Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333054 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1560 on: January 22, 2014, 11:02:52 am »

Sheila nodded.  "Of course! But I think the play is going to start soon. I can tell you about it after."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 22, 2014, 11:06:17 am »

"I guess it's just us four, then. I don't see any of our allies out and about."

"Shall we head to the theater?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 22, 2014, 11:08:54 am »

: "Yeah, okay. Let's go!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 22, 2014, 11:23:11 am »

@Theatrepeople:

The 'Whispering of the Roses' have started at 10:50am after all.

The first act was about a young, noble lady by name of Carmen that lived in a big mansion with her husband who didn't love her - the marriage was arranged and neither of the two was really into it. So Carmen began to spend time in the rose garden at the back of the mansion and one of the roses began to talk with Carmen on regular basis, who find the talking rose a good companion in her life. This didn't get away from attention of Matilda, one of the Carmen's maids.

The second act was slow descent of Carmen into 'madness' over the rose, and after Carmen promises to 'forever be with Rose', the maiden Matilda informs the butler, and the butler informs Carmen's husband. The latter in turn had almost sent Carmen to asylum before the talking rose dissappeared from the garden and Carmen seemingly returned to normality... but at the end of the act, the rose returned as a green-skinned, demonic male, ready to claim ownership on beautiful Carmen, his 'human bride'.

The third act was about Carmen's futher 'relationship' with the Rose Devil which they could consummate only during full moon, as the worried husband trying to figure what's happening to his wife this time. In the final scenes of the act (and the whole play), Carmen's husband - with his name only now revealed as Pius - finds Carmen uncounscious in the Devil's arms, and in a fit of courage and true love for his bride, he fights with and banishes the devil, which wakes Carmen up. She then, too, finds love toward her faithful husband, and together they burn down the enchanted rose along with whole Rose Garden, and then, swearing to the Dragon, they re-do their marriage vows.

---

After the curtains fell, everyone in the theatre gave a standing ovation, as the entire cast of merely eight actors (of which half appeared only briefly on scene) bowed deeply in gratitude.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:27:17 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 22, 2014, 11:59:43 am »

(I think it was supposed to be 10:50 AM since we have a meeting with the duke in the afternoon? Or am I remembering that wrong?)

Leo led his allies outside. It certainly wasn't what he had expected, that was for sure. There was romance in it, after a fashion, but the demon was a surprise.

"Well, I enjoyed it anyway. What did you think?"

The question was directed at all three of his friends.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 22, 2014, 12:25:44 pm »

Grifen wasn't sure what to think. Sure, it was interesting to watch the performers on stage (she had no idea how they had painted one of the actors green), and it was mostly enjoyable, but the parallels to the earlier conversation about arranged marriage hadn't escaped her notice.

: "That was...interestin'. Though I gotta wonder how they wrote up with a story like that. Talking flowers that turn into demons ain't something I would think about."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 22, 2014, 12:34:50 pm »

Leo shrugged.

"People who write - be it plays or novels - usually tend to be the more... creative sort of people. It takes a certain kind of mind to imagine a world where that can happen."

"It's fun to watch, but it's important to stay grounded, too."

He thought for a moment.

"...Then again, demons and monsters do actually exist. Remember the giant spiders?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 22, 2014, 05:05:36 pm »

"That may be true, but I don't think I've ever heard of them changing form like that. Well, except for the stories about dragons."

"Gotta admit I was surprised when it turned out to be a demon though. I was expecting it to be some suitor hiding behind the garden wall or something."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 22, 2014, 05:18:33 pm »

: "Someone hiding behind the wall? Ooo, I didn't even think about that. I was expecting a mumblebee."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 22, 2014, 06:07:46 pm »

: "Aw, they're nasty little critters. Granny told me about em; they're these little bugs that can mimic anyone's voice perfectly. They lure folks out into the woods, where the rest of em sting the poor fella to death."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 22, 2014, 06:48:49 pm »

Leo scratched the side of his nose. This wasn't the first time Grifen had mentioned some odd creature that apparently only existed in Masalla.

"Your homeland must be an interesting place."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 22, 2014, 07:55:57 pm »

Grifen rubbed the back of her head in puzzlement, unaware that Leo was simply assuming critters like heffalumps and mumblebees could only be found in Masalla.

: "Heh, well I guess it might seem that way. This place seems way more interesting, but maybe that's just cuz I ain't used to it yet."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 22, 2014, 08:09:42 pm »

"I suppose the grass always does seem greener on the other side. Sometimes I myself wonder how differently my life would have been if I'd chosen the sword instead of the book."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 22, 2014, 08:30:25 pm »

"I can't imagine how that would have turned out. I doubt you'd be suited to anything more than you're suited to being a preacher, Leo."
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 510