Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258345 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #720 on: September 02, 2013, 02:36:59 pm »

We have 1 single catfish. Setting Mister Wuffels on him alone is completely useless, and a waste of his attack for ,especially if we can otherwise group him together with the other minions.

It's just a waste of his talents. After all, the hero won't use his one time use abilities on a measily mook, especially if it can't even threathen him. (Which the catfish certainly can't do alone)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 02, 2013, 02:37:14 pm »

You're trusting the GM to be nice at that point. Out of personal experience,  I can say that is a mistake.

Our GM is quite reasonable, I say, certainly not a troll like Haspen. And we do like Psysquid. He still goes against  Knighthowl, though. And order a retreat when the wolf begins to kick his posterior.

Overall, I'd say we put ourselves and Chemista in the second room and everyone else except Cerulean in the first one.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 02, 2013, 02:40:48 pm »

We have 1 single catfish. Setting Mister Wuffels on him alone is completely useless, and a waste of his attack for ,especially if we can otherwise group him together with the other minions.

It's just a waste of his talents. After all, the hero won't use his one time use abilities on a measily mook, especially if it can't even threathen him. (Which the catfish certainly can't do alone)

Bah, to the first idea it is, then. Funny how we seem to be arguing in circles.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 02, 2013, 02:42:32 pm »

Overall, I'd say we put ourselves and Chemista in the second room and everyone else except Cerulean in the first one.

We got 3 sidekicks, dont forget German. If only Chemista and cerulean remain with us in the last room, Psysquid is going in with two sidekicks. I think that's kinda counterproductive, we don't even know if one advisor can have two sidekicks at the same time.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 02, 2013, 02:46:21 pm »

We got 3 sidekicks, dont forget German. If only Chemista and cerulean remain with us in the last room, Psysquid is going in with two sidekicks. I think that's kinda counterproductive, we don't even know if one advisor can have two sidekicks at the same time.

German should sidekick for Chemistra.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #725 on: September 02, 2013, 02:46:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your plan of defense cannot include Cerulean or Chemista. The two have apparently left for the 'treating' area to treat Cerulean's wounds.

As said before, this leaves you to coordinate the defense with Psysquid, Fluffy, Chimera, Snowstar, SilGoo, four Guardogs, two Cogs and Mr Wuffle.

In Room One you place: Four Guardogs + Two Cogs + Mr. Wuffle + (Psysquid+Snowstar) + Fluffy + Chimera + SilGoo
In Room Two: Yourself+German + hopefully, if she comes back, Chemista.
In Room Three: No one.

Confirm Room placement?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 02, 2013, 02:49:27 pm »

In Room One you place: Four Guardogs + Two Cogs + Mr. Wuffle + (Psysquid+Snowstar) + Fluffy + Chimera + SilGoo

This. +1.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 02, 2013, 02:51:19 pm »

This. +1.
+2

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 02, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »

Your plan of defense cannot include Cerulean or Chemista. The two have apparently left for the 'treating' area to treat Cerulean's wounds.

As said before, this leaves you to coordinate the defense with Psysquid, Fluffy, Chimera, Snowstar, SilGoo, four Guardogs, two Cogs and Mr Wuffle.

Confirm Room placement?

Confirm. Let's hope this works out, I'd hate it for us to lose just as I found this game.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 02, 2013, 02:53:01 pm »

Confirmed. Make a note to all involved that there's still a third room where they can hold their last stand. Don't sacrifice yourselves uselessly.

Cut back on quotes when possible. Preserves space

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 02, 2013, 02:54:29 pm »

Oh, well, I wanted to do our last stand at the throne room, but, well, CONFIRMED

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 02, 2013, 02:59:06 pm »

Id get rid of German as our sidekick for the battle... if its a numbers game it makes sense for him being there. for the narrative hes just very out of place.

I somewhat believe that the narrative is a strong force in this game. stronger than an extra number.

otherwise. sure Lets get down to the bloody business,

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 02, 2013, 03:00:59 pm »

Room three is empty.... HL3 confirmed

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 02, 2013, 03:08:01 pm »

Room three is empty.... HL3 confirmed
OMG IS A PROPHET!!

WORSHIP HIM SO HE WILL GIVE US MORE WISDOM!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #734 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:47 pm »

Psyquid grimaces, before looking at Snowstar. "Ehi Kid."
"Yes?"
"Do you have any last wish?"
"Why?"
"Nothing, just saying," Psysquid exhales, before giving a curt nod to his 'troops'. "I know this is going to hurt. I just know it."
Then the door is sliced apart as Knighthowl enters, foam from his mouth and his sword shining. He slams his shield against the ground once, before roaring.
"OVERLORD! I AM COMING FOR YOU!"
"Wonderful," Psysquid deadpans. "Really wonderful...let me show you our hospitality!"
Scraps start to float.
"The Frost shall give me strength," Snowstar states plainly, standing next to Psysquid.
"Silgoo," SilGoo snaps its claws as its central heart hums.
"COG! GUARDOGS! COG!" the Cogs hiss and spin, ready.
From a nearby pool in the room, Mr. Wuffle brings its head out and spits water angrily.
Chimera meows and barks.

Then the battle begins.

The carnage follows as Knighthowl's sword slashes through the air, tearing apart the Cogs as if they were made of butter. Fluffy howls and snarls, trying to bring down its paws on him, but the Heroic Hero slices through his right leg before roaring. "ABOMINATION! DIE!" Fluffy's head is removed from its body the next instant, and the construct blows to pieces. The Chimera tries to jump ahead, to bite at his sides, but all that the creature manages is to be cleaved in half in mid-air.
Knighthowl's mantle, a red cape, flutters in the air showing on its back a silver mechanism.
A wall of ice momentarily separates the survivors from the beast, but with a single well-placed blow it shatters apart.
"Can I have my last wish now?" Snowstar asks Psysquid, who just snorts.
"Welcome to my life, kid," Psysquid deadpans. "Welcome to my life."
"Now I am pissed," Knighthowl growls. "To infringe upon His work like this..." his teeth are bared to Psysquid and Snowstar, while SilGoo hisses and clicks as Mr. Wuffle goes 'Wob-Wob' with its catfish mouth.
"I will have your head!"

Psysquid's arms come up as the scraps of the Cogs start to levitate. "Thanks for the offer, but I will kindly refuse."

The metallic shards fly forth with incredible speed as Snowstar wields the power of the water nearby to create ice pillars, that he thrusts forth to aid in damaging the Heroic Hero. SilGoo charges to the fore, his claws open and his mouth wide as it shrieks.
A scratch opens up on Knighthowl's cheek.
A scratch.
A single line of red blood sprays out of said scratch as the werewolf-like creature's eyes turn crimson with fury after the barrage of ice and psychic blasts ends.
"You dare use that mockery of His works for your purposes? Your shame knows no bound!" with a ferocious roar, Knighthowl strikes back...and he looks angry.

The sword slashes through SilGoo in an instant, before Knighthowl bites down on Snowstar's neck with its powerful teeth and pulls, letting the side-kick's blood spray the room as Mr. Wuffle tries to eat down on Knighthowl.
The Heroic Hero grabs the fish by the mouth, the Behemoth Fish, and snaps him in half by tearing his face apart with a strong movement of his arms.
Then he turns on Psysquid.
"Mommy," Psysquid whimpers as he watches the sword come down on him.
Then a massive wave of ink erupts from his pores, forcing Knighthowl to hold his hand in front of his mouth.
The moment done, Knighthowl is now completely covered in black ink and Psysquid is nowhere to be seen.
On the Floor, Snowstar is missing too.
There is a light 'plop' as something enters the pool of water nearby but, apart from that...
No one else remains in the room.
Soon, with a might roar, Knighthowl charges in the next room.

You gaze at the Heroic Hero who has entered your domain. German stands next to you, growling furiously.
You calmly clap your hands. "Well done, in getting till here," you comment. "What of Lord Gamington?"
"I do not kill those who can't put up a fight, differently from your kin," Knighthowl snarls. "Is the Overlord in the next room? She and I have a score to settle, and I will not let her run free for longer."
Wait.
Does he believes Chemista is the Dark Overlord?

He doesn't seem keen on fighting you. Probably because you lack any weaponry, appear humanoid and are, frankly, the least impressive menace of your entire army. Ever Squidconda looked more dangerous than you. With German next to you, and him wearing a lab coat...is he mistaking you for 'civilians' or something of the sort?

Do you make him see the errors of his ways? Or maybe you can avoid confrontation. Colored in black as he is he does not inspire trust...and he looks quite angry to boot. His nose is covered in ink and he snarls, coughing out dribbles of the inky substance. You could let him go through...
But then, there would be Chemista AND Cerulean.

The question is...are you willing to sacrifice those two for a chance at escaping with German, or are you going to make your last stand?

The choice...
is
Yours
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 213