirt that can comfortably house 20 men; also used to store arms and supplies
Small Tower - Three tall logs leant against one another and lashed together at the top; provides a vantage point for guards
Prison Box - Accommodates 1 prisoner
Well - A hole in the ground where water is drawn from

Personnel
--8 Green Militia--
Assal - Spear
Lola - Spear
Hon - Scimitar
Plisk - Scimitar
Jamai - Scimitar
Ghorma - Scimitar
Kensham - Laspistol
Haru - Marksman Pattern Lasrifle