Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73691 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Update
New Content
-Certain Backpack items are now considered “Attachments” which give the weapon a permanent new ability but cannot stack with other attachments.
-Certain Backpack items are now considered “Special Ammo” which gives the weapon a new ability for a single clip.
-Detachable Scopes: An attachment which gives the primary weapon the “Scopes” ability.
-Binoculars: A pocket item which extends the survivors Line of Sight by 2 squares.
-Heavy Ammo: An ammo type that gives the “Slugger” ability to weapons.

Changes
-Laser Sights no longer give an aim bonus.
-Laser Sights give the primary weapon the “Careful Aim” ability.
-Certain weapons now have a Maximum Range stat [Primarily: AK-47 [9], Pistol [7], Dual Pistols [7] , M16 [9], and SMG[7]]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A prod has been sent to "GiglameshDespair"/Ugly Jim.

If I don't have a reply by this time tomorrow I'll just auto his actions.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

A prod has been sent to "GiglameshDespair"/Ugly Jim.

If I don't have a reply by this time tomorrow I'll just auto his actions.
Sorry about that, life got in the way. Turn written soon.

Shoot the undead in AA6, then in AA8.
Move to AA4
Overwatch
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:27:41 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's fine. I don't WANT to skip people but I gotta try to keep the game moving.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Special Infected (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Common Infected (click to show/hide)

It was becoming fairly routine to the survivors to handle the small numbers of Common Infected. Careful positioning and firearms did quite a number on the pesky bastards. The trouble came in around the time that Clair rounded the corner and was immediately mobbed by a small number of them. Luckily the group managed to take out all but one that had smacked Clair in the throat with a cold hand.

While watching this Ali stated “I hear that Smoker again.” Just before she felt something slimy grab her “Wait… What?” Was all she had time to get out before she started to get dragged away from the group her gun going off as she instinctively pulled the trigger. Luckily some of the bullets struck the Smoker that had appeared behind them at the end of the hallway.

Even worse a distinctive sound could be heard from the room up ahead though with all the confusion none of the survivors could make out what exactly it was.

Quote from: Map Key
Dashed Orange Line = Open Door
Double Orange Line = Closed Door
Red C = Infected that is Aware of You
Shaft = Lethal Fall/Cannot Enter by Choice
Green Background= Pinned Survivor

Spoiler: Marks/Ranger Cado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ali/Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damon/Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

For now to avoid using up ALL the survivors ammo if a target dies and they have extra actions targeting that target it will automatically be cancelled  so that the team isn’t shooting at nothing. Since survivor actions take place during the same tick however if three people choose to shoot at a Common Infected [for example] and it dies on the first shot the other two will still attack it.

Furthermore I shall be treating Infected as a -2 to sight lines if they’re in front of you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"No! Not this time, you fucker!" Daemon says, pulling out the painkillers and shoving some in his mouth. Then he ran after Ali, hauled her back from the thing's tongue, and then interposed himself, once more just holding down the trigger as he tried to kill the thing.
"Where did it even come from? That back hallway?!?" Daemon asked. After all, they had just been from that way.

Use Pain Pills on Self
Shove Ali
Move to W7
Fire at Smoker on full auto twice(four shots)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:15:39 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the interest of transparency Specials can spawn inside of any square that Survivors cannot enter or haven't seen. In this case the Air duct/Grate from several turns ago that Clair examined.  Basically it keeps it from being a "Everything is going to be in front of us." sorta game. Gives me a bit of leeway on the situations I place you in. Just wait until you get into the streets [I feel that it's fair enough to reveal that as you're going to a truck stop and you're currently in an office stair-well [most of you anyways] and the specials can spawn basically wherever I want due to there being buildings everywhere. It'll be great. For the infected.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, how do criticals work, and why don't CEDA zombies have No Brainer?

FASTEDIT: And is there any way to take cover from the various ranged attacks? It would mean coming across three crazed survivors, one of which has an auto-shotgun and the others have sniper rifles, wouldn't a TPK instantly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

"Well there was an air duct and it look skinny enough."

Cover the downway

(I guessed right before scrolling down to Nerjin's post :D)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, how do criticals work, and why don't CEDA zombies have No Brainer?

FASTEDIT: And is there any way to take cover from the various ranged attacks? It would mean coming across three crazed survivors, one of which has an auto-shotgun and the others have sniper rifles, wouldn't a TPK instantly.

Criticals occur when a player rolls a 20 on an accuracy rolls. Some weapons [Bolt-Action and Sniper Rifles] have a skill [Headshot] that let them do it on 18-20 I believe.

CEDA Zombies have No Brainer because... I forgot to give it to them actually. Fixing it as we speak.

The Crazed Survivors aren't currently going to spawn due to this exact issue. I'm thinking that I'll have them apply the Friendly Fire/2 to you while your group does full damage.

Example: CZ = Crazed Survivor    S= Survivor [Weapon Used is the Pump Shotgun adjacent for ease of calculations]

Easy: CZ just won't spawn in this mode due to the fact that they'd basically not do anything.

Normal: CZ attacks S = [100/5 [Difficulty] = 20/2 = 10 Damage [Pretty decent for Normal I'd say]. S attacks CZ = 100 damage.

Advanced: CZ attacks S = [100/2 [Difficulty] = 50/2 = 25 Damage [High but decent enough]. S attacks CZ = 100 damage.

Expert: CZ attacks S = [100/2 = 50 Damage [Very high but that's to be expected] S attacks CZ = 100 Damage.

Furthermore when I stated they spawn with a single Item/Weapon I meant it. There's all the likelihood in the world that a group of 4 could spawn with all health-kits, all shotties, all rifles, a mix of the earlier ones, or even just spawn with binoculars. If they have no fire-arm they'll literally just run at you and shove.

Add that to the fact that if a Tank spawns or a Smoker or some such spawns they're just as likely to fight eachother as they are to fight you.

BUT to answer your original question: I'll probably end up having Crouch add another [X/2] to the equation making anything below 100 damage basically worthless. What're your thoughts on this by the way?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the thing is, it'd be nice to have different sorts of Reaction AIs for the survivor. Such as, a cautious or defensive one that means instead of shooting at the boomer when it shuffles around the corner, duck behind the table do it doesn't bile you.

That requires hard cover though, and nothing except line of sight will really block the Tank's throws.

For the crazed survivors, I'd actually recommend just plain friendly fire damage. On expert, a single zombie does 20 damage. I'd say a crazed survivor should do full damage. Does it mean TPKs will happen if you aren't careful? It's expert mode ain't it?

It'd make them dangerous without being impossible, especially with the cover mechanic. Though, I'd actually recommend making the crazed survivors slightly less accurate with ranged weaponry, and cover giving a penalty for them to hit, rather than taking less damage.

And of course, Crazed survivors shouldn't be able to get Craig's except on 20s with weapons that usually have Headshot.

I would say they should have No Brainer, but the damage we'd deal with Crits means it won't matter, just like with common infected.

I would advise a boost to their health though. Say, 100 split up for normal, 150 for Advanced(spawn in groups from 2-6 now), and 300 for Expert(in groups of 3-8)

As well, as a plain suggestion that I'm not too sure about, maybe give them more stuff at higher difficulties? It'd make them even more dangerous and harder to kill, but gives the upside of having more stuff. Say, one weapon or item at normal, one weapon and one item at advanced, and a weapon, a sidearm, an item, and a throwable or pocket item at Expert. Not both, but that should make them dangerous enough. One clip for normal, if they have a weapon, and a full ammo count for the other two. Expert gets Sidearms anyway.

Just things I think might be cool to have. Other things include being able to barricade doors, cover mechanics, machine guns, C4, a plot line with moral decisions to be made, mortars, armor, a hollow-point and armor piercing round mechanic(which doesn't need to go with the armor; AP does more damage to Tanks, CEDA, and Chargers, less to Boomers, Fallen and Crazed Survivors, and Smokers. Hollow-point would be the opposite, except it doesn't do more damage to Smokers, it does more damage to Spitters instead.), and so on. I like complex games. Does that mean they're the best? Nope.

I would suggest another type of SMG(Uzi?) and a machine gun, if you're gonna have three types of shotguns. I'd also suggest multiple grenade types; maybe a smoke type, bile type, incendiary, etc.

Oh! And if what I remember of the game is true, if a Witch is on fire, she does more damage.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love these sorts of Game Discussions. It's what I make these things for.

Well, the thing is, it'd be nice to have different sorts of Reaction AIs for the survivor. Such as, a cautious or defensive one that means instead of shooting at the boomer when it shuffles around the corner, duck behind the table do it doesn't bile you.

Maybe at a later date. A "Dodge" reaction would be an interesting choice... I dunno though.

Quote from: Crazed Survivors - Part 1
For the crazed survivors, I'd actually recommend just plain friendly fire damage. On expert, a single zombie does 20 damage. I'd say a crazed survivor should do full damage. Does it mean TPKs will happen if you aren't careful? It's expert mode ain't it?

It'd make them dangerous without being impossible, especially with the cover mechanic. Though, I'd actually recommend making the crazed survivors slightly less accurate with ranged weaponry, and cover giving a penalty for them to hit, rather than taking less damage.

And of course, Crazed survivors shouldn't be able to get Craig's except on 20s with weapons that usually have Headshot.

I would say they should have No Brainer, but the damage we'd deal with Crits means it won't matter, just like with common infected.

I would advise a boost to their health though. Say, 100 split up for normal, 150 for Advanced(spawn in groups from 2-6 now), and 300 for Expert(in groups of 3-8)

Well I won't make them less accurate or change how weapons work for them. It sorta removes part of the motif for me. MAYBE if, through play-testing, they get to be impossible to work with I'll change them but for now their health and such stays the same.

Quote from: Crazed Survivors - Part 2: Higher difficult = More stuff?
As well, as a plain suggestion that I'm not too sure about, maybe give them more stuff at higher difficulties? It'd make them even more dangerous and harder to kill, but gives the upside of having more stuff. Say, one weapon or item at normal, one weapon and one item at advanced, and a weapon, a sidearm, an item, and a throwable or pocket item at Expert. Not both, but that should make them dangerous enough. One clip for normal, if they have a weapon, and a full ammo count for the other two. Expert gets Sidearms anyway.

A decent idea. I'll take it into consideration.

Quote from: Suggestion 3: Ideas to add
Just things I think might be cool to have. Other things include being able to barricade doors, cover mechanics, machine guns, C4, a plot line with moral decisions to be made, mortars, armor, a hollow-point and armor piercing round mechanic(which doesn't need to go with the armor; AP does more damage to Tanks, CEDA, and Chargers, less to Boomers, Fallen and Crazed Survivors, and Smokers. Hollow-point would be the opposite, except it doesn't do more damage to Smokers, it does more damage to Spitters instead.), and so on. I like complex games. Does that mean they're the best? Nope.

I'll address these in order. Barricading doors will add turns to the game so it defeats the "Quick game" vibe I'm going for. My point with this is to make the game quick yet long if that makes sense.

Cover Mechanics are sorta there as it is but I can see what you're saying. I'll look into it for when you're around cars.

Machine guns are already in the game but the section right below the quoted one asks for more types. The thing is that there are an equal number of machine guns and shotguns [SMG, AK, M16 vs Pump, Double, and Auto]. Same thing with grenade types unless I'm misinterpreting that part.

C4 could be a fun addition. I'll consider it with great fervor as it's honestly better than my Caltrop throwable.

A plot line would just bog us down. I'm trying to keep the game within certain parameters [related to the main game] so that one is unlikely to occur.

Mortars are a no go as the grenade launcher fills the role without being odd. Mortars MIGHT show up as a crescendo event but not as an actual weapon I'm afraid.

Armor might make it in as a pocket item. MIGHT. It wouldn't do much but... I'll think about it. I like the idea but I'm not sure if it'd fit.

The different ammo types you propose are a bit too complex for my liking. They might be put into the game but not with that exact affect. I don't want this to get TOO complex. I like complexity as a player but as a GM who makes mistakes and has to spend quite a bit of time double checking everything before it ships out I like a lot less.

Quote from: Suggestion 4: More Machine Guns
I would suggest another type of SMG(Uzi?) and a machine gun, if you're gonna have three types of shotguns. I'd also suggest multiple grenade types; maybe a smoke type, bile type, incendiary, etc.

Oh! And if what I remember of the game is true, if a Witch is on fire, she does more damage.

Already addressed. AK, SMG, and M16 equal the Pump, Double Barrel, and Auto Shotgun count. Granted the Flamethrower is basically a powerful shottie so... That's 4 shotguns, 3 assualt rifles, and 3 rifles [I count the Grenade launcher as one]. So it seems about even considering the rarity of the Flamethrower and Grenade Launcher.

Also the Witch does the same damage on fire as not. The big difference comes in for the Hunter but they've since removed that. I might add it back in but... For now it stays gone'd.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Okay, I guess. I would consider SMGs and Assault Rifles different(more so than between the shotguns, at least), and different from MGs too, but that's just me.

Why not have a third part to the duo of rare ranged weapons? Actual, heavy duty LMGs or HMGs wouldn't be common after all, and could have Rare Ammo. Use it up fast too, probably have a mechanic that means you have to stay still to use it effectively. Maybe a variant of Careful Aim?

And...hmmm...Not much else is needed...

Maybe a melee primary weapon? A long-reaching one, like a glaive or something? Hard to find, probably only in museums, collectors houses, or displays, but still. Some two-handers, I mean, mostly. Possibly a bow, which would have low damage, but very quiet.

I feel like the noise and stealth mechanics should be worked on more than adding more weapons, in all honesty.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I considered the HMG [Specifically the M60 due to the game having it] but decided against it as it'd just be "Higher damage assault rifle". I want the guns to each feel unique in some sense and not just be "Generic re-skin #2" and... well I'm not sure if I succeeded or not. I've also played around with the idea of a "Mounted Machine Gun" which deals a lot of damage, has unlimited ammo, and has alright accuracy but cannot be moved and costs 2 AP to fire per shot. But I can't get it to balance right. I do want another "Rare ammo" weapon as we have the Shotgun and Rifle variant but not a Machine gun one... But for now it won't happen.

The melee weapons are to be kept one space away for now I'm afraid. Their whole point is that "I can kill a SUPER large amount of infected around me but I give up my range and ability to defend myself if downed." THe glaive may make an appearance but it'd just be a Katana reskin [as the Katana is one of the bat and vice versa. They're literally just named different.] I already have the super-melee as the Chainsaw.

I agree that the noise should be revamped but... I don't know about stealth. Yeah you could theoretically stealth through it but the point is to kill as many zombies as possible. Hm... I like your suggestions though and enjoy hearing them. Believe it or not I do put most into heavy consideration.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I just mean stealth as in 'Lets sneak past this semi-hibernating horde of super zombies' kinda stealth. Sneaking past huge numbers of them where if you didn't, you could survive, but probably not all of you.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 78