Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2624 2625 [2626] 2627 2628 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3129309 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #39375 on: February 07, 2014, 08:01:40 am »

<Hai, it seems like every third noticeable person we meet want's to kill us.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #39376 on: February 07, 2014, 08:07:37 am »

<That doesn't justify acting as if that doesn't matter. This bitch has *killed* Ashley, and enjoyed doing so thoroughly. And now you're just gonna have some fancy italian dinner with her? You know who can't have a fancy italian dinner now? Me, because my ribs hurt when I swallow. And Ashley, who doesn't even have a body anymore. And everyone else, because they blew up our kitchen. You traitor, turncoat good for nothing spineless sell-out. Do you know neither pride nor shame nor honor nor loyalty?>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39377 on: February 07, 2014, 09:09:25 am »

Selina has no idea what is going on, just that she's at Yuri's house...

Conny has salvaged everything possible, including most of the computers and electronics, as well as a dryer and a few beds and bedding.

<Arya... Can we buy you a new house? I... Its the least we can do after.... this...>

Meme is being all cute and careful while she talks to some fingerlings. She whispers if her voice is too loud.

<Can we kill the Angel things now? I'm bored.>
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39378 on: February 07, 2014, 09:12:17 am »

"Meme you can come out now, the Angels have gone. But I fear half of your toys are just scrap plastic now."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39379 on: February 07, 2014, 09:14:50 am »

Meme looks pretty sad now, her lip quivering a bit. She looks to be stopping herself from crying. The house was gone? Her toys were gone? ...Everything was bad!
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39380 on: February 07, 2014, 09:17:31 am »

Hainuwele tries to comfort Meme best as she can. But yes, this is very bad. Nobody has the right to do that to Meme.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39381 on: February 07, 2014, 09:18:33 am »

Meme lies down and gives Hainuwele a gentle hug, trying not to crush her as she calmed down slowly.

((Brb 1 hour 10 minutes))
[/quote]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39382 on: February 07, 2014, 09:24:37 am »

Ester heads back to the house and helps with the clean up efforts.

Neferis is just standing around, wondering what the heck happened.

Kyle runs over and makes sure that Selina is okay, his weapon flopping about as he does so.

((Can't be much of a weapon if it's flopping around like that. :P))

Oh, also, +5 bonus points to anyone that participated in the plot.

((So... +5 points to Neferis for getting smacked around a lot?))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39383 on: February 07, 2014, 09:27:22 am »

ICARUS, since Kyle installed both the Arts and Crafts, as well as the Games and Education model, is able to understand the situation. She grabs leftover cloth from the explosion as well as some fluffy feathers (must have been someones bed), and crafts a robot-plushie from it.

"Temporary substitute for toy-shortage aquired. This will help eliviate your inability to perform games until proper replacement has been aquired. Initiating psychology sub-routin 1.15 section 12."

ICARUS very mechanicaly pats Meme on the back exactly 3 times. Her voice remains entirely mechanical and uncaring. Her eyes stare at Meme unblinkingly.

"There there. If the patting on the back has not ceased your distress, I will be on stand-by for further emotional supporting sub-routines."

ICARUS begins removing the rubble and rudimentary repair to make sure there is no further collapse. From the salvaged rubble, she constructs a few shanties as shelter.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:33:23 am by Akroma »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #39384 on: February 07, 2014, 09:33:02 am »

<Why don't you ask Ashley if she feels betrayed by me having dinner with someone. Also I did offer everyone else. And we can fix your ribs. And if I wanted to really betray you I would have shot Yuri by now. Oh, the castle is done ahewd of schedule. Feel free to tell everyone now.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39385 on: February 07, 2014, 09:39:30 am »

<You are fraternizing with the enemy before the dust even settled. We have all the right to be angry and seek retaliation from that bitch, but she has no right to simply be forgiven without even an apology. Through her actions, she earned every bit of hatred we have towards her, but she has yet to earn the right to be forgiven. And forgiveness is more expensive than a dinner and acting as if nothing happened. It's an incredibly chance that we *can* ask Ashley about how she liked being killed. Had that bitch killed someone else first, or simply hadn't Shis'm Caes shown true greatness of character in sacrificing herself for us to end the battle, there would have been many that can't be asked. She can not go unpunished.>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39386 on: February 07, 2014, 09:42:56 am »

Obcenities can be heard coming from Sen's now non-existent room. Much anger, much lose.

Yomiko is still sitting on the porch confused.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39387 on: February 07, 2014, 09:43:27 am »

Obcenities can be heard coming from Sen's now non-existent room. Much anger, much lose.

Ester goes to check on Sen, "Are you okay?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39388 on: February 07, 2014, 09:44:26 am »

"They probably destroyed her books. Tons and tons of knowledge some of which may be irreplacable, now gone. Well done, lets invite them to dinner."

Hainuwele only now realises that the LAZOR also went through the backyard, and makes a run for it, only to find the keep entirely gone.

"NOOOOOOO. MY ENTIRE COLLECTION OF [that thing]- I mean all my stuff! It took me years to get some of that."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:46:28 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39389 on: February 07, 2014, 09:45:50 am »

"This unit is made of highly advanced alloys, nano-scale engineering components, high-end ceramics, and several experimental materials that have no trade name yet. Iron content less than 3%, a blacksmith would be insufficent"
"And Neferis is far denser than ceramics, or any mundane matter, can be. A potter would be insufficient."

"The main family home. I can give you the location and get you inside, but... I should not come. Me being there will set off alarms at this point, ones you do not want active."
"Your mother has alarms for you showing up, but not an army of other magical teenagers, children, and miscellaneous beings? No offense, but I'm amazed your mother is the overlord of her own bladder, let alone a vast magical enterprise."

Kyle stops sighs and turns around.
<If the angels are as timely as they have been there should be just enough caos for me to slip in right now.>
"Yes. Anyone coming, come." She climbs into the TV, taking anyone that wants to come with her.
Will and Nuriel are added to the list.

He arrives in a large room, having fallen out of a large display screen used for announcements. he seems to be in a large, central hall. In front of him are the two Angels, Asariel looking mildly amused, Dumah just standing there.
Someone feminine clears their throat behind him.
"Well. Shit."
<Yuri? Could you come back? It won't make things worse...and the television seems to have locked behind me...>

"What the hell are you doing, you insignificant little...!"
Will decides that, as long as he's here, he might as well mock Yuri's mother.
"He's the insignificant one? Sorry, but I think that having the better part of the power of Shys'm Caes's power locked up inside yourself and still being as pathetic and petty as you are overshadows that. Your daughter mentioned wards, alarms against her...and yet nothing against anyone else. That's incredibly idiotic. Not to mention your whole grudge against your daughter; she hasn't foiled any of your plans or something, and is probably the best bet for your petty plans to continue past your death or disability. In case I'm being too wordy: You suck."

...has on multiple occasions had employees killed for questioning her, and uses threats on employees families so they cooperate.
"Wow. I could talk all day about your horrid management strategies."

"She's... been manufacturing genetic abominations for use as her work force."
"Gee, I wonder why."

-snip-
Aedan has to leave as he starts crying hard.
"...Not to interrupt the delicate moment, but what the hell, Yuri's mother? And I'm not going to bother to remember or deduce your actual name, because you're not worth it. I might as well remind you of the one thing you've ever done that you shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed about."

"Uncle Johnson. Yes, I realize it's a shit name."
"Could be worse. He could be Uncle Bates, and insist you call him Master."

"...Uncle is also the one who taught me how to flirt. I like to think I'm pretty good at it."
Will makes a mental note to smack Uncle for this.

"We are the ones that sealed her away in the first place. To protect our world."
"... Excuse me?"
"You didn't know? The fact that the Creator was sealed in two women in the same line didn't clue you in? No one bothered to check on the location of the single most powerful and important being in the universe? Wow. Tell me, is everyone where you come from incompetent?"
"Yes."

<Isn't Selina a creator? ...Could she become the new Overgoddess?>
<Wouldn't that require ending the mind of Shys'm Caes, in effect killing her? It also strikes me that it would make her relationships with everyone...different.>

"So, are we gonna go and lay these angels on ice now? I'm good to go."
"Knock yourself out. I'll speak at your memorial service."

"What? They killed Ashley, kidnapped Shis'm Caes, destroyed our home, and on top of that wanted to overthrow heaven by creating a new overgod, which is more or less open rebellion. Sure, they said *well, lets wait until Yuri dies to grab Caes*, but who guarantees they they won't find a reason to decide that they can no longer wait, that they need the overgoddess *now*? And nobody cares even a bit?"
"Don't listen to the one person who almost never bothers with this stuff. Listen to me: I care, but there isn't anything I can do about it, capiche?"

"I...I don't have a clue what you just said. Anyway, the one who killed Ashley needs to face the consequences. Asariel is a fallen angel, she fell out of grace with heaven, and reminds down here on earth still. Are you all blind and deaf to not have felt the intense killing intent coming from her? She was not accompanying Dumah because of any divine mission, but purely because she enjoys killing. Who knows how many people on earth she has killed since falling from heaven, and how many more will follow, just as a kind of recreation. She is the kind of monster that we try to defend the world from."

"Threat level assessement of entity:Asariel to humanity is within reasonable levels to authorize a pre-emptive strike. However previous events have shown that engagement at this stage would not be cost efficent, and may result in complete mission failure."
"That's one way to put it, yes. Except I'd replace 'may' with 'almost certainly will'."

<Please don't kill the person I'm about to eat Italian with.>
<You're confusing angel and host, Kyle.>

<She already killed one of us, and nearly killed several more, including me.>
*IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION BELOW*
<Um. Kyle's dating the host of the person who killed Ashley. The angels left. It would be like someone refusing to let their kid go on a play-date with Angel because Nuriel burned down their house, after Nuriel got removed from Angel somehow.>

<That is a) for defence of my entire race and b) a different topic.>
<Any race that doesn't even consider alternate methods to murder doesn't get to use that defense in court.>

ICARUS very mechanicaly pats Meme on the back exactly 3 times. Her voice remains entirely mechanical and uncaring. Her eyes stare at Meme unblinkingly.
"There there. If the patting on the back has not ceased your distress, I will be on stand-by for further emotional supporting sub-routines."
"Why did they even bother installing that?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 2624 2625 [2626] 2627 2628 ... 4748