Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258328 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #660 on: September 02, 2013, 05:32:01 am »

Confirm. Tell Gamington to run the moment the heroes show up and that, if he does not make it, we will take care of his brother
No. Tell gamington only to run if defeat becomes inevitable. We need as long of a distraction as possible.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 02, 2013, 05:42:39 am »

Confirm. Tell Gamington to run the moment the heroes show up and that, if he does not make it, we will take care of his brother
No. Tell gamington only to run if defeat becomes inevitable. We need as long of a distraction as possible.

Then tell Gamington to conduct a fighting retreat, with him eventually leaving everybody behind to occupy the heroes as he escapes. He is irreplaceable. Everybody else is not. And there is no chance of winning.

I am leaving for real life and holding fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:45:12 am by Knit tie »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:49 am »

How about we just tell him to hit and run. And hit again,...

Also, can we call the potheads in on this mission. We might need some auxiliary distractions around town.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #663 on: September 02, 2013, 07:25:16 am »

So it Begins

Chapter Five: And Pain Shall Consume Them All

Distraction Carnage

Lord Gamington's face is tightly held as the Zeppelin flies over the residential districts. "Potheads are ready?" he asks, looking towards Guatish who simply snarls.
"Very well," then he flicks over a small red button. "May Evil have mercy on us all."
Detonations rock throughout the city, before the Zeppelin begins deploying its troops, with Gamington first in line.
"TENS OF THEIRS FOR ONE OF OURS! MAIM! BURN! KILL! DANCE-DANCE!"
"COooooog!"
The citizens scream.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is a round of pure slaughter, as unstopped the Cogs slice through the Civilians, the Squidconda spits its poisonous acid and the Bunnubi just generally floats around harmlessly -albeit it does bring children closer to it so that the Guatish can tear them to shreds.
With a feral roar, the Guatish tears and rends through many men, through many women, through husbands, fathers, wives, children, it rends and it feasts without care as Gamington watches the creature with disgust.
Gamington snarls as he plunges his lance deep into the stomach of a man.
"Why?" the man asks as he dies.
"The Overlord sends his regards," Lord Gamington replies.

(Lord Gamington is on a Roll)

It is a carnage without honor, without grace, without a fighting chance. Houses are burned, people are flailed alive, no one is spared from such brutality that can only echo in the most horrible annals of the history of B-City.
It is with a heart rending scream that Gamington slams his lance on the ground, closing his eyes to avoid staring at the devastation caused around him.
Then the sirens of the police arrive.
Lord Gamington stands proudly atop a pile of corpses, and points his lance at the first car of the police that arrives. Three other cars follow, and soon there are eight guns and eight policemen pointing their weapons at him.
Some are sickeningly green from the slaughter around them, and more than one has his shoes dirtied in the blood or the guts that linger around the road.

(I. Have. No. Words.)

The Cogs slice through the police forces with ease, as Squidconda grips tightly onto one of the humans and snaps his neck before returning to its water tank. Apparently, she can levitate that thing to move around.
The Bunnubi's adorableness distracts a guard, and the Guatish tears apart his chest and breaks his ribs the next moment. It is quite the gruesome scene.
Gamingtons himself makes a shishkebab out of the remaining guards, and then he nods to the Cogs and his troops.

"We shall hold the line."
Then, the steam-powered engines of the Special Forces arrive to the party.
"HURRAH!" the military personnel yells as they descend from their steam-tanks, their massive gatlings ready.
"We shall fight in the shadows!" Lord Gamington snarls. "FOR THE OVERLORD!"

Two cogs fall pray to the spraying bullets, before Lord Gamington brings up his lance and snarl. "DANCE TO THE COGBOX!"
With a pirouette, it's his turn now to be enraged.

Gamington's lance impales a special forces operative, killing him on the shot as bullets ricochet off his tophat shield. His eyes narrow as he roars, "We shall fight in the shadows!"
"SPRAY THEM WITH BULLETS!" one of the military yells. "SPRAY THEM!"

The moment the bullet's about to slam into Guatish' chest, the Bunnubi squeaks loudly and sails in front of him. With a bang, the fluffy critter with bat-like wings dies in the hands of the Guatish.
Who looks at the creature's pleading eyes as he bleeds to death in his arms...
There is a moment of silence as the Bunnubi dies...
Then the Guatish eats him and flies into a homicidal rage! Just like pretty much everyone else.

Squidconda leaps in the air, hissing and spitting furiously as bullets riddle her entire frame. She ends up withering in pain as she dies. Then the Guatish eats her too.
Really, he should stop eating his dead allies!
That's when the ground trembles, and a Group of Heroes arrive!
"We are the mighty twenty-Eight!" they bellow, all of them. "We shall win this fight With our mighty twenty-eight pairs of arms and legs! Stand back men! It is time for the heroes to win this fight!"

Gamington clenches his lance and holds his shield up high.
"Bring it, twenty-eight days later they'll find your twenty-eight bodyparts scattered!"

Guatish is riddled with holes, tore apart by fists and whatnot and, in the end, dies on the ground stampeded by the twenty-eight 'heroes'.

The Special Forces then bring up their rifles.

Gamington holds on to his shoulder, where he was wounded.
"I..." he gasps, "Will..." he grits his teeth. "Hold..." He snarls, "THE. LINE!"

With a terrifying dance born of the agony of his wounds, as his cogs part break apart his very skin and blood seeps out spraying on the ground, Lord Gamington Dances. He dances beautifully across the road, his lance piercing the heads and slashing at the necks of the so called heroes. He dances as his wounds increase, but he does not stop.
He does not stop even as he watches the heroes cry in fear for the deaths of their comrades. He doesn't stop until the very last one of them gives off a strangled cry and falls unconscious.
Then he smiles.

The Special Forces hold their rifles up, staring at the bleeding monstrosity that has taken out twenty-eight heroes. A smile on his Face, Lord Gamington remains still.
Then, slick with blood, he charges on now Grievously Injured.
"THIS IS THE FINAL HOUR OF LORD GAMINGTON! WATCH. ME. DANCE!"

Six special forces fall dead, their heads neatly removed as Gamington laughs out maniacally while dancing to his last tune.
The remaining guard is traumatized by the scene and, dropping his gun, runs away scared senseless.
Gamington coughs out blood, and then falls with his back on the ground.
His eyes look up to the sky and then he exhales loudly. "Did...I do well, Overlord?"

"I...hope so," too wounded to fight any longer, or to run, Lord Gamington closes his eyes in wait for the inevitable. "I really hope so."

Breaking In Carnage

Psysquid watches dispassionately as the prison slowly empties of some of its guards. The Heroes soon follow and, in the end, the Heroic Hero leaves too.

"We don't have much time," Psysquid remarks. "Let's get into it, Snowstar? Ready?"
"Of course," with a nod, the side-kick places his back against the wall of the prison, and slowly starts to bring up like an elevator the minions and the troops assigned.
"Fluffy, begin your operation," Psysquid orders to the Behemoth monster who nods and then dashes off growling.

The only trouble that remains as Psysquid walks through the entire prison by avoiding both the inmates -they might attract the police- and the guards stationed, is the person torturing Cerulean.
At least, that is his thought until he reaches the torture area -called 'Interrogation Sector'.
"AHHhhhhh please! STOP!" Cerulean's cries are heard beyond the door.
"Very well people from home!" Casternews states, "The next torture of the minute is Poisonous Vipers! As you all know, Goo-Girls can regenerate nigh everything beyond completely burning, and since all of their cells are interconnected, kicking her foot would be the same as kicking her head, her teeth, her tongue...and so, without ado, let's bring in the poisonous Vipers! Their powerful toxins will make her feel as if a thousand scorching needles were inserted in her entire body! A human would die, but she's a monster of the most wicked kind! Come on then children, do you want to see her suffer!?"
"Please..." Cerulean whimpers. "Dad...please..."
"You don't have a dad you monster! You don't even have a family! Your father is nowhere and you know it! He's not going to save such a horrendous piece of backwash filth like you!"
And that's when the door of the torture room are torn open by Psysquid as he enters cracking his knuckles.
"The Show is now no longer suited for minors," he hisses as he stares at Casternews, the Superhero of the News. "Now, it's time for Tentacle Fury."

Casternews is wearing a bright cerulean blue outfit as he stands next to the plexiglass cube where Cerulean is being tortured within.
"AH-HA! So you finally show yourself! Well, never mind! You will now meet your end! Knighthowl! Come!"
Nothing happens.
"Special Forces?"
Silence.
"Police?"
Nada.
"Security Guards?"
Nein.
"Children?"
Silence in the studio.
"Let me try," Psysquid replies smiling warmly. "FLUFFY!"
and with a deafening roar, the wall nearby detonates as Fluffy barges in.
"TIME FOR SLAUGHTER!"

The entire television apparatus slams repeatedly into Casternews, as Fluffy tears apart his body and SilGoo slams his metallic parts while bellowing in fury. By the time the onslaught is finished, there is blood of Casternews sprayed everywhere.
SilGoo then proceeds to break the plexiglass and grab a hold of Cerulean's limp and half-solid body.
"Dad?" she whimpers looking around.
"The Overlord is waiting for us at home," Psysquid replies smoothly. "Time to leave."

Weather the Storm

"Overlord," Chemista remarks. "Lord Gamington is..."
There's a beep.
"Yoh dawg," a Pothead states. "We heard you like your cogs within your cogs, so we put a Lord Cog inside a Cog and did the Cog."
You turn to stare at Chemista, who closes her eyes and rubs her temples.
"I think what he's trying to say is that they got to the scene before the Heroic Hero and sent Gamington back here with the Zeppelin's auto-return feature."
You give a nod.
"When is he going to return?" you ask back.
"Judging by the state he was in and if he can't control the zeppelin...I'd say tomorrow."
"Very well," you turn on the tv, only to find static on the Torture Cerulean Show.
Another sigh of relief flours you as you hear Psysquid's Zeppelin land safely at the docks.

Everything went well.
But it was close.
So close.

You are now in Downkeep. What do you do?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 02, 2013, 07:46:09 am »

laugh with relief
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #665 on: September 02, 2013, 08:04:57 am »

Start reinforcing the base, we just slaughtered the 28 hero's, I think they might be A little been more keen on finding us, and look at the news, if there is other news happening, we will watch he reaction, also, check cerulian for any trackers and some such, when she comes back.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:28:51 am by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 02, 2013, 08:06:13 am »

laugh with relief
Do not laugh. Brood. Welcome Cerulean back, but make her see the cost of her capture. Make her see how many innocents have died for her sake. Pet Mr. Wuffles menacingly.
 When Lord Gamington returns, congratulate him on a job well done. Promise him we will not make him do such a thing again.

OOC: Is there a heroic equivalent of a dark advisor? Because if so, i think Gamington is getting pretty close....
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 02, 2013, 08:14:22 am »

Gamington is an Anti-Villain. Nothing wrong with those.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 02, 2013, 08:19:50 am »

Never said there was. I meant heroic as in the 'lost what they stand for then reforged' sense.

Sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 02, 2013, 08:21:19 am »

28 heroes? holy shit Lord gamington is a BEAST!

See that static? that's the message i wanted to send about our power. Now then let's mutate that snowstar when he comes back hmm?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 02, 2013, 08:24:41 am »

Screw standards! I left for a day and Cerulean got kidnapped? That would be the first time I ragequit a suggestion game!

Nevermind she's safe now. Whew. Plus Lord G is badass. I really think we should lower our standards. Look at this. We did hardcore payback!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 02, 2013, 08:27:50 am »

Should we send a letter saying that that was what happens when they mess with us?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 02, 2013, 08:54:34 am »

Should we send a letter saying that that was what happens when they mess with us?

We killed the host of casternews didn't we? who in the hell are we going to send it to? Also why is that psysquid didn't free those prisoners and start a riot on his way out?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 02, 2013, 08:56:35 am »

(Snowstar is already part-starfish.)

Greet everyone with relief that they're all alive. Declare that we're all going to have the next few days without missions, while everyone recovers and celebrates that they're still alive.

Cerulean can probably be promoted to Advisor-at-Ear, which is an advisor for all intents and purposes except combat. We are extremely happy with her performance at all other points apart from combat. She has proved she is loyal (she took those bullets for Chemista) and psychologically strong (they wouldn't be using those vipers if she had given in, they would be gloating at her weakness instead).

Let's get to that father-daughter time and teach her some cog-making, eh?

And get Chemista to make some cogs for us after she's fixed up Gamington's cog-parts. Out of each of their performances (Gamington managing to defeat 28 heroes, 8 police and 7 special forces, and Psysquid flawlessly rescuing Cerulean), she's the one who least needs some rest and relaxation.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 02, 2013, 09:03:27 am »

(Snowstar is already part-starfish.)

Greet everyone with relief that they're all alive. Declare that we're all going to have the next few days without missions, while everyone recovers and celebrates that they're still alive.

Cerulean can probably be promoted to Advisor-at-Ear, which is an advisor for all intents and purposes except combat. We are extremely happy with her performance at all other points apart from combat. She has proved she is loyal (she took those bullets for Chemista) and psychologically strong (they wouldn't be using those vipers if she had given in, they would be gloating at her weakness instead).

Let's get to that father-daughter time and teach her some cog-making, eh?

And get Chemista to make some cogs for us after she's fixed up Gamington's cog-parts. Out of each of their performances (Gamington managing to defeat 28 heroes, 8 police and 7 special forces, and Psysquid flawlessly rescuing Cerulean), she's the one who least needs some rest and relaxation.

No, Cerulean won't be an advisor. She will continue being a side-kick because she almost dies and we are protective, plus she is not mature enough.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 213