Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73687 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Damon tried to remember all that he'd learned and recorded. He paused for a second, leaning against the wall with the SMG in one hand. "Okay, ummm...Jim, I think it was, you and Clair should take point. The rest of us stay right behind, advance carefully, if any zeds show themselves, take 'em out. Corners might be tricky though..."

Move down hallway.
If/as soon as an infected is spotted, shoot it or wait for our resident shotgunners to do so, depending on what type it is(common get shotgunners, supers go down ASAP)
If an infected charges us, shoot it of course.
Once all infected are dead, go back to step 1.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

I had actually thought Mark was going to just stick with the Pistols for some reason.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Always helps to have an SMG if we find a horde... speaking of which, I should play Left for Dead 1 sometime today))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Always helps to have an SMG if we find a horde... speaking of which, I should play Left for Dead 1 sometime today))

Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill... Ahem.... I approve of this plan.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The sacrifice is not canon! I refuse to believe it!))
[/quote]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill Bill... Ahem.... I approve of this plan.
The zombie guy
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"Take point? You mean go first? Yeah, thats what I was gonna do. My suit isn't gonna get any more ruined."

Go with Damon's plan:

Move to Z6
crouch
shoot any nearby undead with shotgun. Prioritise specials.
Overwatch with reminder(s)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The sacrifice is not canon! I refuse to believe it!))

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Anyway since I assume Max is probably getting prepared to leave I'll just set Ali on Bot-mode until he gets back. Meaning that I'll follow the paremeters set by him earlier [Stay at back of group and covering fire.]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Special Infected (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Common Infected (click to show/hide)

The group proceeded down the hallway quietly. Mark, having taken a few seconds to acquaint himself with his new SMG walked slowly behind the group along with Ali. Ugly Jim and Clair took the front of the formation with Damon standing slightly behind. Each had their own job. It was Ugly Jim however who seemed the most worried.

“I don’t hear the growling anymore.” He stated quietly as the group walked.

“They don’t always make noise do they? We walked through the hallway earlier and didn’t hear the cougher… Er Smoker.” Ali remarked.

“Well… I’m just nervous is all. The Hunter packs quite the punch y’know? Ruined my nice suit.”

“That suit was ruined before you bought it if you ask me.” Damon piped up.

“What do you mean?”

“Just not my style.”

“Fai-“

The growling had returned.

“Shh…” Damon hushed the group as each proceeded closer to the growling.

It was right around the corner.

Ugly Jim tapped Clair on the shoulder and pointed to the other corner. She quickly realized what he wanted and pointed her shotgun towards the other opening.

Ugly Jim held up three fingers… two…. One.

The group rounded the corner and opened fire. The barrage of Damon’s SMG and Jim’s Shotgun quickly reduced the Hunter to a pile of dead flesh.

Unluckily Clair wasn’t able to get a bead on the freaks in HAZ-MAT suits before they had hit her a few times. Her second shot ripped through the suits and ended their menace of them. However while she was distracted three zombies had ganged up on Damon and another two were harassing Mark!

Quote from: Map Key
Dashed Orange Line = Open Door
Double Orange Line = Closed Door
Red C = Infected that is Aware of You
Shaft = Lethal Fall/Cannot Enter by Choice

Spoiler: Marks/Ranger Cado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ali/Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damon/Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Well this is a first. Common infected getting a smack or two in. Honestly I figured the “stair” section would be a difficult enter but an easy defending point. Honestly I’m just kinda glad that this game didn’t turn into the “Punch Jim” hour. That sorta thing is never fun. Anyways good luck.

The color coding for survivor health should make things easier on knowing who needs what and such. As Damon is at 40 health he can only move 2 spaces per action point.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Reload
one step to the right
Shoot at AA8
If I can still see zoms that way, shoot again.
Covering.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not gonna do my turn yet, but I wanted to make a few suggestions for the game.

One, I think that every weapon except sniper rifles and bolt action rifles should have a maximum range at some point. Maybe large enough that it usually won't come up, but it'd make more sense if my SMG couldn't go 30 squares.

Two, bolt action rifles and sniper rifles should probably have a 'sweet spot' where they're most accurate. Maybe 15/10/5/10/15, for 1-2/3-5/6-10/11-14/15+? It'd mean we wouldn't have survivors spreading out so that the guys thirty squares back can be safe while he snipes the Witch. It'd also give a purpose to the Careful Aim thing, beyond 'you will hit with your next shot period'.

Three, the way temporary health is handled makes it seem like the only point is to be able to keep moving if you're hurt. Which might be a decent idea, but it'd be nice if damage taken was split between temporary and permanent health. That way, there's at least some purpose other than that.

Four, multiple ammo types for shotguns, with different effects. Slug and shot, mostly. You can guess what they'd do.

Five, chunky salsa/because it's cool mechanics. Like, if a Jock started riding someone, if that person made a roll, they could point their weapon above their heads, and well...chunky salsa.

Six, weapon customization. You could find an adjusted laser sight that gives a bonus for the weapon it's attached to, and once a weapon is customized, it doesn't disappear once it's ammo is gone. However, customizations can never be changed(you can take them off/replace them, maybe, but they can't be reused), and you only get two on any single weapon, and of course, you can't have two that wouldn't make sense together(Reflex sight(bonsu to reaction shots?) and a telescopic scope csn't be n the same gun, for example) Some might only work for certain weapons; a laser sight isn't going to work for a bolt action rifle or shotgun, after all. Scopes might be attached to assault rifles and give them the Scope and Careful Aim mechanics, though probably weaker(+2 squares, and probably just increase the range, or give a +5, but not in full auto mode). Secondary weapons cannot get customizations(though you might find precustomized secondary weapons, but that has it's own stuff; do yu want the laser sight pistol, or dual pistols?)

Seven, a Noise thing to be added to some guns. Or most. A noise factor, which depends on the caliber and muzzle velocity(aka damage) of the round. For example, assault rifles actually use smaller caliber bullets than most pistols, but fire more of them, and faster, so the noise would be higher. Shotguns have a huge caliber, so them and grenade launchers would probably have the lowest, while weapon with a Silencer(which decreases damage and range slightly, but decreases noise even more) or a flamethrower would have the least. Okay, maybe not the flamethrower, since that makes a different kind of 'noise', but still. Flash suppressors would help reduce the noise slightly, but wouldn't affect damage. What noise would do, is affect the radius that the infected can notice you from, and give them a bonus to noticing you. Double it if they're the ones being hit(this also means we don't have hordes of infected just standing around while we blast a path with shotguns). That last probably only matters to special infected, of course, since common die to almost anything.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actions:
crouch
Shoot X3 (SMG, starting with closest infected first.
reload
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not gonna do my turn yet, but I wanted to make a few suggestions for the game.

*Checks Email* Ooh, more turns! I love reading those prior to doing them... Oh... There's a wall of text. *Reads* Hm... Some good points. Some I don't agree with but... Let's respond to ALL of this.

Quote from: Suggestion 1: Max Range Limits
One, I think that every weapon except sniper rifles and bolt action rifles should have a maximum range at some point. Maybe large enough that it usually won't come up, but it'd make more sense if my SMG couldn't go 30 squares.

Agreed and I'm working on it. Trying to find the right range. 6 would probably be best as that's how far survivors can see but I'd like for some ability to assist if someone scouts ahead so I'm not gonna go with 6 yet.

Quote from: Suggestion 2: Rifle Accuracy Sweet Spot
Two, bolt action rifles and sniper rifles should probably have a 'sweet spot' where they're most accurate. Maybe 15/10/5/10/15, for 1-2/3-5/6-10/11-14/15+? It'd mean we wouldn't have survivors spreading out so that the guys thirty squares back can be safe while he snipes the Witch. It'd also give a purpose to the Careful Aim thing, beyond 'you will hit with your next shot period'.

Duly noted. I'll consider that. It hadn't been something I'd thought of. The issue being, with sniping a witch that far away, is that the survivors have a max sight range of 6 [10 with the rifle] and the Bolt/Sniper do 525/625 respectively. 1250 [2 sniper rifles using all their AP on shooting the witch] wouldn't be enough to kill her on anything but Easy. She could easily get to them and incap a survivor [or kill on Expert] unless everyone was using a Sniper [3 at least on Normal] but that makes them severely weakened against anything close up. However you do bring up a good issue. The accuracy for the rifles and their overall balancing is something that worries me and I will look into it soon enough.

Quote from: Suggestion 3: Temporary Health
Three, the way temporary health is handled makes it seem like the only point is to be able to keep moving if you're hurt. Which might be a decent idea, but it'd be nice if damage taken was split between temporary and permanent health. That way, there's at least some purpose other than that.

That's actually the entire point of Temporary Health. The basic point is that you use it [mostly] if your team doesn't have a health kit or such. I'll take this into consideration though. There are some changes I'd rather leave for later on when I've seen some practical data.

Quote from: Suggestion 4: Ammo types for Shotties
Four, multiple ammo types for shotguns, with different effects. Slug and shot, mostly. You can guess what they'd do.

Well the thing is that I'm trying to keep each gun class unique. A shotgun is useful only at short range but it REALLY kicks ass there. The mid range should be going to the Assault Rifles with Rifles taking the long range role. I dunno if allowing weapons to bleed into each others effective ranges is what I want. I will consider adding more ammo types though.

Quote from: Suggestion 5: Chunky Salsa
Five, chunky salsa/because it's cool mechanics. Like, if a Jock started riding someone, if that person made a roll, they could point their weapon above their heads, and well...chunky salsa.
I don't know what you mean by Chunky Salsa honestly... If I'm getting it right it's basically "This would be awesome so why not?" If so then... I don't know. I need more clarification on what you're suggesting.

Quote from: Suggestion the 6: Weapon Mods
Six, weapon customization. You could find an adjusted laser sight that gives a bonus for the weapon it's attached to, and once a weapon is customized, it doesn't disappear once it's ammo is gone. However, customizations can never be changed(you can take them off/replace them, maybe, but they can't be reused), and you only get two on any single weapon, and of course, you can't have two that wouldn't make sense together(Reflex sight(bonsu to reaction shots?) and a telescopic scope csn't be n the same gun, for example) Some might only work for certain weapons; a laser sight isn't going to work for a bolt action rifle or shotgun, after all. Scopes might be attached to assault rifles and give them the Scope and Careful Aim mechanics, though probably weaker(+2 squares, and probably just increase the range, or give a +5, but not in full auto mode). Secondary weapons cannot get customizations(though you might find precustomized secondary weapons, but that has it's own stuff; do yu want the laser sight pistol, or dual pistols?)

There are already Laser Sights in the game and they don't go away with the ammo. It goes away when the gun is switched. The special ammo is a bit less permanent though BUT I don't think that's what you're addressing. I'm trying to keep the mechanics somewhat simple. Scopes are being considered [as well as a Pocket item that while carried gives the effect] but for now they'd be Laser Sights with a different effect. This is the one I'm having the hardest time saying 'No' to because... well honestly I like it a lot but I'm just not sure if it'd fit the game. Certainly if this does get added it won't be something SUPER extensive. But a little bit of mods might occur.

Quote from: Suggestion 7: Noise
Seven, a Noise thing to be added to some guns. Or most. A noise factor, which depends on the caliber and muzzle velocity(aka damage) of the round. For example, assault rifles actually use smaller caliber bullets than most pistols, but fire more of them, and faster, so the noise would be higher. Shotguns have a huge caliber, so them and grenade launchers would probably have the lowest, while weapon with a Silencer(which decreases damage and range slightly, but decreases noise even more) or a flamethrower would have the least. Okay, maybe not the flamethrower, since that makes a different kind of 'noise', but still. Flash suppressors would help reduce the noise slightly, but wouldn't affect damage. What noise would do, is affect the radius that the infected can notice you from, and give them a bonus to noticing you. Double it if they're the ones being hit(this also means we don't have hordes of infected just standing around while we blast a path with shotguns). That last probably only matters to special infected, of course, since common die to almost anything.

Already in the game though not quite as extensive as that. The notice rolls do need a bit of tweaking but I think I'll save that for Chapter 2.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

(Thanks for auto-ing... if I'm honest my next turn would be the same as that ANYWAY. She's scared and she's getting a sniper like gun the moment there is one).

Nerjin is trying and doing a great job in keeping this game similar to the actual. The temp health in left 4 dead really was used just to walk faster... which OH MY GOSH is necessary in that game. Also, chunky salsa, you're basically suggesting a way for a pinned survivor to unpin himself. That defeats the point of co-op. Left 4 Dead's lasting legacy is that it is PHYSICALLY impossible to go solo. You HAD to rely on your comrades to fend of specials and for the most part, standards. There should never be a way for a pinned survivor to unpin himself.
Thought they were worth pointing out.

On that note, would be cool to have standard infected to somehow slow the survivors when they are hit by them. Maybe like... reducing your movement by 1 when hit, min of 1, and can only move twice or so on your next turn. Shouldn't really be able to run past a horde whilst getting hit if sticking by the games.
Course, with everything else being looked at and reviewed, you might have considered this but decided to keep it simple for now. Or simpler anyways. :)

Bolding action:
Same as Auto.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's all just my opinion, after all. I don't expect Nerjin to do all of them, or in all honesty, any of them, I'm just the kind of person who likes complexity.

Anyway, for my turn, now that I can make it decent on my computer.

Damon stumbled back, shouting as the creatures fingernails tore his clothes and scraped his skin. One of them got a good cut on his leg, and it was hard to walk. "FUCKERS! MOTHERFUCKINGPENCILBANGINGSONSOFDROPOUTGASOLINESALESMENASSFACEDDICKSMOKINGSHITEATINGBASTARDPUSSYCRUNCHINGDOGCOCKSUCKING FUUUUUUUCKEEEEEERS!"

He clutched at his leg as he spewed more curses, then braced his SMG against his arm and shoulder and emptied the clip into them, then threw the old one to the side, slammed a new one in hard enough that his arm jerked up, and started emptying it again.

Shoot the ones in AA8, Full Auto, then once they're dead, the ones in AA6.
Reload if necessary during this time.
Cursing at the top of my lungs shouldn't take an action point, right?

EDIT: Also, Chunky Salsa was basically just saying something similar to how a Hunter can get right back up if shoved if it rolls well enough? If you roll above a 10(for pistols or SMGs) 15(for assault rifles and shotguns), or 18 maybe(for the big ones, like grenade launcher, flamethrower, or rifle; though I wouldn't advise using this with the first two. It'd probably kill you), on your turn(only once in your turn, not five times) with infected pinning you, then you can get an auto-hit shot. The rolls to represent trying to get the weapon to point at them whilst being attacked and such, and is really just so that you can do something to the creature while it's on you, though if it's a special, you probably won't kill them. Maybe a penalty for Chargers or Jocks, since it's a bit of a distraction(or maybe a bonus for Jocks, but they still steer you? Since they aren't screwing with your knees and toes, just your head and shoulders(and sense of balance, I think), from what I'm aware?). Just an idea; imagine it in the game video parts as a survivor getting attacked out of the shadows by a jock as everyones dealing with the horde set off by a car alarm, let's say a Jock, and as it's jerking him around, he gets his SMG up, shoves it into the things stomach(not with determination, just barely getting it there) and empties the clip through the bastard's chest and head.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:54:52 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 78