Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333027 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1620 on: January 31, 2014, 12:41:38 am »

"I look forward to it. The idea sort of reminds me of incense."

It had been too long since Leo had been around incense. Certain scents worked wonders for easing tension in the body and relaxing the mind.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: January 31, 2014, 04:34:10 am »

@Julius:

"I don't know that." The servant then went his way.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 31, 2014, 09:12:18 pm »

:"Yeah, it's pretty much exactly like incense. Except, y'know, it smells better and ya drink it."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 31, 2014, 09:47:53 pm »

Leo assumed a mock expression of disgust.

"'Smells better?' My dear girl, what kind of incense do you have in your homeland that it smells worse than a mere drink?"

(EDIT: Mental lapse, forgot what I was trying to say mid-sentence. Corrected Leo's dialogue. >.>)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:51:37 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: January 31, 2014, 09:58:30 pm »

: "'A mere drink'? Preacher, just for that y'ain't getting any when I make some later."

She paused, just long enough to hopefully make Leo regret his choice of words, then smiled.

: "Just kiddin'. But incense in Masalla smells all sortsa nasty. Like rotten eggs or somethin'. Ma calls it "sulfur".

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 31, 2014, 10:17:20 pm »

"Shows me, I suppose."

"But sulfur? Really? That's... not what I meant by 'incense'. I can see why you would think all incense is terrible if that's all you had to go on."

"I'll find some proper incense for later. There has to be a shop somewhere that sells mulberry, if nothing better. I prefer cinnamon myself."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: January 31, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

: "Yeah, Ma always said she'd probably hold more ceremonies if she had some 'proper' incense. Sulfur's cheap, so..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 01, 2014, 12:18:07 am »

"Grifen, you and your family have my sympathies. That cannot have been pleasant."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: February 01, 2014, 12:26:37 am »

: "And now ya know why we didn't focus all that much on ceremonies. Given a choice between not holding regular services or smelling sulfur all the time, most folks'll choose the first option."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: February 01, 2014, 12:58:01 am »

"I can imagine. In Ironmill we would get incense as donations from the local villages, among other things. Provisions, clothing, and the like. These gifts were in return for services the initiates would provide, like healing or small ceremonies."

Leo looked over at Grifen as the quartet walked.

"I take it your mother was a self-sufficient sort of woman who didn't ask much in return for what she did for others. I guess this because it seems like you follow in her footsteps."

She was pretty insistent about teaching how to dance in return for him teaching her how to use staves, after all. Knowledge was a fair trade - and one that didn't leave her in debt to him. It wasn't an unkind thought, merely an observation of the facts. To him, teaching her was enough - the world had a lot of pain in it already, and teaching someone else a way to ease it was good enough for him. Whatever she wished to give him in return was merely a bonus.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: February 01, 2014, 03:00:25 am »

Grifen wasn't entirely sure what he meant, and chuckled nervously in response.

: "I...I guess? I mean, trading goods for services - kinda like what ya did at Ironmill - is pretty normal, ain't it?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: February 01, 2014, 03:11:34 am »

Leo smiled, but didn't say anything just yet, turning his eyes forward. After a few moments he stopped and gestured into the distance with his staff.

"We seem to have found a park."

He led them toward it. It would be a good place to sit and rest awhile, and discuss things. Speaking of, he needed to clarify, and he turned to Grifen.

"I meant that you don't seem to like to be in debt to others. That's a good quality in a person."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: February 01, 2014, 07:49:36 pm »

: "Ohhh, that's what ya meant. Sheesh preacher; you and Fezz sure do love speaking all formal sometimes."

She watched as Bree began nibbling at the park's grass, idly wondering if that was allowed.

: "But ya got me pegged, preacher. Heck, the other day when Eleanor gave me some gold I said pretty much the exact same thing to her."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: February 01, 2014, 10:15:33 pm »

Leo smiled to himself. He knew there was good in the masked woman, even if she didn't want to show it around him. That she would give money to Grifen - someone she barely knew - affirmed it for the priest.

"She did? That's good to hear."

He reached over and rubbed Bree's mane, idly wondering - and hoping not - if touching a plainswoman's horse would be an affront.

"Another odd coincidence between the pair of us. It's likely our upbringings. Fezz is used to speaking to a scholar his whole life and so uses terms they both understand; I was taught to speak this way, as a priest must carry an air of authority. It calms people in times of duress for someone of my profession to sound in control of the situation."

Leo shrugged. He saw the point of it, and considered it a good reason, but thought stating it so baldly sounded a little arrogant.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 01, 2014, 11:34:10 pm »

Grifen didn't care about Leo touching Bree; as long as the horse didn't mind and no-one was trying to hurt her the nomad wasn't worried. She doubted the priest or any of her friends had any intention of hurting the horse.

: "Well then, it ain't a surprise ya kinda became leader of the group preacher. Ain't many situations more stressful than a fight and ya always seem to know what to do. Guess that priestly training comes in handy, huh?"

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 510