Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258340 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #690 on: September 02, 2013, 11:38:51 am »

Shadenight, your game is sublime. We need to create a hall of fame for suggestion games so that your masterpiece can be placed in it.

As for hero raid, could he have reported our location back? Probably not, as nobody ever called us back from a zeppelin.
We should face him personally, with Psysquid and everybody except Chemista at our side. We are equal with a group of heroes, so that is at least +14. And no splitting our forces. Put everything we have in one room alongside us and Psysquid.

EDIT:disregard the previous statement, I have not read the rules properly.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:45:44 am by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #691 on: September 02, 2013, 11:59:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chemista looks at you with a frown. "You'd send me first? Against Knighthowl? While I am flattered by your interest, might I remind you that I am not a fighting advisor? Psysquid here would have a better chance than me...and I can't run away from the lair itself! This is like, homebase!"
"Hey..." Cerulean croaks out from her corner. "I...Can fight." she tries a small smile. "Really...if you need help I can..."
"You go back to bed," Chemista rolls her eyes.
"Dad?"
"No 'Dad' here! Go. Back. To. Bed!" with a snarl, Chemista pushes the goo-girl out of the room and actually leaves you to coordinate the defense with Psysquid, Fluffy, Chimera, Snowstar, SilGoo, four Guardogs, two Cogs and Yourself.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 02, 2013, 12:03:22 pm »

Oh, well, face him in an all-or-nothing in a place which holds scraps, to help Psysquid.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 02, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »

Okay, so Chemista can't flee. One down, 2 to go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:06:28 pm by 10ebbor10 »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 02, 2013, 12:08:17 pm »

Kill the hero as efficiently as possible and then get Lord Gamington and heal him up. Also reward him for his excellent work. If Lord Gamington died, then use Necromancy to bring him back.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 02, 2013, 12:19:29 pm »

Snowstar shouldnt be thrown at the hero alone (I know theres minions, but hes a sidekick and should be used in combination with a dark advisor or ourself)

(snowstar is still a sidekick right? or did the amazing roll make him an advisor aswell?)

so how about then...

Room 1: (underwater mining installation) dark advisor: Psysquid with Sidekick Snowstar, The Behemoth catfishes and all minions we can pile on.
Room 2: (throneroom or Generator room) InCogNito and Chemista.

Or maybe we should throw the Catfishes on the hero seperatly?

Room 1: (zepplin landing) Behemoth catfishes.
Room 2: (underwater mining installation) dark advisor: Psysquid with Sidekick Snowstar, and all minions we can pile on.
Room 3: (throneroom or Generator room) InCogNito and Chemista.

EDIT:
actually, somebody made a comment about the generator probably having scrap for psysquid to use... while a good idea... I have a sneaking suspicion that Incognito would be benefited from fighting in the generator room as well...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:42:40 pm by Talvara »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 02, 2013, 12:23:18 pm »

I have an idea! If we send in everything else before we do, and we wait in the second-to-last room, perhaps we can trick him into stopping, just for a second. If we say something about THE hero, right then, possibly remove our mask (we'll have basically lost by then anyway), he might let down his guard in shock.

And then Eye Scream ensues.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 02, 2013, 12:31:17 pm »

I say we let psysquid rest and face him personally with everything we have left. All the minions>psysquid, and we>psysquid. I believe this is the strongest team we can field.

Actually, tell him "Psysquid, take chemista and Cerulean to the remaining zeppelin and be prepared to fly the hell away. Everybody else, you are with me against this flea-infested mongrel."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:34:11 pm by Knit tie »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 02, 2013, 12:49:46 pm »

I say we let psysquid rest and face him personally with everything we have left. All the minions>psysquid, and we>psysquid. I believe this is the strongest team we can field.

Actually, tell him "Psysquid, take chemista and Cerulean to the remaining zeppelin and be prepared to fly the hell away. Everybody else, you are with me against this flea-infested mongrel."

We need all the help we can get. This is basically our Last Stand. So, find a room with water so our Catfish can join in, and fill it to the brim with all the horrible pain we can offer Knighthowl. Cerulean, Chemista and German will be prepared to evacuate if we lose.

If everyone else dies before we do, our main priority will be the evacuation of the others, and then saving our own skin. If we lose, perhaps we could 'disappear', and a random hero opposed to HEROES pops up out of nowhere...

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 02, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »

Room 1: (underwater mining installation) dark advisor: Psysquid with Sidekick Snowstar, The Behemoth catfishes and all minions we can pile on.
Room 2: (throneroom or Generator room) InCogNito and Chemista.

+1 We need all the bonuses we can get if we want to avoid the wrath of the RNG. We know Fluffy gives a +4 to rolls and our other catfish should probably give about the same, maybe +2. Physquid has a good initiating ability which I remember gives +4. If you add the side-kick bonus from snowstar and the minion bonus, we have at least +12 bonus points, and that's before we add the possible other bonuses shade might decide to give us, and whatever bonuses I might have forgotten.

Either way, there's a good chance we might lose Physquid if things go south, we might even lose it all if shade is feeling particularly sadistic and adds a bunch of bonuses to the hero's rolls. (PLEASE DON'T)

Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 02, 2013, 01:22:37 pm »

Don't forget about Germain. We can pile him into Room 2.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 02, 2013, 01:27:40 pm »

Hmm. . . Dog vs. Dog? Sounds neat.

If everyone else dies before we do, our main priority will be the evacuation of the others, and then saving our own skin. If we lose, perhaps we could 'disappear', and a random hero opposed to HEROES pops up out of nowhere...

Since he's coming from the zeppelin dock, I kinda doubt we'll be able to evacuate anyone if things go south. Better to just give him everything we got and hope for the best.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 02, 2013, 01:29:34 pm »

Since he's coming from the zeppelin dock, I kinda doubt we'll be able to evacuate anyone if things go south. Better to just give him everything we got and hope for the best.
This is a heroic hero. He goes for the kill.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 02, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »

The problem is that we can put either 2 advisors or one advisor and up to 19 minions in a room. We are stronger than Psysquid, as shadenight said. All minions we have together are stronger than psysquid. Chemista almost certainly can't do anything about that psychopatic wolf paladin. The strongest defence we are able to muster and cram in a room involves us and everyone we have left aside from the goo girls and the squid.

In short, us + all minions is stronger than Psysquid + all minions, and without minions I do not believe we can kill Knighthowl, so let's not tempt the RNG and Replace Psysquid with ourselves in

And tell Chemista, Psysquid and Cerulean to run and hide, as there is no chance they will win against Knighthowl.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 02, 2013, 01:43:29 pm »

This is a heroic hero. He goes for the kill.

I kinda thought that heroic heroes were more Knight Templar guys who spared no one, no matter how unimportant or non-hostile, in their quest to kill all evil. He would probably see anyone we think worth evacuating as potential future Overlords. And in that case evacuating them would just make them a target, and leave them unsupported.

Come to think of it, we should probably think of getting our own Escape Zeppelintm so we can escape in case our henchmen get their asses kicked.

Edit:
The problem is that we can put either 2 advisors or one advisor and up to 19 minions in a room. We are stronger than Psysquid, as shadenight said. All minions we have together are stronger than psysquid. Chemista almost certainly can't do anything about that psychopatic wolf paladin. The strongest defence we are able to muster and cram in a room involves us and everyone we have left aside from the goo girls and the squid.

In short, us + all minions is stronger than Psysquid + all minions, and without minions I do not believe we can kill Knighthowl, so let's not tempt the RNG and Replace Psysquid with ourselves in

And tell Chemista, Psysquid and Cerulean to run and hide, as there is no chance they will win against Knighthowl.

Remember that even if he beats the first room, he'll hopefully be too wounded to be much of a threat to us, and if he manages to beat the first room with us in it, we lose everything. Besides, in almost any game, the final battle is always fought in the very last level, and usually not along with a group of mooks. Mooks are for henchmen, Overlords have Style and Standards.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:52:35 pm by sebcool »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 213