Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73690 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actions:
Move to AA4
crouch
Covering fire with dual pistols.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Maybe the M60 or whatever could be deployed, and without being deployed, it's really inaccurate? As in, it takes a turn to deploy. So it'd be really good if you knew they were coming, so for the final defence, etc, it'd be very effective.

Modern armour is typically torso-only, so it could reduce friendly fire and bullet damage. Not much use when the horde is ripping your arms off, but something to absorb bullets might be useful for poor old Ugly Jim. Probably would be an item. Maybe there could be military zombies with body armour? I remember something like that in L4D2, they were SWAT or something in big bullet-proof suits. I mainly played the first, though, so I don't remember all that much.

Were there crazed survivors in L4D2? I remember zombified survivors who dropped an item and ran away, but not actual people with guns who shot at you.

I feel like adding too much like different ammo types might be overcomplicating it too much. It wouldn't have too much effect gameplay-wise, but it would also add a lot more work to it, and it's not us who's working it all out, but Nerjin.

Also, is that noise a TTTAAAAAANKKKKK
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

The M60 idea... Might actually work.I'd lower it from a turn to deploy down to a tick. Maybe make it automatically deploy when you crouch with it.

There were SWAT zombies [in most countries anyways] and they were basically the most annoying part of the Parish. I'd lower it from bullet-proof to higher health total. Those will probably make it into the game.

There were not crazed survivors in L4D2 and those are one of the only newest additions.

I agree with your ammo point. I like the Heavy/Bile/Explosive/Fire bullets thing I got going for now. It adds enough different ammo types that it lets people have a bit of fun with their gun.

I cannot confirm or deny that it might be a TTTAAAAAANKKKKK.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update:
New Content:
Riot Infected have been added. These uncommon infected have higher health than the normal Common Infected.
Bullet Proof Vest has been added. This pocket item halves friendly fire damage while carried but gives a -1 to all aim checks.
C4 added. This throwable item detonates when a player or infected enters an adjacent square or when it is shot.

Changes:
The Boomer Bile effect only lasts three turns now.
A failed Pounce no longer causes the Hunter to recieve extra damage.
A Jockey's leap now functions identically to a Hunter's pounce excluding the distance traveled.
Crazed Survivor's now do damage according to the friendly fire rule.
Crazed Survivor's no longer spawn on Easy.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the M60 I meant a tick, rather than a turn. Sorry, wrong terminology.
How far do hunter leaps actually travel? Can they jump from out of sight range?

"Jesus, it's like one of them japanese cartoon things!"
Move to V6
Kill smoker
move back up to previous position

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I think the CEDA should have a small, but existent, health boost. Not much, but something like 25/40/55/80. That's just me though? Riot infected are cool. Maybe a movement drop or something? Since crits aren't auto-kill?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2013, 08:00:04 am »

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Special Infected (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Common Infected (click to show/hide)

While the loud bang of Clair’s shotgun killed the Common Infected harassing her both Damon and Ugly Jim rushed to aid the shy teacher being dragged away by the impossibly strong tongue of the Smoker.

Through his limp Damon managed to shout out a string of explatives that weren’t really understandable due to their pitch and speed. With a might pull he managed to loosen the tongue off of the young woman just enough to let her go. The Smoker seemed more than surprised at this tactic when Ugly Jim opened fire with his Shotgun knocking the smoking infected back a few steps, just out of range.

The trio of survivors took the opportunity to open fire with their weapons. It was finally a burst of bullets through the head via Ali’s SMG that the Smoker finally fell to the ground as a large amount of smoke arose from his corpse obscuring their view of the next room.

“You okay?” Damon asked the pretty woman as she sighed in relief.

“Yeah… Thanks a lot.”

“No problem little lady.” Damon replied.

“Alright you’re both safe. Let’s get back to the others.” Ugly Jim stated with a small smile as he examined the “No Smoking” sign near the elevator.

Quote from: Map Key
Dashed Orange Line = Open Door
Double Orange Line = Closed Door
Shaft = Lethal Fall/Cannot Enter by Choice
Light Green Background with Green Dotted Lines = Smoker Smoke

Spoiler: Marks/Ranger Cado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ali/Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damon/Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

If not for the terrible Pulling Rolls I don’t think Ali would have made it out of that as well as she did. Oh wells. Keep up the good luck kiddos!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2013, 08:56:48 am »

Been watching this for a little while, think it's quite cool. Mind if I jump on the waitlist?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2013, 10:56:25 am »

Sure can. Just PM me or post a character sheet.

That being said:

UPDATE
-Spitter acid no longer functions as it did. Changes include: Lowered duration [5 turns down to 2], deal damage per both survivor and infected tick, and changed the spread mechanic [it now spreads to 4 random squares after turn 1.]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2013, 11:04:24 am »

Also: Regular player:

Would you be alright with a sixth survivor joining you? Keep in mind that Normal cannot be played with 6 survivors [for now. May change that.] so... Just throwing that out there.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2013, 12:13:39 pm »

I would be alright with a sixth after the next safe room. We should run through this part on normal to see what it's like, and get used to the game mechanics; that way when common infected damage suddenly pentuples we won't be constantly getting mauled by them like we are now.

Reload
Move to AA9
Crouch
Covering fire
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2013, 01:35:57 pm »

Spoiler: Jeffrey Mason (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2013, 01:55:32 pm »

I would be alright with a sixth after the next safe room. We should run through this part on normal to see what it's like, and get used to the game mechanics; that way when common infected damage suddenly pentuples we won't be constantly getting mauled by them like we are now.
(Same)
"Everyone still breathing? Good, let go."

reload
move to AA4
open door
If zom in 3 spaces shoot till out of AP or they dead.
If ap remain, cover
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2013, 01:59:23 pm »

For: 2
Against: 0
Abstained: 3

So far it's looking good for ol' Jeffery Mason who is, by the way, accepted into the wait-list for now.

Furthermore I've been playing around with a few things that can show how many times someone has gone down to make it easier than just "They're health background is red but... How many times have they gone down? Better go back through the thread." as an alternative, for now, I shall put a diagonal line through their health for each time they go down. If they go down after they have an X [two lines] then they're dead. Is that fine or does someone have a better idea?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:12:00 pm by Nerjin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2013, 03:05:19 pm »

The crossed-health idea seems good. Will it be reset if healed with a healthpack like in the games?

And i feel like, to be really honest, five people is enough per run. Too many people and it'll get messy and harder to balance. Also , a mute character seems kinda, hmmm. When people are desperately trying to survive, I don't think they'd want to stop and read someone's hands. Out of everyone I know, no-one knows sign language (though they could all speak it as a convenience in-game.) Trying not to come across as a dick here.

Anyway, my turn.
Reload
Move to AA11
crouch
Overwatch/shoot undead
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 78