Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333047 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1590 on: January 29, 2014, 10:13:34 pm »

Grifen looked somewhat more heartbroken than Leo did at the news that Fezz slept through the play. She didn't say anything though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:35 pm »

"Ah, er, yes, dreadfully sorry. It... Certainly looked colorful by the actor's costumes though." Fezz verbally backpedaled at both Leo and Grifen's look, and was quite happy for the change in subject.

"Well, if you'd like me to I can. I understand its a bit of a, ah, dry topic though, and I've already made a fool of myself in my excitement once today, heheh." Best not bore his brother to death, Fezz notes, that would be a terrible impression.

"If you don't mind however, perhaps I can ask you about your specialty? Its not often I meet a wandering healer. Most tend to be rather cloistered. Or, I believe so at least. I admit I don't often dabble in the affairs of the Church."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 29, 2014, 10:34:52 pm »

Leo grinned.

"I've been teaching Grifen a little already, but yes, I can elaborate for you as well. Doubtless our training methods are different."

"Channeling magic through a staff comes from tranquility within, or so I was taught at Ironmill. One must have a calm heart and a calm mind to draw out the magic contained in the object."

Leo showed Fezz the Heal staff he had been using.

"With your background I believe you'll be able to see, each staff holds a certain amount of 'charge' within it. I draw out and direct these healing energies as needed; a conduit, if you will. I cannot cast magic directly, unfortunately. It would be much more useful in the long run."

"On the other hand I am told by the Fathers of Ironmill that to cast magic directly is harmful to the person in question, and that repeatedly doing so can shorten one's lifespan. I suppose it is best that I am limited to staves."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 29, 2014, 10:59:23 pm »

Fezz looked at the staff, nodding as he sensed the magic in it. He was indeed right, although he didn't really have any reason to doubt that considering his sibling's obvious skill in the matter.

"I wouldn't really call staffs limited myself, no more limiting than a tome. Most can't cast magic directly anyway, or at least successfully with productive and consistent results. It often requires lots of practice, focus, and patience to even attempt anything beyond small prestidigitation. Although some would rather argue for a certain self-destructive impatience, I suppose."

"You said you were trained at Ironmill? It sounds quite prestigious."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 29, 2014, 11:09:18 pm »

Leo shrugged.

"I don't believe it is. It's a monastery near the border of Syra and the Troian Empire, large enough to house the elder priests and a few dozen novices and acolytes. It was mostly isolated, although there were a few nearby towns that we would lend our abilities to in return for needed supplies. It was quite peaceful."

"The perfect place to find oneself, I suppose."

Leo seemed lost in thought for a moment, then returned to reality.

"And yourself? You were trained by your... father, was it?"

He couldn't remember if Fezz had said so, but he thought he had overheard it at some point.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 29, 2014, 11:38:25 pm »

Still sounded more formal than Fezz's own training, the scholar thought.

"Yes and no, I suppose would be the best to say. My father lacked the ability to channel, much less use magic of any kind. Quite invaluable when one goes poking around old ruins of the last age, happily enough however. He was still a scholar though, so he knew a bit of the theory behind it. When he discovered my skill for it he taught me what he knew along with provided me the tools to teach myself."

"He could only do so much to help, after all. Its hard to teach someone something you yourself can't do I imagine. I suppose it would be best to say I was taught the basic theory by my father, but I learned myself the rest. It... Resulted in more than a few singed eyebrows back then when I was still trying to grasp it."

The historian couldn't help but scratch an eyebrow at the thought. He's still glad they grew back, he was worried that enough times and they wouldn't anymore.

"This was actually the first book I learned out of. Little more than a book now however, but it has some sentimental value all the same."  Fezz shuffled around a bit behind his cloak and pulled out a heavily aged, water-damaged book. The cover was a dull brown, with specks of a dirty red that betrayed its old color.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 29, 2014, 11:46:19 pm »

Grifen stared at the healing staff and book. Try as she might, she couldn't sense anything magical about them. Maybe she just needed more practice?

: "So wait, who's eyebrows got singed? If it were yers it ain't like anyone could tell anyway."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 30, 2014, 12:21:10 am »

Leo took the offered book and flipped through it.

"Hmm. Looks like... Anima magic. This is hardly my area of expertise, but I would hazard it's the fire magic you were using? Regardless, being self-taught is impressive. I haven't heard of many who can learn magic that way."

He put a hand on Fezz's shoulder companionably before turning to Grifen.

"Perhaps that's why he wears his hair that way?"

It was meant as an inoffensive joke. He was hardly one to talk about untidy hair.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 30, 2014, 12:39:22 am »

: "Hee! Good thing some folk look good with messy hair, otherwise poor mages with no eyebrows would be outta luck."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:15 am »

"Yes, yes, I've burned my eyebrows a few times. That was long ago though, when I was still learning. Now I hardly burn myself anymore, hehe."

Fezz looked to Leo. "Fire anima magic, yes. No real power in it anymore, just instructions and diagrams, I moved the power from it to another book a while back, the one I was using. Long process, but I wanted to keep the book."

He listened to the two joke about his hair, joining in. "Perhaps that is the reason why, I've lost track of the reasons I keep my hair like this. I believe the latest was 'too busy to put any mind in it.' Or was that the one from a few months ago? No no, I think that was actually last years. Hm." Fezz tilted his head in thought and pseudo-pondered the idea in jest.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:50:06 am by Xanmyral »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 30, 2014, 01:00:56 am »

Leo handed the book back. It was clearly valuable to Fezz, and he didn't want to forget and accidentally keep it. It was good to see Fezz smiling and joking with them.

"Seems you and I have an excuse in common, then."

He pulled some hair over his face for a moment, then pushed it back. (Perfect moment for Sheila or Grifen to notice something about their faces... :P)

"It doesn't quite work for me. A bit too long to pull off your look, I'm afraid. Perhaps that's for the best. I think the ladies I normally travel with would have a fit if I cut it short."

Leo glanced over at Sheila as he said that, wondering what her opinion on the matter was. He had been somewhat considering a haircut since he offhandedly mentioned to Grifen that the braids were easier to manage in battle. Maybe he would benefit from the added peripheral vision getting rid of his shaggy locks would bring.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 30, 2014, 01:08:44 am »

: "Naw preacher, ya look good with yer hair long. Ya don't use a weapon or ride an animal, so ya don't really need to keep yer hair back."

She gave Fezz a once-over.

: "Fezz is another one that does the long hair thing well..."

: "Huh. Come to think of it...nah, never mind."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 30, 2014, 01:32:10 am »

"'Never mind?' You've got my curiosity."

"Come, tell us what's on your mind."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 30, 2014, 01:57:03 am »

Grifen shrugged - not to be evasive, but because she wasn't entirely sure herself.

: "Dunno. It's almost like...for just a split-second, you and Fezz had almost the same hairstyle...and that made the two of ya look really similar. Guess it makes sense, ain't seen many folks with Fezz's hairstyle so of course it'd seem familiar."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 30, 2014, 02:15:26 am »

Leo tucked his hair behind his shoulders, then tussled some of the longer bangs around until his face was obscured.

"Do you mean like this?"

"Also, it is quite difficult to see right now."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:17:19 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 510