Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134964 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2013, 11:18:22 pm »

@Persus, Since you believe kleril is scum, who do you think his partner is?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2013, 11:28:54 pm »

@Persus, Since you believe kleril is scum, who do you think his partner is?
Not completely sure. Imp's pretty sure your Kleril's partner, but there's a few people I can cross off. If Kleril's scum, then I'm pretty sure Imp isn't scum as the two have been arguing for pretty much the entire game. Otherwise the choices are pretty open.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2013, 11:34:38 pm »

Day has been extended to Thursday October 10th 9PM PST. I have another midterm on Wednesday so this extension is longer.

Persus13 - kleril, Squill
Squill -
Superblackcat - Deathsword, Mr.Zero
Mr.Zero - Superblackcat
Imp - Darvi, Rolepgeek
kleril - Imp, Persus13
Rolepgeek -
Deathsword -
Darvi -

Not voting -

0 to extend
0 to shorten
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:26:57 pm by zombie urist »
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:23 am »

I believe the 'Superblackcat - Deathswordsuperblackcat' is actually 'Superblackcat - Deathsword, Mr.Zero'
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2013, 06:42:35 am »

@SBC

@Squill:
Haven't heard much from you. Who are you interested in scum hunting? Now that I've replaced Lukinator, you going to change anything you do?
@Persus13: Lukinator was just playing atrociously. I can't be satisfied just because he's gone.
What do you think of your predecessors actions? Why do you think he reacted so vehemently to anything said against him?

My opinion of Lukinator was, I believe I've said before, out of his depth. Bay12 mafia and real life mafia are two very different kettles of fish. Bay12 involves lots of questioning, pressuring, and is more psychological based than RL mafia. I think my predecessor's actions was bad playing by someone who didn't understand the rules, and his dropping out reinforced that. I viewed Luke as town even before I got my role PM.

Also, reacted so vehemently to what was said against him? His last post was the one where he voted you and he said it was because no one else had voted you, which set off the big attacks against him. And before that he was just answering people's questions. And even with the post where he voted you, it was a response to a question from Mr. Zero on why he hadn't voted yet. The only other post where he's defending or attacking was this:
As for Scum Imp seems pretty suspicious, lynching people for not having a lot of time on one night.
So I think vehemently reacting wasn't happening.

Right now, I'd rather scumhunt (except the two I'm focusing at the moment on haven't responded for a while) than defend Lukinator because defending a replaced player won't help town if I get lynched, but focusing on scumhunting will.

Alright, that's good enough for now.
Unvote
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2013, 07:59:37 am »

Ok!  Now I'm free to start focusing here.  It's dreadfully early in the morning for me and there's a lot of stuff I want to respond to, so I'm just going to start.  When sleepiness overcomes motivation, I'm stopping and sleeping, then I'll be back to cover the rest and catch up on new stuff past this point.  Either way, I intend to get fully caught up today.

First, here's the link-fixed parts of the 'behemoth', thrown in spoilers so they don't blind those of you who don't want to read every word (possibly again).  Only the three broken links have been changed for the portion devoted to Kleril:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And here's the portion devoted to Superblackcat.  In it one broken link is fixed, and because I wanted to spoiler it the whole I had to unspoiler the spoiler that had been; it is still clearly marked beginning and end.   Otherwise this too is unchanged.

Next post will have new stuff.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2013, 02:05:32 pm »

It's been 5 hours of nervous waiting :<

Squill, Could you completely answer my question? By giving thoughts about every, and not just myself?

Since, I'm up there in your scum list, there must be others right? Who would they be and why? Or are you just jumping on bandwagons.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2013, 03:16:16 pm »

@Superblackcat and those who wish a deeper look at 'what I saw then as Scummy about Superblackcat':
It's been 5 hours of nervous waiting :<

For me, it's been >5 hours of very careful link checking + a few thousand words of typing.  Happily for you, or not, it happens to be almost entirely focused on you - from before my 'Behemoth'.  It answers primarily your question about what I see as your inexplicable sudden focus on Kleril at a very interesting time, and a few related other questions.  It says NOTHING about your change of play past Behemoth.

Sorry guy, intention's not to torment you.  And 'what I saw' doesn't mean it's vanished now - just means I'm clarifying -then-, as asked.  I'm not done talking about you, just this one was the hardest one to write because it has a lot of links and requires a lot of detailed explanation to show.

Do talk.  Talk to everyone if you want, and if you'd include in your focus those I have talked to the least, I'd consider it a personal favor, be you Scum or Town.  Scum hunt, play the best you can, do everything you can to help your team, no matter what your team is.  You're not going to look worse to me if you act like Town - even if you hunt me.  Believe you me, if I pressure you because you pressure me - if I pressure you or anyone for any reason other than solid real based logic, I throw everything I have said yet and intend to still say before D1 ends into even greater suspicion than it now has.

However, if you are Town, you help Town a lot by not JUST hunting me.  Just saying, y'know.  And I think I've shown a tendency to want to Scum hunt - there's some concerns about that, I'm going to address them in upcoming post(s), along with other points.  So, your questions help us all see Scum/Town, you help us all (me too!) hunt the real Scum.  You act less like Scum, you eat less of my time trying to decide if I really think you are Scum or not.  This analysis that follows will hopefully help you see what looks like Scum to me in what you've done - should you still be clueless - you're not seeming so now, but that's all I'll say about now, now.  This post's about then.

Anyways, onto the meat.

@Imp, Where did I suddenly focus on kleril?

"As of his ‘self defense’ post, he may have started paying close attention to Mr.Zero and myself(“two most active people in this game is after me”); for sure by his ‘top picks’ post he is, especially to me, and also suddenly to Kleril; But where’d this close attention to Kleril come from?  Why this sudden shift in tone, attitude, focus, and styles of posting, which occurred for both Kleril and Superblackcat on the same day, in posts placed two hours apart from each others?"

What in the hell do you mean?

One thing you ask is for clarification of where your sudden focus on Kleril is.  To show it, the second spoiler in this thread contains my analysis of each of your posts this game, up to my 'behemoth'.  Your posts after that point are also worth analysis, but they are a very different thing, and are not part of why you appear Scummily connected to Kleril to me as I discuss in Behemoth. 

I largely agree with you - for most of your posts there is no link to Kleril and in fact you look like you're playing totally independently... until your post 8 - then suddenly, bolt out of the blue, your writing style has greatly changed, your reasoning patterns have greatly changed, AND a random-looking connection to Kleril is suddenly just there.  Either you did include him randomly, or you included him SUPER specifically, and with careful and not-like-your-playstyle-alone strategy  Either is possible, and it is useful in my decisionmaking ONLY because I see both you and Kleril as being independently Scummy.

Why do I care if Superblackcat is possibly connected to Kleril, especially on D1?  I -really- don't want to set up a mislynch, and I believe in gestalt.  The parts and the whole are both equally present, equally real, and equally meaningful.  I believe, right or wrong, that if they are both Scum then even now, there could be evidence, so I looked to see if there was anything to see.

Keep in mind, we have an IC saying basically, 'hey, don't go there yet.  That type of connective analysis doesn't mean anything yet or go anywhere yet; you prove one Scum, then comb the Scum's posts for such patterns.'

Well, I already went there before that suggestion.  Already wrote about it, and got asked about.  Here's my answers about it.

Considered alone, to me Superblackcat looks extremely scummy because of his own actions in play throughout the game.  Considered alone, for totally different reasons to me Kleril also looks extremely, vastly more extremely! scummy because of his own actions in play throughout the game.

That's two Scum, if this is a correct evaluation.  If they are aware of the value (and peril) of Scumchat, then there is communication between them (not all newbie scum do know and use).  If this is the case, then their play even as of first posting in play, can be considered for interaction between them that may support or weaken the hypothesis 'Kleril and Superblackcat are a Scumteam'.  If either of them is not a Scum, or if both are not, it's a total waste of time.  But they both got hit with a bunch of pressure, and that can make things happen.  Did it?  So I considered the possibility that they are our Scumteam, and this is my general analysis, considering BOTH of them from start of play to Just before Behemoth

(But it doesn't touch what Kleril talks about when he says...

Whelp, my timing sucks.

...I'll react to that upcoming.)

Well, by itself it is nothing but white noise.  It's meaningful at all only because of high suspicion that they're both Scum, and that there's in the moment high pressure upon one/both of the team, if team they are.  Considering that Kleril alone seems Scum (to me at least) and SuperBlackcat alone seems scum (to me at least), and Blackcat was more obviously headed towards the chopping block at that point (had a vote, more directly accused) and Kleril hadn't had even a blue finger actually lifted yet, for Superblackcat to weakly talk about Kleril's Townieness seems to me not a bad seed to plant into a post with a bunch of other white noise intended to hide the real message, that there's nothing at all, not even Cat ignoring Kleril, to point out Kleril as Cat's partner.

So its only purpose serves to help me, and possibly others, feel more secure that yes, there's evidence that through timing and weirdness does at least weakly support that this pair is a plotting Scumteam.  This helped me feel confident enough to warrant the post I wrote about it.  If I found evidence that seemed to contradict or did nothing to support, I'd have talked about that too, and possibly delayed the post until I felt there was more supporting evidence.

People interested in an Imp PoV on what's Scummy and what's reasonable about the first 9 play posts Superblackcat has made in this game, you have cause to open this second spoiler too.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »

Thank you for the return of activity, Imp. Now can you answer my questions and discuss things post-Behemoth?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2013, 04:16:17 pm »

I'm going to address two things Imp.

First of all, is my "Sudden focus" on kleril... That was his first post in 2 days or so, Why would I NOT focus on him? You guys focused on him, I focused on him, because he was back, and hopefully, active.

Secondly, You are telling me not to focus only on you (And frankly, I haven't) But they you continue to focus, solely, on me and kleril. Might I ask what is this contradiction doing?

Also, the nervous waiting was a pun like sentence based of your sig.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2013, 04:17:13 pm »

I don't have time to address anything else. I'm at Chinese School :<

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2013, 01:56:27 am »

Has Scum actually gotten help from the Scum IC?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2013, 02:02:00 am »

Sorry for multiple posts, I don't spend so much time reading and rereading, so When I got back to something, i remember that I had to address this and that etc.

@Imp
Anyways, I'm pretty sure I addressed most of the evidence you've brought against me before. I feel like you basically just re summarized your earlier posts, Did you actually bring any new evidence? I'm don't think so after reading your post twice. If you did however, and you would like me to address different parts of "me being scummy" Then please highlight it out in the next post, without it being behemoth. As much as I like how you write. It's too much.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2013, 02:15:08 am »

New style of posts, guys.  Nearly everything in labeled spoilers.  Still going to be a mess to quote, but going to be much easier to ignore what you don't want to see twice and actually find what you do, I sure hope.  If anyone hates this style worse than what I was doing before, please be sure to let me know.

Now I survey for questions:  I see none for me from Kleril.

Spoiler: Superblackcat: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi Dearest: (click to show/hide)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2013, 02:16:03 am »

'Spoiled' by this one long reply, continued...

I probably missed a few things.  I'll catch them next time.  Good luck all, lets get these Scum gone!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44